bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the long road of fibromyalgia  (Read 5865 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
the long road of fibromyalgia
« on: February 01, 2011, 08:43:05 PM »

my dear forum family.  i don't recall ever asking for prayer for myself, but it is time.  i have lived with fibromyalgia for 10 yrs and it is so frustrating.  i went to pain clinics for several years and was given just about every pain med they had in their arsenal, even to the point of becoming so dependent on the major opiates that it tore my life apart.  i walked away from the pain clinics to seek something else where i could be more mentally present.  2 1/2 yrs. ago i was directed to a naturopathic chiropractor, and she has done amazing work on and with me.  i had been making progress but have lately (last 2 wks.) started to feel the power of the fibromyalgia taking hold again.  i have not had enough energy to even drive to see my chiro for a few weeks.  i have tried the '5 hour energy' drink and it helps a little, but i still was able to fall asleep after a few hours.   ???.  i take lyrica, and it helps me to some degree, but nothing like the ads on t.v. proclaim.  perhaps a higher dose of lyrica will help the fibro, but, my regular m.d. has told me that he doesn't prescribe higher than the minimal dose i currently take, because he would prefer to refer me to a pain clinic for handling the chronic fibromyalgia snydrome. no thanks. been there, done that.  :(  so, here i sit at my laptop typing away to ask for your help through prayer.  i only take one pain med, which is not an opiate, per se, but if i run out of it, i am back to square one all over again.   :(

i loathe the fibro, but i believe it is part of my "blows, inordinately" which paul spoke of.  i know my fibro is a walk in the park compared to paul the apostle, and all that he endured.  therein is my comfort i am sure, that it is available to endure my trial.  but sometimes, that endurance seems so far, far away.

i love each of you with the Absolute Love of Jesus Christ.
claudia
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:15:05 AM by cjwood »

Kat

Re: the long road of fibromyalgia
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 08:48:31 PM »

Claudia my dear sister, you have my prayers.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ninny

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 08:53:26 PM »

Claudia...It's so hard to know you're in pain so much..nothing test us like pain..I don't know what to say other than I'll be praying for you..you have prayed for me so many times and I can return the love and the favor by praying for you! I wish I had known earlier..I'd have prayed all along! you know how to call on me anytime you need me...
Love you with a great big love!
Kathy :-*

lauriellen

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »

so sorry you are going thru this.... i pray for relief, strength & comfort for you.

iris

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 10:50:45 PM »

Hi Claudia,

My prayers are with you.

Blessings,
Iris

walt123

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 01:49:02 AM »

Hi,Cjwood

I was wondering if you looked into essential oils?
Here is some information about it,personally i use the cold air diffuser,which creates a microfine
mist that suspends oil particles in the air,which in turn you breath,but there are other ways to
use  the oils.
the web sight that i found to best ,in price and information is,

www.anandaapothecary.com

I hope that my be helpful.

Walt.

AromatherapyFibromyalgia syndrome is a very difficult illness to have to deal with. Because fibromyalgia causes so many different symptoms, ranging from chronic headaches to muscle pain, it can be hard to find a treatment that works for them all. And many medical treatments cause side effects that can sometimes be worse than the fibromyalgia symptoms themselves. As a result, more and more fibromyalgia patients are looking towards alternative treatments to help reduce their symptoms. Aromatherapy promises to help fibromyalgia sufferers decrease their pain, while improving their mood and outlook on life.

What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy refers to the practice of using scents to treat various psychological and physiological problems. It involves inhaling or applying essential oils, which have been extracted from plants, seeds, bark, and flowers. There are over 150 different essential oils, which can be used alone or in combination with each other, to help treat different illnesses and disorders.

The French chemist, René-Maurice Gattefosse, who witnessed the healing properties of these essential oils in the 1930s, first introduced the term aromatherapy. However, aromatherapy has been in use for centuries, and was practiced in Ancient Egypt, China and India.

How Does Aromatherapy Work?
Aromatherapy is believed to work by stimulating our sense of smell. Humans are capable of detecting over 10,000 different scents, and every scent causes our body to respond in a slightly different way. When we inhale scents, 15% of this inhaled air goes straight to our brain. It specifically affects the limbic system in our brain, which is responsible for controlling mood and emotions. Once activated by the scent, the limbic system releases hormones, causing us to experience a certain mood or emotion.

How are Aromatherapy Essential Oils Used?
There are over 150 aromatherapy oils. Certain scents are purported to help certain conditions. These oils can be:

•inhaled directly from the bottle
•applied to the skin
•added to a bath
•dispersed around the room with an aromatherapy candle or aromatherapy oil burner

When applied directly to the skin, essential oils must be combined with a carrier oil, such as grapeseed or sweet almond oil. This is because essential oils are very strong, and have the potential to aggravate or burn the skin. Essential oils should never be taken internally or applied to the eyes.

What Conditions Can Aromatherapy Treat?
Aromatherapy is purported to be able to treat a wide range of physical and emotional disorders, including:

•anxiety
•depression
•arthritis
•muscle pain
•digestive disorders
•menstrual disorders
•fatigue

Can Aromatherapy Help Treat Fibromyalgia?
Aromatherapy is becoming more and more popular amongst fibromyalgia sufferers. This is because of the effects that aromatherapy appears to have on pain sensation and mood.

In a recent study performed by Serge Marchand, a neuroscientist for the American Pain Society, the effectiveness of aromatherapy in reducing pain and improving mood was tested. The study involved 40 participants, both male and female, who were first asked to rate their mood and pain levels after inhaling ten different scents. The participants were then asked to dip their hands in hot water for three minutes. Every fifteen seconds, the participants were asked to inhale a smell and rate their pain levels and mood. The results showed a correlation between pleasant scents and increased mood levels in both male and female patients. Female patients also showed decreased pain scores when inhaling a pleasant scent.

Aromatherapy also seems to offer fibromyalgia patients:

•improved circulation
•increased pain tolerance
•improved mood
•sense of rejuvenation

Aromatherapy Oils for Fibromyalgia
Certain aromatherapy oils are specifically recommended for fibromyalgia sufferers. If you have fibromyalgia, you may want to experiment with:

•lavender, chamomile, or jasmine (to help you relax)
•lemon, grapefruit, or geranium (to help increase your energy)
•black pepper, eucalyptus, peppermint, or juniper (to ease sore joints and muscles)

Samson

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »

Sorry Claudia,

Didn't know you suffered from Fibromyalgia will certainly Pray for You. It looks like Walt gave You some good and helpful information for Your consideration. My previous Wife Laureen who died of failed Liver complications back on 01/01/05 claimed to have Fibromyalgia. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia are closely related with similar Symptoms.

You probably have already explored the various Theories and methods that a currently available. Up until 10-15 years ago, the Medical Community didn't know too much about it. My Friend, John Popovich doesn't Post, but I'll ask Him if He has a suggestion to aid you. He is very knowledgeable about Alternative approaches, as is Walt.

Thinking About You, Samson.

EKnight

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 12:19:53 PM »

Oh dear Claudia I had no idea you were suffering.  I will certainly keep you in my prayers.  You have been such a prayerful member here and you deserve our prayers in return. 

Love,
Eileen

GaryK

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »

Thoughts and prayers here Claudia.

May God bless you.

gk

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 12:32:11 PM »

Hi Claudia,

You are always in my heart and in my prayers.

René

Nan

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »

I will add you to my prayers, Claudia.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 02:41:31 PM »

Claudia!

I am SO glad your silence has been broken AT LAST ~ that your blessed voice can be heard in our hearts, testifying your love for God, in your request for our prayers to accompany the many of your own prayers and earnest petitions. As surely as you have spoken, so too is His faithfulness, that can not and shall not fail or falter.

May His Peace and Love comfort and console you as it does us in our appreciation for and of you.

Love
Deborah

Samson

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 09:58:04 PM »

Dear Claudia,

I spoke with John Popovich and He gave me the following information in the hope it may be useful to You.

Locate in Houston, Texas, simplyhealingclinic.com Dr. Aleksander Strange, Tel. # 713-660-1420.

They "Claim" 75% improvement in Three Months and 90-100% in Six Months.

Help This Helps, Samson(In behalf of John Popovich).

judith collier

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 03:03:13 AM »

Dear Claudia,  I will pray for God to show you what is best for you and that it will work and alleviate your pain. Constant pain will drain the life out of you and rob you of joy. I will continue to remember you in prayer. I do understand, believe me. You wake up in the morning feeling like you ran 10 miles already and must have lifted weights in the middle of the night!
love, judy
ps I finally gave in and found n-saids and a tranquilizer helps but that is me.

cjwood

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 12:52:34 AM »

i have been out of pocket the last couple of days (sitting in one chair by the fire, gathering and tabulating tax receipts), and had not re-read my post, or all of your healing words which i read as if reading my true prescriptions. a caring love that is true of the One Love.  your voices, as close as if you are sitting beside me.  :)  i have been in comfy, hang around the house clothes for the past few days, and this time it was for a legitimate reason.  ;D  too cold to open the front door.  (faces north).  even down here in central texas.  

walt, thank you bunches for all of your heart felt work you did on my behalf.  my chiro is a big advocate of essential oils and their healing properties.  however, i personally wasn't aware of the more specific oils for fibromyalgia.  i will speak to her about those.   :)  

samson and john popov, you men have been a blessing to me many times, without you knowing it.  ;)  i will explore the website more further.  i know that this 'syndrome' as they call it, is real.  many things attribute to it daily.  

judy, i know that you too suffer with chronic pain and other debilitating robbers of your energy, health, and even your very life.  but, as years go by i am coming to the place in my life where i am beginning to understand how EVERYTHING we ALL endure is the SAME.  it just comes to each of us, and affects each of us, as common yet individually different; just as the snowflakes which i watched fall at 2a.m./ cst in my backyard.  and, even watching as each flake fell in a different spot depending on many factors, and then noticing as they all ended up bonded together in their likeness.  it all made me smile really big, and look into the night sky and say thank you to our Father.

and thank you to each of you.  those i have named, and those i have not.  

claudia

p.s.  i also wanted to mention our very own manuela.  ray's dear wife.  she too suffers daily with severe chronic pain and other hard illness.  and on top of her own needs, she continually looks after ray.  and she does it all well.  but, i know it is a hard road for her also.  please keep her in your prayers.  she is much needed.  
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:29:17 AM by cjwood »

judith collier

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 02:35:34 AM »

Claudia, that was beautiful. Sometimes just breaking down and crying relieves the stress of it all  and whatever you do KEEP MOVING! Knowing what you can handle in a day and writing it down, then crossing it off makes you feel like you are still useful. Somedays just calling friends or writing them a note or go for short stroll alone is like a vacation. It shouldn't be difficult for you to find the beautiful in life and treasure the moments. The snowflakes told me that!
love, judy

octoberose

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 07:47:51 PM »

I have had migraines for a number of years now and there's one aspect of them I am grateful for. Without them I would not really understand pain and I would have thought (I would not have said it out loud but I would have thought it) that people just needed to try harder and get over it. I know better now. There are days I can't possibly move and keep anything down.  So now, in my small way, I get it and even in the middle of feeling awful God brings to my mind other people who suffer and I can pray for all of you with greater understanding.
 My husband has osteoarthritis and has been in a lot of pain every day. Recently we bought a BioMat (really, I don't mean to do a commercial here but when something works you have to say so) that works with heat and something called far infrared.  He sleeps on it every night and he says he feels much, much better. He can even go just about without pain for part of the day now and that never happened before It's pricey, but it's keeping him off dugs ( he didn't really take anything but over the counter meeds but he said he could see how people could fall off the deep end and take prescription pain killers and never get well). I just wanted to share that with everyone. I had thought about sending the link about it to Ray but I'm thinking he's heard of every possible remedy and has good medical care but then again, it may be something that's comforting.
 I pray that God breathes refreshment into your body and spirit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.