bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another neat email  (Read 4638 times)

bob

Another neat email
« on: February 08, 2011, 05:29:10 PM »

Another email worth a listen

Never could understand all the references on Billy Joel's song.  Fortunately, with this video, given the picture(s), we now can "see" what our "ears" couldn't hear. 
Apparently, it's Joel's homage to the 40-years of historical headlines since his birth (1949).  Wish we could have appreciated the depths of this song when it was released.  Twenty years later, it's amazing what Joel was able to put into music and lyrics lasting only a few minutes.
Whether you are a Billy Joel fan or not, you probably remember his great song, 'We Didn't Start the Fire'.  Here it is, set to pictures.  It's a neat flashback through the past half century.  I never did know all the words.
Turn up volume, sit back and enjoy a review of 50 years of history in  less than 3 minutes! 

http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html

GaryK

Re: Another neat email
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 05:51:17 PM »

Another email worth a listen

Never could understand all the references on Billy Joel's song.  Fortunately, with this video, given the picture(s), we now can "see" what our "ears" couldn't hear. 
Apparently, it's Joel's homage to the 40-years of historical headlines since his birth (1949).  Wish we could have appreciated the depths of this song when it was released.  Twenty years later, it's amazing what Joel was able to put into music and lyrics lasting only a few minutes.
Whether you are a Billy Joel fan or not, you probably remember his great song, 'We Didn't Start the Fire'.  Here it is, set to pictures.  It's a neat flashback through the past half century.  I never did know all the words.
Turn up volume, sit back and enjoy a review of 50 years of history in  less than 3 minutes! 

http://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html

Cool.  What some flashbacks.

gk

judith collier

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 10:11:00 PM »

Bob, that was great, never did know what he was saying before, well, a bit here and there maybe. It reminds me of the word 'passion' we human beings get caught up in if we're lucky!
judy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 03:22:51 AM »

wow bob!  that was too cool.  i loved that song when it first came out, and i too could only pick up a few of the words.  that was a lovely stroll down memory lane.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.