bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Your Logic" email  (Read 6339 times)

EKnight

"Your Logic" email
« on: February 12, 2011, 06:20:09 PM »

Let me first start by stating that I am not one to argue religion but this email to Ray was so ludicrous, that I had to comment.

Here is the first line the writer says:

Dear Ray,

For the next part of this letter, I shall play the role of someone who takes your doctrine as 100% true and carries the thinking out to its entirely logical conclusion.

If you read the rest of the email, I think you would all agree that not one of us who are in agreement with Ray would say anything that this Justin asserts a "follower" of Ray's would say.  Justin clearly misses the mark here and I guess I just wish Ray would have called him out on this point.

I rest my case : )

Eileen

lauriellen

Re: "Your Logic" email
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 07:49:02 PM »

Eileen,
that kind of 'logic' seems incredible to me (thanks to God)...just incredible how one could read the same bible, the same material on this website, and come to such a different conclusion (nothing less than a miracle that so many can be so blind).....and but for the grace of God, that would be me blinded by that same logic.....just underlines for me that we truely live in the spiritual wilderness, surrounded by the deaf, dumb and blind, and but for the grace and mercy of God, all of us would be included. What a MIRACLE to be given sight! what a MIRACLE to be able to read Gods word and BELIEVE! what a MIRACLE to have the 'deep seated hatred' of Gods beautiful plan REMOVED!
How truely BLESSED we are....and how incredibly HUMBLING!
i can't help but wonder what this persons reaction will be when the scales are removed from his eyes and he sees for the first time how retarded his logic has been? :o
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 07:51:53 PM by lauriellen »

lauriellen

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »

just wanted to add this quote from one of Ray's articles: Free Will is an oxymoron.  the article is actually about free will, but this quote really hits the nail on the head of explaining that the 'logic' used by this emailer comes from his REPUGNANCE of Gods truth:

I have something from ‘The Berean Call.’  You know what Berean means, people like to use that word Berean, there are many ministries that have Berean in their name, because… 
“we searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things to be so or not.” (Acts17:11).
The only problem is, they come up with every unscriptural heresy you could imagine.
But from ‘The Bereans call,’ we have this;
“Thus God would be the author of evil (this is in suggestion, that if we didn’t have free will, then this would be the case) and we have the contradiction of God telling them (in the garden, Adam and Eve) not to eat of the tree, causing them to do so, then punishing them for disobeying Him, a thought repugnant to human conscience and logic.”

Well there it is.  How do we ever know we have a free will?  Because if we didn’t, then what God does is repugnant. 
What did they just admit?  They just admitted, without knowing it, that they think that God, His plan, His Word, His truths are repugnant.

Rom 8:7  “because the carnal mind (that’s the natural mind, but do not think that it says the evil mind or the despotic mind or the perverted mind, but carnal and carnal means natural fleshly mind of man) is enmity ( which mean deep seated hatred- hates God)  against God, for it is not subject to the (spiritual) Law of God, neither indeed can it be(made subject):” 
The only way (if you have a carnal mind) that you could become obedient to the spiritual law of God is, it’s got to go.  It’s got to go, because naturally of itself it hates God, it hates His law and it’s not subject to it, and can’t be, it’s not even possible. 
Does anybody in Christendom really believe that scripture?  Of course not.  They will tell you they do, but if you break it down, they don’t believe in it at all.  Not at all, do they believe that.  And we will get into this, as we go through it.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 08:54:39 PM »

Hi Eileen,

When I read that email what came to my mind was that he had not read the BT site, maybe just heard about BT from somebody and glanced over it a little bit. I think he had a very closed mind and had zero interest in what Ray taught. This man was probably totally devoted to the doctrines of the church he went to. So felt the need to ridicule Ray for the affront he felt to his religion.

It may not have been a big deal to him to send that scathing email, but he will give an account one day for every word in it before his Created and the Author of this truth.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

grapehound

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:19:40 AM »

Thanks for that Gem,    lauriellen.

grape

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 10:57:15 AM »

i can't help but wonder what this persons reaction will be when the scales are removed from his eyes and he sees for the first time how retarded his logic has been? :o

He will be ashamed, humbled, repentant, and cry out for forgiveness. :)

Rene

wcd

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:14 AM »

He may have been playing devils advocate to see what Ray or the forum would say.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:37:07 AM by wcd »

cjwood

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 03:26:35 AM »

PS   Good luck on your law suit against God.

amen ray. amen.

claudia

Joel

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »

Ray's statement comes to mind when I read this email.
"Hell has no fury like a Christian just shown the Truth." >:(

cjwood

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 02:20:47 AM »

lauriellen i just wanted to chime in with grape and give you a shout out for your gem of a post, regarding the miracles of God at work within us.

claudia

daywalker

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »

I just read that email.... laughable!!!

As Ray has said, "Hell hath no fury like a Christian who's just been told the truth!"

Daywalker  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.