bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marvel not, my brethren, if you are hated.  (Read 5125 times)

nbogosian

Marvel not, my brethren, if you are hated.
« on: July 07, 2006, 01:48:28 AM »

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share something that was on my heart:

I've been slowly learning and finding understanding in new Truths of Scripture pretty rapidly in the past six months.  God brought me to a great consciousness of my sin and humbled me very much and I am eternally grateful for that.  I have believed (or started pursuing the conviction in my heart) in universal salvation for about two years.  But God made me Fall before He could really show me deeper Truths.  Anyway, here's my main subject:  I WISH I WERE HATED MORE!  Is that irrational?  I feel that if I am not being hated, then something's not right.  I know that this shouldn't steal my focus.  The main reactions I get are a feeling of disrespect from others - when they become aware of my beliefs, I know that I sink a little lower in their opinion.  But I have not been rejected by my family that knows the changes that are taking place in my life.  I know they don't take THAT PART of me seriously,they're just being NICE. 

Anything you could share?  Will we be hated for our love?  our Christ-likeness?  our doctrines?  all of that?

P.S.  I went to a real church today that teaches the Truths of God (and bibletruths.com)!  How Awesome!!! 

MG

Re: Marvel not, my brethren, if you are hated.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 05:37:50 AM »

These are the scriptures that came to mind. Jesus is the truth and it is Jesus that the world hates.

John 3:30 (King James Version)
He must increase, but I must decrease.

John 3:19-20 (King James Version)

19And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

John 8:31-59 (King James Version)

31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

48Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?

49Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

52Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.

53Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?

54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

55Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.

56Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

57Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

59Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 7:7 (King James Version)

7The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

John 15:17-19 (King James Version)

17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

18If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

John 17:13-15 (King James Version)

13And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

mongoose

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 11:55:35 AM »

nbogosian,
  I agree with what MG says but would like to add a strong word of caution.  I don't think it's necessarily irrational to want to be hated more but would challenge you to ask yourself why you want this.  I have felt this way from time to time and it has always stemmed from wanting some "proof" that I am His.  You hear all the time, if you are His you will be hated and persecuted right?  But could this perhaps become another idol of the heart?  You are His and He will perfect you in His time.  No proof of this is needed beyond His Word.  It is okay for you to be as you are.  You are exactly as you are meant to be right now and God has it all worked out.  If and when you are meant to be hated for your beliefs, you will be.  But I think it is a dangerous thing in some ways because it can easily morph into wanting to be hated as a way to prove to yourself that you're in the "in" crowd.  I think that some Christians go out of their way to pick fights and cause disension so that people will be angry at them and perhaps hate them, all so they can say to themselves....ah, see, they hate me, I must be a real Christian.  But, I wonder if perhaps by showing love to others, perhaps you will be loved in return sometimes.  If you are loved, does that mean you aren't God's?  I for one, do not think so and one of the smaller epistles in the New Testament comments on this in one verse. I can't find the scriptural reference right now but will try to and get back to you with it.  Keep in mind that Jesus said His disciples could be recognized by their love for one another.  You will find your share of heartache and pain in this world.  We are to love one another and seek Him, not the hatred of others.  Be at peace.  Whether you are loved or hated or laughed at or celebrated, you are His and nothing will ever change that.  I hope this helps you in some small way.

mongoose

SandyFla

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:42:53 PM »

P.S.  I went to a real church today that teaches the Truths of God (and bibletruths.com)!  How Awesome!!!

What church is that? Just curious ...

mongoose

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 07:33:59 PM »

Found it.  Not a good translation and perhaps not the greatest application but

"Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good?  But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed."

1 Peter 3:13-14.

nbogosian

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 11:55:59 AM »

thanks Mongoose.  Your words do help me and made me realize some things.  SandyFla, the church is "Resurrection Life Fellowship" in Houston, Texas
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.