bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam and Adam's love for Eve  (Read 10374 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Adam and Adam's love for Eve
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 11:30:10 PM »

Yes, they were carnal and carnally minded, just like us.  So much like us, that if we had been in the garden and been through what they had been through, we would have done the same thing.

Whether Adam's love for Eve can be described as something wonderful depends on whether one is talking about the absolute or the relative, the Perfect or 'the best we can do'.  There are a LOT of things I've experienced in my life that could be described as 'wonderful'...whether it be a great meal, a great film, a great time, a great piece of music.  Of course, I know that compared to the ultimate Glory of GOd, they pale.  But I'm not in the ultimate Glory of God.  I'm just meat, walking through my life with training wheels, so to speak.  I'm learning to judge good, better, best...just as I'm learning to judge bad, worse, worst.  It's all just wood, hay, and stubble...though we might can agree which of those three makes better houses or burns more easily.

Why should we have to speak of human love wiht qualifiers?  Would you tell your spouse (or your kids, for crying out loud), "Honey, I love you...but please let us both understand that my love is carnal, earthly, selfish and worthless.  I judge any feelings you may have for me in the same pure light and reject them as unfit."?  I don't think so, and I would hope that's not the content of your deepest, most secret heart. 

I hope that helps a little.  If so, that would be wonderful.   :)

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.