bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1Corinthians 5:5 ( Do we have individual spirits)  (Read 4562 times)

wisdom

1Corinthians 5:5 ( Do we have individual spirits)
« on: February 01, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »

I was sharing with a friend of mine that when we die we are dead( or sleep as Jesus refers to it) and without consciousness until the resurrection. She is one who believes that we are immortal beings and believes although our physical bodies die our individual spirit lives on. She uses 1Cor.5:5 to prove her point.She kinda caught me off guard because i believe that we all share the same spirit. Do we have individual spirits? I'm a little confused can someone please  help, thanks.

mharrell08

daywalker

Re: 1Corinthians 5:5 ( Do we have individual spirits)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 04:55:37 PM »

I was sharing with a friend of mine that when we die we are dead( or sleep as Jesus refers to it) and without consciousness until the resurrection. She is one who believes that we are immortal beings and believes although our physical bodies die our individual spirit lives on. She uses 1Cor.5:5 to prove her point.She kinda caught me off guard because i believe that we all share the same spirit. Do we have individual spirits? I'm a little confused can someone please  help, thanks.

1 Cor 5:5 to give up such a one to Satan for the extermination of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

I don't see how this verse can be used to support 'immortal' spirits? In the Day of the Lord when the resurrection to judgment takes place, that's when many 'spirits' will be chastened of the Lord...

God plainly told Adam (in Genesis) for dust you are, and to dust you return. Clear. Simple. So easy a caveman could understand  ;D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.