bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The passing of a friend  (Read 3158 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
The passing of a friend
« on: February 04, 2011, 06:38:50 PM »

From Ray:

Dear Readers and Forum Members:

I started to write to you yesterday, but will change my message due to some news that I just received within the last couple of hours.

Some of you probably know, and/or remember, a friend of mine that has attended our Bible Conferences here in Mobile, and some in Nashville, by the name of Robert (Bob) Carisle.

I just received word today that he died yesterday while on a visit to the Veterans Hospital in Biloxi, Miss.  I have been close friends with Bob for a long time.  I met him about 35 years ago when we were both members of the Worldwide Church of God.

Since I moved back to Mobile, Alabama several years ago, we have had lunch together once a week at "Judy's Place" just up the street.  As my diet it rather restricted, I usually have grilled chicken over a bed of greens.  Not to make me feel bad, Bob had the same rather than the steak we was tempted to have.  Anyway, we had a nice lunch together.  And as always, we spent the greater part of our lunch together discussing God and His Word.  I told his son that every time we would part, his dad would tell me to be sure to call him if there was anything that he could do for me, and that he loved me.  Every week without fail, he would tell me this, and I in return would tell him that I also loved him.  It will be hard accepting that my luncheon buddy is gone for now.  

Bob was one of four friends in this area which were with me in the Worldwide Church of God. The others being, Dennis Vogel (my webmaster), Harry Cox (my proof readers), and Gordon Wallis (an elder in the  local Worldwide Congregation).  One other friend from the Worldwide that I didn't know back then, is one of our moderator, Kathy Horton.  

Well, I'll close for now and fill you in on some other things at another time.  I thank all of you for your prayers and those who contribute to my cancer expenses.  I am extremely grateful for your love and concern!  I pray for all of you daily.

God be with you,

Ray
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:41:43 PM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.