bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Destruction  (Read 4372 times)

Linny

Destruction
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

Hi everyone,
I did this word study a while back and thought I'd share it.

I listen to preachers on occasion on the radio or TV and when they make a statement that I know to be untrue, in my mind I always say, "Scripture please." Well, they LOVE to use the "destruction" Scriptures to justify their belief in hell so I decided to find out just what destruction meant in the original text. Here is what I found. Basically, it will give the meaning of destruction in several passages and then you can read the passage inserting the actual meaning and you will see that they haven't a leg to stand on.
Hope this blesses you as it did me...

Destruction study
Definition: Spiritual loss
Matt 7:13
Enter ye at the straight gate: for wide is the gate and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in therat.
Romans 9:22
What If God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
 Phil 3:19
Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.
2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies , even denying the Lord that bought them , and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 
2 Peter 3:16
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish (to destroy fully), but that all should come to repentance.

Definition:  Complete ruin

Rom. 3:16
Destruction and misery are in their ways:

Definition: Extinction

2 Cor 10:8
For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed.

2  Cor. 13:10
…according to the power which the Lord hath given me to edification, and not to destruction.

Definition: Punishment

I Thes. 5:2-3
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child, and they shall not escape.

I Cor 5:5
To deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
2 Thes. 1:9
(speaking of those who obey not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ…)
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
(Who shall be judged with aonian punishment in the presence of the Lord, and in the glory of his power;)

1Tim. 6:9
But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition (ruin or loss, death).

Blessings, Lin

Roy Coates

Re: Destruction
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:41:15 PM »

Nice post Linny, clear and consice thanks for sharing your study

aqrinc

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 02:17:36 AM »

Linny,

Great word study re: destruction, way to search out a matter.

george ;D.

Linny

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 01:40:12 AM »

Thank you guys. It was very eye-opening for me.

2 Peter 3:16
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish (to destroy fully), but that all should come to repentance.

Isaiah 46:9b,11b
For I am God, and there is none else, I am God, and there is none like me.
Yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass, I have purposed it, I will also do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.