bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In the day of the great slaughter  (Read 6999 times)

Chris R

In the day of the great slaughter
« on: February 13, 2011, 09:50:26 AM »

I was reading Rays article "In the day of the great slaughter when the towers fall"

I noticed Egypt metnioned many times in this article, and how " Egypt's stength is to "sit still"  or Dragon do nothing
And with all that is happening in the world, I find it interesting that Egypt once again is on the world stage...

" Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your SHAME, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt YOUR HUMILIATION."
[Isa 30 ]

any thoughts on this prophecy?  any who have read Rays article?  I find this article the most prophetic and mysterious of Rays writings, and have read it several times, I know theres something in it i'm still missing.

Peace
Chris R

Deborah-Leigh

Re: In the day of the great slaughter
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »

We are blessed to be living in these times in the places where God has appointed us.

War is not physcial, but spiritual. Egypt has been living on proceeds of crime.

Arc

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:40:20 AM »

Hi Chris,

It is fascinating to watch all of this unfold, how will this play out? I haven't a clue... Will Egypt become a struggling democracy like Iraq or a saber rattling theocracy like Iran, or somewhere in between.

This will certainly impact physical Israel in some manner as well as America...

The Egyptian people had often referred to Mubarak as "Pharaoh" and it was not meant as a compliment, but he did honor the peace treaty between the two countries that was signed in 1979 by Sadat and Begin, both eventual victims of assassination...

Isa.30

[1] Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
[2] That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!
[3] Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.
[4] For his princes were at Zoan, and his ambassadors came to Hanes.
[5] They were all ashamed of a people that could not profit them, nor be an help nor profit, but a shame, and also a reproach.
[6] The burden of the beasts of the south: into the land of trouble and anguish, from whence come the young and old lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches upon the shoulders of young asses, and their treasures upon the bunches of camels, to a people that shall not profit them.
[7] For the Egyptians shall help in vain, and to no purpose: therefore have I cried concerning this, Their strength is to sit still.
[8] Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever:
[9] That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:
[10] Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:
[11] Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.
[12] Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon:

Interesting to say the least...

Joe

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 03:30:39 PM »

I noticed Egypt metnioned many times in this article, and how " Egypt's stength is to "sit still"  or Dragon do nothing
And with all that is happening in the world, I find it interesting that Egypt once again is on the world stage... " Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your SHAME, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt YOUR HUMILIATION."[Isa 30 ]

any thoughts on this prophecy?

As long as we continue to see the things of the Spirit as a literal experience, we then will never be able to understand the Truth of what God is showing us through Scripture. To live, breathe, and seek the things of the Spirit within our hearts and minds while in these earthen vessels is the purpose for our calling,never the literal outward bondage to the world.

Deu 6:12 Then beware lest thou forget the LORD, which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

We all are in Egypt [bondage] while we serve ourselves and not the Spirit of Truth.

Exo 1:13 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serve with rigour:

Exo 1:14 And they made their lives bitter with hard bondage, in morter, and in brick, and in all manner of service in the field: all their service, wherein they made them serve, was with rigour.

Mat 13:38  The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

1Co 3:9  For of God we are fellow-workers, a field of God, and you are a building of God.

Exo 23:9  Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

That land is us,we, who were of the earth, but are now of the heavens.We must come out of her...

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness

And what world?

Mat 24:7  For nation will be moved against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and men will be without food, and the earth will be shaking in different places;

All is of God within those who are given eyes to see and ears to hear.

Rev 1:3  Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Peace...Mark

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »

As long as we continue to see the things of the Spirit as a literal experience, we then will never be able to understand the Truth of what God is showing us through Scripture. To live, breathe, and seek the things of the Spirit within our hearts and minds while in these earthen vessels is the purpose for our calling,never the literal outward bondage to the world.

Hi Mark,

I can appreciate what you are saying and it is true that the spiritual lessons to be gained definitely supersede the natural events of this world, but the physical world is the chalkboard of our Master Teacher.

You kind of confused me with your statement about "never the literal bondage of the world." Who is speaking of being bound by the world here? Being in and observing worldly events does not necessarily constitute being "of the world," does it?

Consider the ministry and crucifixion of our Lord, His physical experience of a profoundly spiritual journey...

Are all the literal, historical events in scripture to be ignored? Are there no (spiritual) lessons to be learned by reading the literal experiences of Moses, Job, Jeremiah, etc.? Should we forget Sodom & Gomorrah, Daniel in Babylon, the destruction of the Temples in Jerusalem?

Another question would be did God stop using the shadow of worldly events to give those "with eyes to see" a type of the spiritual?

I could go on and on about the significance of literal events in scripture, I have no doubt about this as God (who is the ultimate Spirit) is the One who designed the physical world, formulated the kingdoms through the ages, and placed the leaders into their places of leadership.

With all that being said I do not believe that Chris is looking for a worldly explanation of what these recent events in Egypt will produce but rather what are the spiritual lessons to be gained? How is God using these events to speak to us? In a sense many of us can see Israel being dependent on "beastly" nations for her security (Egypt and America primarily) rather than humbly seeking God's favor. Ray pointed out many examples of Israel being a base, secular, even the most ungodly of nations in an ungodly world seeking her own solutions to her problems through the world's merchants and masters rather than the God who will ultimately provide "The Promised Land" of old (but yet to come).

Are there those among us (believers) who seek the presumed security and comfort of the (man made) denominations and feel a false sense of security by being aligned with the church systems instead of the One on one relationship with God? Might this describe, physical, literal Israel, the nation which preserved His Word but did not believe it, or live by it?

Here are some scriptures that came to mind as I was writing this;

1Co 10:1  Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;

1Co 10:2  And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

1Co 10:3  And did all eat the same spiritual meat;

1Co 10:4  And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

1Co 10:5  But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.

1Co 10:6  Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

Joh 13:15  For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Joh 13:16  Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

Joh 13:17  If  ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

Jas 5:10  Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

Last but not least we have Paul telling us about the relationship between the physical and the spiritual and how God is designer of this sequence...

1Co 15:46  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

Peace,

Joe

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:45:13 PM by hillsbororiver »

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 09:09:34 PM »

Im not sure, but I think it's gonna get darker before it get's lighter.

Longhorn

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »

Yeah Longhorn,

I think your instincts are on the money...

Peace,

Joe

G. Driggs

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:06:21 PM »

Just like 9/11 was a turning point for the US, what's happening in Egypt might be a turning point (for the worse) for the Mideast. Didn't Ray say the US was paying Egypt to be nice to Isreal?

Just my thoughts.

G.Driggs

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 02:33:38 AM »

agreed longhorn. agreed.

claudia

Chris R

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 08:29:53 AM »

Hi folks

I certainly did not mean to bring up a political discussion, And yes I believe there is a spiritual
Lesson in Bible prophecy. I found the article to address both physical, and spiritual Egypt.

I think we must understand the physical signs to recognize the spiritual application.
I also believe like Ray, there are several layers to any scriptural prophecy.

With that I would end the thread, This article has important material in it for all of us, Isa 30's prophetic message, "when the towers fall" may have spiritual meaning, but on 09/11/01 the towers did fall!
Remember the verse in Joes response, "Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual".

Peace

Chris R

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 09:53:52 AM »

With that I would end the thread, Peace

Chris R

Per Chris' comments, I will lock this thread.

René
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.