bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For the Race Car enthusiasts  (Read 3986 times)

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
For the Race Car enthusiasts
« on: January 30, 2011, 01:09:34 AM »

I leaned a thing or two today about hard core, get r done, serious fun race cars today!

Ever heard of the BSA Pinewood Derby Race?

Me ether till a year ago. Well long story short, lol, my 7 year old son is a Cub Scott. Wolf this year and well, if your in the Cub Scott's your gonna be invited to the Pinewood Derby Race. You have to build your car within a the BSA guidelines and it is inspected and weighed in before the race to insure that you are within the rules and regs. After you officially sign in you no longer get to see or touch your car until after the heats/races are over.

I never would have imagined just how serious this all really is. The completion is tough. Parents/Dads/Moms, some of them really are deeply involved with the whole car building and modifying aspect of it all and well, after today, I'm in, oh yeah, I'm in deep!

This is my first year being physically at the Race and my son's second year in Cub Scott's and the Pinewood Derby. Our first year car was built with not so much enthusiasm but it did okay for a first year car and took 2nd place in our Den. This year's car we put a little more time into it and we had high hopes that it would do well but was let down in that we only managed to squeeze out again, a 2nd in our den. A hard learning experience especially being there to witness it all. I am very glad I was there. I seen first hand the seasoned veterans of the Pack and their experience expressed on the race track. The time they obviously spent on their cars and how serious they took the challenge was invigorating.

2nd in the Den just doesn't cut it for my son or me. We have decided, he he, that more research and time is needed (and money) :) to ensure a better shot at Pack Champion! I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to next years race! 

I am sure there is a spiritual lesson some where in all of this.  ;D Just sharing with you all a great day's experience in hard core racing!
Stacey

Deborah-Leigh

Re: For the Race Car enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 07:41:51 AM »

I am sure there is a spiritual lesson some where in all of this.  ;D

For SURE there's a "spiritual lesson" in this parable of the race, the preparation, the love and energy, investment and hope contained!

It is a beautiful picture you paint. I can feel the excitement of seeing your son compete. It is adrenalin pumping, heart stopping, acid testing of our spirit, aspirations, love, heart and emotions in the game of life!

Thanks for sharing! I felt like I was at the race!!

Arc

Nan

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 10:34:22 AM »

Stacy, my grandson is in the pinewood derby each year with his pack. It's a lot of fun. My husband built him a shelf for his trophies.

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 03:54:05 PM »

Hey John, lol, you know for sure it was God that caused that block of wood to win! That's just cool, I bet there were some gapping mouths wondering just how that was possible.

Arc, glad you enjoyed it cause we certainly did! Watching those cars roar down the slopped part of the track and into the flat straight away of it to the finish line was very exciting. Some of the heats were so close that it is no wonder why they have a digital clock to capture the ST ND RD and Th places.There were so many different kinds and colors and shapes that some didn't even resemble a car at all.

Nan, a trophy shelf huh, that's nice. Hope your grandson sticks with the BSA and fills up that shelf. I think it's great for the kids, ummmm, and the Parents
Stacey
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.