bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus, me and our cat.  (Read 7031 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Jesus, me and our cat.
« on: January 31, 2011, 03:55:16 AM »

The gentle love of Christ contrasts the violence of the carnal realms of violence and destruction.

His Spirit speaks to me through manifold sources of comfort and calmness.

We were attacked early Saturday morning.  A gang of thieves that has been breaking into our neighbor’s house came to ours. One member had escaped the police, and the neighbor’s friend armed with baton and gun, yet still he decided to come to our house anyway and try to break in.

My husband had gone next door and whilst there, the thief came to our home. Our wolf was wise and held his distance whilst barking to warn me. I caught the thief hanging in the window, probably trying to force away the burglar bars.

God saw to it that no one was harmed and the guy was caught eventually but only after I had screamed my lungs out hoping my husband next door would hear me. He didn’t!
The cell phone charge was off and in the minutes it took to get the phone up to one bar, I could make a frantic call and say “They’re here!”
From looking outside, as a spectator that you are, who are reading this, it might appear comical.

My six foot tall 14 year old son, armed with his pellet gun, and me in pajamas outside on the lawn, with the gardener at the top end of the garden looking on to see what was going on. The chap picked up some really heavy rocks and began throwing them at us. One hit the car and the bumper has to be replaced. The neighbor did not get off so lightly. Their cars were trashed under the heavy blows of bricks smashing the windows and doors. They have no insurance. Who does?

We do. We all have the insurance of one prayer prayed by our Lord, who, in writing, so it is legally binding, it is a contract that’s iron clad, that we, his children be protected against evil.

We were protected. My lungs and emotions were shot.

We were protected. The guy was caught by the gardener who was directed to chase him by my husband who arrived with the neighbor and the police and two other men who’d come after they heard our neighbor shots from his gun, in the early hours of the morning.

Is that what got the whole thing going? Nope.

I told my husband that the only Power that is standing between us and evil is God. At our peril we decide that our burglar bars are our protection, or that the police can help us, or any other inane thing we decide to attach our sense of security upon. God can take that away and show us, He rules all the affairs of all men, even the fate of the thief.

What we would have done, like storm the fellow at the window to cut his hands or take out his eyes or even kill him, I thank God, we did not do! God stopped us and caused him to come to us in the first place to show us that we rob God of His due regard and reverence when we take from Him, His due, to put into man, our safety and peace of mind, soul and body.

This morning our beautiful, Timber Wolfs eyes are swollen up so badly he cannot shut them. I have no clue what happened last night to him. Was his eyes sprayed by one of the gang returning, was it that or some other speculation and assumption.

Ray tells us to guard against such errors to temptation, by clothing ourselves with such nonsense. We simply don’t know. What I do know is God is calling all the shots. If we depend on our dogs or our guns or our anything, above God....well....God will show us who is the Boss and I pray with all my heart and mind and soul, that He doesn’t show this after I make a right royal fool of myself trying to save my life.

It’s not at my expense that you learn anything from this experience. If you do, it is to your blessing and for me, please, if you do, just go down on your knees and thank God.
Oh, I started this Thread by telling you about the gentle love of Christ that is by contrast. How little space I have given to uphold this truth that Christ is everywhere, anywhere, all the time any time! Well, how do I know that?

We have a little black cat. She came up to me, purred and is still now sitting on my toe as I write this to you, dear souls, where ever you may be, in whatever state, circumstance or situation. The soft kindness of my cat, is by design and appointment of our God, to touch me and my feelings, with His Presence, ever Present. 
The thief, is going where he is going, also by appointment to our God who shall also be keeping him in training to learn the differences between good and evil.

Can you blame me if I see and appreciate the Spirit of God working through my little cat, to bring me a sense of peace and comfort? Do you blame me? Oh, she sat curled up on the embroidered white cushions that had fallen on the floor, through the entire episode. She had the right state of mind! There but for the Grace, and Love, and Peace of our God.

Love
Deborah

Stacey

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Jesus, me and our cat.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 11:31:25 AM »

Glad you and your family were not harmed through that ordeal Arc. Don't blame you a bit.
Stacey

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »

Thanks Stacey ~

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 02:14:54 PM »

Hi Deb,

I'm also happy to hear you and your family were not harmed during this ordeal.  Not only were you protected from the intruder, you were blessed with the awareness to appreciate the calm after the chaos. :)

René

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:31:42 PM »

Thanks for that Rene. ~

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 03:42:37 PM »

Thank you sweet Janine ~

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 09:40:27 PM »

Dear Deborah:

The sovereignty of God is such a deep subject. "Here a little, there a little ".

I'm glad you are okay  :)   God Bless...

Dean

Oatmeal

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 03:06:55 AM »

Thank you for your testimony Arcturus.  How is your wolf now?  Has he recovered?  I am not going to know unless I ask.
From Micah 7:9:  By the grace and call of Yahweh I will bear the trials of the narrow way, because I have no love, until He fully shows me my sin and I am judged by Him.  He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall see His righteousness.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 04:19:38 AM »

I am glad you are glad I'm okay, Dean. It helps. ~

Oatmeal, Lupo AKA Gazing Shadow is fine now, thank you. ~

lostANDfound

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 10:29:57 AM »

"the only Power that is standing between us and evil is God. At our peril we decide that our burglar bars are our protection, or that the police can help us, or any other inane thing we decide to attach our sense of security upon. God can take that away and show us, He rules all the affairs of all men, even the fate of the thief." -arc
(i don't know how to do the box around the quote thing yet)

i would love for that thought to enter my mind next time i'm in a crisis. 

and there would be a very big hole in this forum if anything happened to you arc, so glad you and your family were protected.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 10:54:44 AM »

Thanks to you lostANDfound ~

Phil3:10

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 03:23:54 PM »

Arcturus,
I am so very thankful that you and your family were not hurt. You are so very right that only GOD stands between each of us and protects us in such a wonderful way. The comfort you get from your dog and cat is all of GOD as is everything.
I do pray that your homeland will become a safer place and that GOD will provide you and all your family the divine protection that you need.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

iris

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 03:44:18 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

I'm glad you and your family were not harmed.
I have a black cat also, except she's not little...
but she's a sweety.

Blessings,
Iris

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 03:50:11 PM »

Your prayers are with heartfelt gratitude, received. Thank you Phil3:10 ~

Iris, it is always lovely to see you. My cat too, is not little. She is full grown, physically. In my heart she is little, next to my huge affections for her. ~

GaryK

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 03:58:27 PM »

Arcturus, I'm glad God kept you and yours from harm's way and are safe.   I know it must have been terrifying.

gk

Nan

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2011, 05:44:06 PM »

Oh my, Deborah. Blessings

cjwood

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2011, 08:58:15 PM »

i read your thread last night deborah, and was mentally picturing the entire situation.  i had a situation once where i was face to face with a very large man trying to break into my home many years ago.  my first and only reaction was to yell at him to go away and never come back again.  my voice must have been larger than i knew because he ran off like a scared bunny.  i also ran after a man who walked into the veterinarian's office i worked at and stole the cash we had in our drawer.  he was apprehended and i got a scolding by the police officer for chasing a criminal.  i must work on this.  i seem to have a momma bear instinct where no one is going to invade my territory. 

anyway debs, i am thankful to our Father God for your and your family's continual protection.  i prayed last night also for your wolf dog, and your kitty to stay safe.  i thank our LORD for the opportunity for you to draw closer to Him.

stand strong in the faith He has gifted you. (i must continue to remember this personally)

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 02:04:56 AM »

gk, Nan & claudia ~ Thank you for you kind feelings, thoughts and prayres for my continued safety and security. It is much appreciated.

grapehound

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 12:34:06 PM »

Awesome testimony and witness, S of F.
I join in the wrapping of the blanket of prayers.

Grapehound of Three Wolves.

Samson

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 12:44:56 PM »

Dear Deborah,

Sorry that You and Your Family had to endure such suffering, but glad that God made a way out for You and Yours. Although, most of Us at BT are aware that God has given the Sons of Mankind " An Experience of Evil." Eccl. 1:13, none of Us experience the same Evil and to the same degree. I finally have the ESword feature hooked up again, after two years of it not working and no wonder there's so much confusion on translation. The Concordant Literal translates Eccl. 1:13 properly, but noticed Translations of the King James Version Family and it's Daughters translate the Hebrew Ra as "Sore" instead of Evil and the Hebrew Word Aw Naw as "Exercise" instead of Humble. In the ESword feature, a little box appears showing definitions of these words. Boy, I'm going to enjoy this ESword, won't have to look everything up the Old fashioned way, all the time anymore.

Sorry Deborah for changing the subject and going on and on. This Thread is about You and Your Experience of Evil. Apparently, God's Spirit was working in You and with You. You mentioned the Carnal weapons at your disposal(Guns, Dogs, Window Bars, Fists, Nails, etc), yet You didn't return Evil for Evil.

I can't identify with this particular type of an experience of Evil, ie- House invaded, almost robbed, threatened with physical violence from the Thieves, etc. I'm certainly not glad that this happened to You, but glad You shared Your experience of Evil to share with us, hoping we can learn from Your experience, at least on some level. I tried to have a mental picture of this scenario, like Claudia mentions, so as to gain some measure of visual comprehension.

You mentioned the Timber wolf ! Is that a literal wolf Pet or the name or reference of a Dog you have as a Pet.

I Leave You with these Verses: Php 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Rom 12:12  Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Rom 12:17  Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
Rom 12:18  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Rom 12:19  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Rom 12:20  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
Rom 12:21  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

It seems by the events You described in Your initial Post, that God Cause You to accomplish the above(Romans. 12:17-21).

Glad Your Okay, Agapeo, Samson.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.