bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayers..  (Read 6265 times)

Ninny

Prayers..
« on: January 29, 2011, 12:12:26 PM »

First of all...Maybe he won't be upset with me if I tell you this..but please keep Musicman in your prayers, his grandmother passed away this week....

Also, my brother in law's wife who will soon be 46 had a massive stroke last night and is not doing well at all..the entire left side of her brain appears to be nonfunctional...her BP is very unstable...my brother in law is a truck driver and is driving home from Indiana to Arkansas on very little sleep please remember him in your prayers as well...

Thank you all once again for praying with me every time I ask!!

Kathy  :'(

grapehound

Re: Prayers..
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »

Ditto Janine.

Bless y'all, Kathy.

In His Love

x

iris

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 04:06:54 PM »

Prayers going out for your family and Musicman's family.

Iris

Linny

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 08:33:51 PM »

Kathy, this is heartbreaking news. Please keep us informed.
Musicman, so sorry for your loss.

AwesomeSavior

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 10:34:34 PM »

Dear Kathy:

Thank you for your prayer request. I pray that God strengthens you during this difficult time.

Dean

cjwood

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 12:33:02 AM »

i pray that the Presence of Father God will be with each person involved in these hard times of emotion and truth, and the many sorrows that come with much knowledge, which is spoken of in the scriptures.  i ask our LORD for special comfort and protection over your brother-in-law ninny, as he drives the highways home with a heavy heart.  He knows our heartaches.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »

please keep Musicman in your prayers, his grandmother passed away this week....

Thank you all once again for praying with me every time I ask!!

Kathy  :'(

As you ask, Kathy, and as you hold up Musicman in your prayers, you are in our prayers,~ you have a place in our hearts.

Our hearts are our Prayer Sanctuaries.

My condolences, to you Musicman.............

Blessings
Arc
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 07:31:58 AM by Arcturus »

Nan

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »

Will say a prayer for Musican and add your in laws to my prayers.

Ninny

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers..As of around midnight my sister in law is stable..my brother in law is going to call me sometime today and give me an update on her condition..she is still extremely critical..they have found a mass in her heart they must do surgery to remove it..they are keeping her sedated to keep her still..the doctor said if the mass moves it will mean her life...
I need to ask for a specific prayer from you..my brother in law is a rough hewn kinda guy..I have talked to him many times about how God has all our lives in His plan and we are all in His plan..My brother in law has said to me.."God listens to people like you..but he isn't much interested in a guy like me." That may not be the exact quote, but it's close..I have told him that God looks at us and sees His children and He loves us all the same, we are no different I am no better than anyone on the street.. I have always been very close to him and he tells me many of his feelings..last night he told me not to pray for him, but for his wife..I need prayer because if his wife doesn't pull through..then he will turn to me with questions and I will need God to give me the words to say...

I just got an update! She is showing signs of improvement! She has some feeling on the left side of her body and she knows where she is and she knows everyone around her...this is very hopeful!

As for Musicman, I know he appreciates your prayers as well..

I'll let you know when I know anything more..

Love you all!
Kathy  :)

Ninny

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »

I have an update from my brother in law...he said if his wife makes it through tomorrow she has a better chance of survival..but they told him to prepare for the worst..

The mass in her heart is a cyst and they don't know if it's cancer, but they think a piece of it could have broken loose and gone to her brain causing the stroke..that is the fear they have right now..they are keeping her very still so as not to disturb the cyst..

Everything is very touch and go and wait and see...thank you all again for praying!
Kathy

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 10:01:22 PM »

Dear Kathy:

Continuing to pray    :)   God Bless...

Dean

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 08:47:44 PM »

just a quick update on my sister in law..she had to have surgery yesterday morning to remove some of her skull to relieve pressure on her brain..she made it through that ok! today she began to talk to her family a little..Soon she will have to have the heart surgery..in the meantime she is still very critical..God is really showing her family His love throught this ordeal!! God is good...please keep praying, it is still very "wait and see" with her..thank you so much for your prayers!!
Kathy :)

lostANDfound

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 10:19:04 PM »

well that's one hurdle!  good to hear some good news kathy. 

Nan

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 02:03:34 PM »

Thanks for the update, Ninny. Will continue to pray.

Duane

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 12:22:35 AM »

Our prayers are with you all.  Being a stroke victim, myself, I will pray especially hard for  her recovery
and therapy.  Also for her husband hurrying bck to be by her side.  I hope they were able to give her
immediate blood-thinners etc. so damage was  minimized.  (The first 20 minutes are crucial.)
A word of encouragement, I was TOTALLY paralyzed on my left side and thru PRAYER, family support
and therapy I got everything back but my left leg from the knee down but I can walk ok.  So don't
disparage at the first appraisal because GOD is greater than our infirmities!  AMEN!

cjwood

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 04:07:40 AM »

... don't disparage at the first appraisal because GOD is greater than our infirmities!  AMEN!

spot on statement duane!  amen and amen.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 10:23:37 AM »

Thanks everyone! I haven't been back to update recently! Sorry..
My sister in law is doing so much better..she now has feeling in her left arm and leg..she still can't move them much, but she will be leaving the hospital in the next few days for long term rehab in a nursing home..she is expected to have a good recovery!

She had the surgery to remove the mass from heart which the dr said she had probably had from birth! It never posed a problem until it began to deteriorate and a piece broke loose and went to her brain causing the stroke!
So after some extensive nursing care and physical therapy we're hoping she will get her mobility back..the stroke didn't affect her memory..and I think her speech is ok..so it's going to be mainly a mobility issue until we see what kind of use the therapy will restore! God is good and He has shown mercy to this woman!

It is amazing how God works in our lives and on our hearts!
Duane, I'm glad that you've done so well after a stroke!! Like I said...God is good to us!! :)
Kathy ;)

Nan

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 02:21:28 PM »

Ninny,
Thanks for the update. Good news, indeed!
Nan

Duane

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 02:07:24 PM »

One of the major problems with having a stroke is the tendncy to succumb to depression.  It was explained to me that a person GRIEVES over the loss of body parts/functions just the same way as people grieve over the loss of a loved one.
SOOOO, it is extremely important to be there for emotional support as shock, confusion and mood swings are part of the
norm.  (A good LISTENER is worth the person's weight in gold (save the lectures for someone who cares~) 
I was in a horrible situation with the loss of my left arm and leg, especially seeing I am left handed.  I REFUSED to feel sorry
for myself and made it my mission to minister to everyone who was struggling with their reality-- as many were elderly people who had no clue as to what and why it happened.
They even told me "Duane, you know you are incontenent, don't you?"  I said FIRMLY "no, I'm not--I was born right here
in North America"!  (That got a couple chuckles)
Well, TRUST God has a purpose in EVERY TRIAL he puts us thru.  You will grow stronger as you face advances in physical
therapy.  Be sure to make a BIG DEAL over every improvement God allows!  ie: wiggling your little finger for first time.

Linny

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 06:03:21 PM »

Great news Kathy!  ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.