bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Many called and few chosen  (Read 10893 times)

longhorn

Many called and few chosen
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »

I know all of Ray's material is inclusive of The many called, few chosen, but does anyone know where or if Ray has an e-mail or talked about this specifically at one of his confrences?

Longhorn

mharrell08

Re: Many called and few chosen
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:23:23 PM »

I know all of Ray's material is inclusive of The many called, few chosen, but does anyone know where or if Ray has an e-mail or talked about this specifically at one of his confrences?

Longhorn

2008 Foundation Truths bible study (http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6452.0.html)...here's an excerpt:

PRINCIPLE TO ALL THE PARABLES

Now I want to zero in on a principle here that will help us understand a whole lot more than we think we do. But when you get all bogged down with this… so much knowledge and so many pages to learn, you’ve got to come back to this principle. You can grow from there, but come back to this foundation. Because that’s where you are building, you are building on the foundation.

So how many parables must we know in order to know all parables? Christ said in Mark 4.

Mark 4:13  And He said unto them, Know ye not THIS parable? (or do you understand the meaning of this parable, obviously they did not, because they ask Him what does it mean) and how then will ye know all parables?

There is a real key teaching. If you don’t understand this parable, He says how can you understand the rest of them? But on the other hand, if you do understand this parable you can understand the rest of them. You only need to understand one really well and you know them ALL.

How many of these pages are taken up with parables? Maybe not all of these parables, but there is the kingdom too. He said the kingdom of God is like this… It’s like a man who went out and purchased a field, because there was hidden treasure there and then he dug and he found that treasure.

Then the kingdom of God is like a merchant who sold everything he had for that one pearl of great price, like the hope diamond, that really big one you know.

He doesn’t explain that stuff. Does He explain what all of that means every time He says it? No He doesn’t. People think this is all different things. All these aspects, IT’S ALL THE SAME THING! This is a marvelous revelation when I saw this and nobody told me. 

The parables are all talking about the same thing. If you understand that, you should understand that the two in the field and the two women grinding at the mill can not be one and the same person. I mean we are getting into a kind of trinity here. 

So what are the parables all about? Well let’s read the one where He said if you know this one, then you know them all. These are like all encompassing, because they deal with the same thing. Okay up above this in Mark He gives the parable, so lets read it.

Mark 4:2  And He taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in His doctrine,

He said this is "His doctrine" - the religious beliefs or what we call in the church, doctrines. These are the main important things and you can find those in the parables.

Mark 4:3  Listen! Behold, there went out a sower to sow:
v. 4  And it came to pass, as he sowed, some (seeds) fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.
v. 5  And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:
v. 6  But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.
v. 7  And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.
v. 8  And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some a hundred.

So here is the parable. What in the world does it mean? Now I’ve taught that all parables are not all literally true. If they were they would be stories or historical accounts, not parables. A parable in the old English means a near story. A story about something, but it’s not the truth, it’s like a story of something that happened, but it is only near to it. 

So there is something here, but Jesus Christ is not saying that there was a sower out on a farm who took wheat seeds or whatever and went out and sowed it in the ground. The parable is not about that. He’s not talking about a farmer, He’s not talking about seed, He’s not talking about birds, He’s not talking about stones, He’s not talking about any of those things. Then why does He make a parable out of it? Because there is a connection. It’s got to be some kind of connection between the symbol and what it symbolizes or why would you use it in the first place. There has got to be a connection. 

Well now they didn’t understand. Now He is going to explain it, He said because…

Mark 4:11  …Unto YOU it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Well wait a minute we have just learned something all over there again. What are the parables about? The called and the chosen, the many and the few.

Now what did He say there? He just told us that, did you get it or did you just read over it and you missed it? Read it again. How many times have you read that and you missed it. YOU are the few chosen, YOU will understand these things. "Without" I teach in parables, the many hear Me, but THEY don’t get it. 

Mark 4:12  That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand;

So there is your two groups. This is not talking about the same person being split down the middle or something. This is talking about the called and the chosen.

Now He goes on and He says.

Mark 4:13  And He said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
v. 14  The sower sows the word.

Back up in verse 4, He said the sower sows the seed. Now the seed is no longer the seed. Guess what it is? It’s the Word. The sower sows the Word.

Mark 4:15  And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately…

Well that’s not what He said up there, He said the fowl of the air come and devour it. Fowl are always likened to evil spirits or Satan. You read about the birds and the fowls in the book of Revelation. Those are always evil spirits and Satan. The birds represent Satan.

Mark 4:15 …and takes away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Not in the ground… we went from seed in the ground to the Word in your heart.

Mark 4:16  And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
v. 17  And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution arises for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

So you see, this is what this parable is all about.

Mark 4:18  And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
v. 19  And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in (and what happened?), choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.

So it chokes the Word and you can’t produce any fruit. It chokes you, these other things.

v. 20  And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirty fold, some sixty, and some a hundred.

THE PARABLES REPERSENT TWO DIFFERENT GROUPS

You have the many called, they hear the call and some of them accept it and they follow it for a while. They do all these things, but they don’t produce the fruits. They never get rid of the carnal mind and they never produce the fruits that are mentioned in Galatians 6, love, peace, joy, goodness, faithfulness and all these things. Now that explains what all the parables are about.

Haven’t you read the one about the dragnet? You bring in the net, right and those that are without, are those thrown out. The good fish and see we have the good ground. The word going to the good ground and what is the good ground? The good people, you have the good fish, those that you take in the basket and keep. 

Now I’m not going to go through all the parables today, I have another point in mind. But the principle fits here and that’s why I want to start off with the parables. There are about 40 parables in the New Testament. It starts off with the lamp under the bushel/basket, then you have the wise man, the two men in the bed. It doesn’t mean there are just these two, it’s just two categories.

One builds his house upon the rock and the other one builds his house on the sand. This is not the same man, presented by the two men. Now it’s true that we can go from one to the other, but most of the parables present them at the same time. You can’t do it at the same time. There is a transition where you repent and you are converted and you become the new person and you leave the other one behind. The other one does not follow with equal stature from then on. If it does you are not producing fruit and you are not going anywhere.

So there are two different groups throughout the parables. You have the new wine and the old wine skins. the sower that we just went through with the sower. You have the tares and the wheat.

The tares and the wheat are growing together, but they are not the same. Because those that are the tares will be thrown into fire. You can not be gathered into the barn and thrown into the fire at the same time. People will not be in the kingdom of God and in the fire at the same time. There comes a part where you separate these two and that happens at resurrection. Those that enter the kingdom and those that are without and are going to be judged. 

Sometimes a parable will emphasize the Elect, sometimes it puts emphasis on the many. But the opposite is always in view. They talk about the bad, but that doesn’t negate the fact that this is the opposite of those that are good.

We went through the dragnet. There is the lost sheep. You have 100 sheep and the 99 are the many. But the lose one, that’s the one God goes over to. Why? Because Christ said that He came to save that which is lost. 

The two sons, the wicked wine dresser, the wedding feast. You have those that have their garment cleaned for a proper wedding garment and then you have them out in the way, the people who come with dirty clothes, signifying unrighteousness. They can’t come in.

The many and the few, they are through every parable. The wise and the foolish virgins, we’ve talk about that. The growing seed, the absent house holder, the creditor and the two debtors, the good Samaritan. You have those that will come to the rescue, to help somebody. I mean you had the many that went by and the one, the good Samaritan, he’s the one that stopped, he’s the Elect. 

Even the rich fool which emphasizes the negative side. When Christ explains what took place He brings in the Elect side, which he had turned away from. The faithful and the wise servant, the great supper, the lost coin, the lost son, the lost sheep, the rich man and Lazarus. The rich man represents a group and Lazarus represents another group. But anyway you can go through all of the parables and you will see that is true.

I want to show that you don’t have to have that many foundational Truths, if you know how to use the couple that you have.

It’s like if you have just a select number of tools, a hammer, a saw, a screw driver… say you could have 7 tools and you could build a whole house with those tools. You could have only 7 tools and you could come up with 7. Although the average house is built with maybe 100 or more tools at least. Every trade has a bucket full of 30-40-50 tools. But you would need an adjustable wrench, something to cut with maybe like a saw or knife, a hammer, a screw driver… but you could probably come up with 7 tools to build a house

geokuhns

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:44:21 PM »

I just read the following last night from Ray's article "Hell is a Christian Hoax." On my report it is on page 133. What I found interesting was Ray's comment that "Jesus plainly tells us that His Church is composed of two categories of people" - The Called and the Chosen.

Jesus plainly tells us that His Church is composed of two different categories of people. Here are His words:

"So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen"

"For many are called, but few are chosen" (Matt. 22:14 & Matt. 20:16)

It is absurd to suggest that two billion people--one third of the world's population, constitute those whom Jesus addresses as the "FEW chosen." Two billion are MANY, not a few.

Or try this: If two billion Christians represent just the "few chosen" elect of God, then who pray tell represents the "many called" of God who are not chosen? Has God called ("called" is from the Greek meaning: "invited to be a saint") all of the non-Christian nations such as China and Russia to be "saints?" I think not. Well then, just where are we to find additional billions of people whom God has called, but who have not been chosen?

Billions and billions of people down through the centuries never even heard of Jesus Christ, so how could they have been "called" to be saints of Jesus Christ? God's word forces us to go with the facts or we will be among those who "despise the Word of God."

Satan deceives the world (except for the "few chosen ELECT" of God) through his own ministers. The Devil's angels are the Devil's ministers, and they are mortal men, not hideous, animalistic, monsters called demons. The "children of the lady" are the "very elect, few," and Satan the Devil has his "children" as well: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do" (John 8:44).

Duane

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »

I am REALLY starting to understand the "many are called, but few are chosen".  It seems everyone I know professes salvation and a love for God ==but TRY and share what we learn on this web-site with
them and i find "the few are chosen" are the VERY FEW that will even consider opening their ears and hearts to the truth!  FEW THERE ARE!
Just read some of the hateful and hostile remarks directed at Ray by professing believers!     

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »

Since the many are called and few are chosen, The sentence lends itself to a complete lack of self appointment.
There are still many mysteries in our universe, and to date, very few have been solved. So we have a "theory" of many things.

I would reckon Bible mysteries are among the many things we have a theory about.  "chosen from the foundation of the world"? Why are these chosen?  Why not others? Well, God has mercy upon who he has mercy...and then we are told, not to question God in this manner.

OK, I'm good with that, God being the creator of all, must have infinitely more knowledge than myself in the overall picture of things.

But as with all things, there is going to be a cause for this selection, It'll be interesting to see...just what the cause was. I have a feeling these events will be far different than the human mind can imagine at this moment in time..Although someday I believe we will understand these mysteries of God, today isn't that day!

Peace

Chris R

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »

We must not forget that it takes a lot of hard work and study to be what our God commands of His sons and daughters.
Those few chosen must be living the Word of God in these fleshy bodies in order to be one of the few chosen,there is a cause and there is an effect,which is,that old man must die in order for the new man to live,in Christ Jesus.

Deu 8:3  And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Mat 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

That old man must die so the new man [few chosen] can live.

Joh 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

Mat 10:39  He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

1Co 15:31  I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Mat 8:21  And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
Mat 8:22  But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

1Co 15:45  And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47  The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48  As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such [are] they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49  And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
1Co 15:50  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Rom 6:1  What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2  God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4  Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
 Rom 6:5  For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6  Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Col 3:10  And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

Peace...Mark

Revilonivek

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 08:36:12 PM »

Yes, exactly-The goal to become the walking Word of God everywhere we go...that's what God wants.

That Parable in Mark 4 is talking about foundations, meaning we should be more attentive to how well we receive the Word of God and letting it grow.  It depends on what foundation we are. All we can do is pray is that we are a fertile ground, excellent soil for God's word to grow.

Peace.... Denise

Duane

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 01:17:09 AM »

I can't seem to get this out of my mind.  While at the dentist office, getting my "teeth sharpened". I shared this web-site with
th a@@'t, who is a "traditional Christian".   Many people freak out just reading the BOLD topics and go no further.  Some venture
to bring up a topic and read until they hit a "theological snag" and draw a conclusion==and toss it.
I claim, like myself, even hough many concepts were new and CONTRADICTORY to my established learning, I just could NOT stop
reading for 14 traight hours. I couldn't get ENOUGH of the Bible teachings and craved more!  I certainly didn't understnd much of the Scripturally conflicting stuff I was reading--but I couldn't stop!  I. then, started writing to the FORUM to get some basic questions asked and was dirested accordingly.  People who aren't the "few who are chosen" don't possess the burning desire to continue!  Then, they get mad and sound off!  There is just NO WAY to pre-determine WHO will press on and who will quit in disgust.  THAT, I believe is the difference between the "few chosen and the many called".
Could I be onto something?  How could anyone ever feel responsible for the "uncalled many" and their decision to quit this?  I
believe GOD chooses--consistent with the pre-destined will of God in a person.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 06:54:37 AM »

Beautiful analogy Rex282...like

Rev 22:15  For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I couldn't down load your song, yet, I did enjoy reading the lyrics of finding rest and peace ....~  :)

jong

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »

Few chosen....for what purpose? To rule with Jesus in the Millenium?

Shouldn't it be "Many are called but few are chosen, however ALL will be saved"

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 06:53:13 AM »

:D ~ You've got it jong! ~  ;D

Many called few chosen, isn't literal nor maths. Few = 3...LOL... ;D

Many called, few chosen, is the process of a little by little, all are saved!  8)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 02:18:00 AM »

Yes, Rex282, BOTH do miss it! ~ :D

Kind of lines up with finding no faith when He returns, huh! ~ LOL

The link you posted, did not down load from where I am. Maybe others could access it...I don't know?

Morten

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 02:34:24 PM »

So if i should take a short conclusion (this is literally so maybe it will be wrong anyway?).

"then who pray tell represents the "many called" "

Many = Christians?

Chosen= believes in bibletruths.com ( you know what i mean :P) who was chosen ( not always) among the Christians?

From Ray's statement.
"Or try this: If two billion Christians represent just the "few chosen" elect of God, then who pray tell represents the "many called" of God who are not chosen? Has God called ("called" is from the Greek meaning: "invited to be a saint") all of the non-Christian nations such as China and Russia to be "saints?" I think not. Well then, just where are we to find additional billions of people whom God has called, but who have not been chosen?"

I definitely do not feel chosen even i believe every word on this site. But that's because i have old habits that I do not yet want to get rid of., and there is a difference between belief and understanding.

If you wonder, I'm just happy to know the truth ( well, some of it ;D)

Kat

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 12:58:06 AM »

Hi Morten,

Here are a few places that speak about the "Few" and the "many" that should help with your questions.

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html -----------------------------

DEFINING "CHURCH"

Just what is a "church?" Strong’s Greek Dictionary, #1570. ekklesia, a calling out. (1b) Ekklesia, from ek, "out of," and klesis, "a calling…" So the church is those whom God has CALLED OUT to be His "called out ones," hence, Jesus said, "So the last shall be first, and the first shall be last [sorry, don’t have time to explain this unique statement of our Lord]: for many be called, but few chosen." I will take the time to explain this second statement, however.

Notice that the "called" and the "chosen" cannot be the same group, as one is "many" and the other is "few." God has given us a general statement as to whom He has called and whom He has not called. We already know the number of those called is "many." Now we will see the two general classifications of those called:

THE "CALLED" AND THE "NOT CALLED"

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many [some, but not many] wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

But God has chosen the foolish things [many translations do not insert the word "things" in these verses] of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And the base things of the world, and things which are despised, has God chosen, yes, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in His presence" (I Cor. 1:26-29).

So we see that God calls MOSTLY those who are: weak, base, despised, nothings! Are we to believe that God is going to build a SPIRITUAL ARMY of Sons and Daughters by which He will conquer and SAVE THE WORLD?

Hard to believe, isn’t it? I think we can all agree that there is a great deal of work to be done with and to these "nothings of the world" whom God is calling to such a formidable, once-in-an-eternity task!

But of the "many called," we are told, "few are chosen" (Matt. 20:16). Why is that? God has intended it to be such. We are given the parable of the "sower of seed" where much of the seed fell by the side of the tilled soil, and the birds ate it; some had no depth and withered in the sun; still more fell among thorns and were chocked, but some fell upon good soil and produced much fruit. Many seed are sown, but few seed produce good fruit. "Seed" we see everywhere in the Church; "fruit" of God’s spirit is more rare. These few have the added designation of:

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful" (Rev. 17:14).

These are the "very elect" who cannot be deceived any longer by the Great Whore, "Mystery Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots, and the Abominations of the earth."

One more important verse regarding our calling, that I will cite out of the Concordant Literal New Testament because I believe they translate the Greek aorist tense properly, whereas the King James uses the past tense:

"Now we are aware that GOD [it is unfortunate that the King James leaves out "God" even though it is in the manuscripts. Most translations do put "God" in this opening phrase. Things don’t just ‘work’ together without GOD doing the ‘working’] is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are [being] called according to the purpose that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren. Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls [not ‘called’ as all are NOT YET called, it is the aorist tense] also, and whom He calls, these He justifies, also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also" (Rom. 8:28:30).

Now, pay attention: All which God foreknew, He then designates beforehand (He hand-picks them, if you will). And therefore, since He has already designated them beforehand, when they are born in whatever generation God designates; He then calls them. Now it is true that God calls MANY OTHERS whom He has NOT designated to be "conformed to the image of His Son" AT THE TIME that each generation appears in history.

There are many more "called" in each generation than are actually, "chosen" to be conformed to the image of His Son at that time.

All that are not chosen will be in the second resurrection/white throne judgment/lake of fire. These will go the "broad way into destruction" from which they will await judgment at the great white throne. But, those which God foreknows and designates beforehand, He definitely does call, but these designated ones GO ON to be JUSTIFIED AND GLORIFIED. They are not just the "called," but the "called AND CHOSEN" which will go on to glorification in service with Christ, as the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, in the Kingdom of God, to bring the rest of heaven and earth to SALVATION!

When Jesus says that,

"Many will say unto me in that day, Lord, Lord… Then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" (Matt. 722-23),

He is not speaking of a minority but a majority. The "many" NEVER means the minority!

We will see it conclusively proved from God’s Word that the majority in the Church today are going the "broad way," and not the "straight and narrow way." And I am not just preaching to the choir when I say that only a "FEW" will be in the first resurrection and rule and reign with Christ, I am speaking to all the church and to myself as well. I know these aren’t the "soft" words that tickle people’s ears, but what I am telling you is a "hard saying" of the Scripture that is absolutely true. Jesus Christ Himself said that "THE MANY" must "DEPART from Me." Jesus doesn’t "know" the many, in a spiritual relationship, because they are too carnal to be spiritual.

ARE YOU "CALLED AND CHOSEN" OR JUST "CALLED?"

Let me first state that there is an order in the process of being called to Sonship. First you are called, and then you are chosen from among the called. And we have already learned that the "chosen" are also the "few." Quite frankly, not unlike a casting call. Many are called to come to the casting rehearsal, but only a relative few will be chosen for the actual performance. Which are you? I will not be your personal judge, however, as we progress in this series, you will be confronted with dozens of Scriptures by which you can JUDGE YOURSELF by the aid of God’s Spirit.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,9192.0.html -------------------------------

There are many ways to prove that only the "few chosen" out of the "many called," who understand and live the Truths of God.  Since I have twelve hundred and thirty-three unanswered emails ahead of yours also waiting for a reply from me, I will just give you one really good proof.

The seven churches prophesied in Revelation 2 and 3 are the entire Church of God that "is, was, and is to come," down through the centuries.  How many in this entire generational church understand and live the Truths of God?

EPHESIS:  "you have left your first love" (Rev. 2:4).   "you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate" (Verse 6)--that the REST of the entire Church!

SMYRNA:  "the devil shall cast SOME of you [not MOST you] into prison" (Rev. 2:10).

PERGAMOS:  "where SATAN'S seat [throne] is" (Verse 13).  They were filled with Nicolaitanes and had the "doctrine of Balaam" (Verses 114-15).

THYATIRA:  They represented "that woman Jezebel, which calls herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce My servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols" (Verse 20).  "She, [the whole Church] REPENTED NOT" (Verse 21).  "But unto YOU [the FEW] I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as MANY ['not the 'many called,' but "AS many...'] as have NOT this doctrine, and which have NOT known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon YOU [the FEW who know the truth and live it] none other burden" (Verse 24).

SARDIS:  "you have a name that you live, but [you] are dead" (Rev. 3:1).  You have a FEW names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white..." (Verse 4).  How many?  The whole Church?  Most of the Church?  The "historical" Church down through the centuries?  NO--just "a FEW names."

PHILADELPHIA:  "Behold I will make THEM OF THE SYNAGOGUE OF SATAN, which SAY they are [converted, born again, spiritually circumcised] Jew, and ARE NOT..." (Rev. 3:9).  That's the entire Church which say they are "spiritually converted spiritual Jew," but they "ARE NOT," because they lie and have NOT the truth of the "FEW NAMES" in God's Church

LAODICEA:  "You [the many in the Church down through the centuries of the Church age] are neither cold nor hot...So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue you out of My mouth" (Verses 15-16).  "...and you KNOW NOT that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" (Ver. 17).  "AS MANY [not 'THE many,' but "AS many'] as I love, I rebuke and chasten: [God chastens those He has chosen, and if they refuse chastening, as the whole of the Church does, then they are spiritual '********, and NOT SONS,' Heb. 12:5-8]; be zealous therefore, and repent" (Verse 19).

Jesus asked if He would "find faith" on the earth when He returns?  Obviously NOT.  But how could that be, seeing that there are over TWO BILLIONS CHRISTIANS IN THE CHURCH?!

Hope that helps your understanding.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2931.0.html ------------

Dear Kim:
I see that you believe you possess,  "the gifts of wisdom and discernment."  Discern this.................

You state:

"...people like you [that's me] deceiving MANY in these last days."
"...you are not able to lead me astry as you have MANY others."
"...you will be held responsible for the destruction of MANY souls."

You don't know any of that for a fact. You are merely applying these things to me to make yourself feel good.
What are the facts?

[1]  I am not "MANY" but one person. I have a staff of ONE--my Web Master.
[2]  I know of no one who is teaching what I teach on the worldwide web.
[3]  I assure you that not MANY follow my teachings.  MANY read our site, but very very FEW live by it.  There are so few in fact, that if I had a dollar for everyone who has read our site and then turned to God and accepted Jesus as the Saviour of their wretched carnal selves, and began living godly, and righteously, and forsaking the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life....if I had a dollar for every one of them, it would not be enough to pay my utility bills for one month.

Now on the hand, tis true, Jesus did say:  "For MANY shall come in My Name saying I am Christ, and shall deceive MANY"  (Matt. 24:5). Yes somewhere in this world there are "MANY" not just a few or "one" like me, but M-A-N-Y!  Do you understand the difference between "few" and "MANY?"  Jesus said that there would be MANY who would teach the world that Jesus is indeed "THE CHRIST," but in their teaching that Jesus is the Christ, they "...shall deceive MANY."
What evil and vile things do they teach that would deceive SO MANY?  Let Jesus answer, seeing that it was He Who brought it up:

"MANY will say to Me in that day, Lord, Lord [oh yes, they love to call Him 'LORD'--BUT they do NOT WHAT HE SAYS, Luke 6:46], have we not prophesied in Your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done MANY wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them. I NEVER KNEW YOU: depart from Me, ye that work INIQUITY [lawlessness]" (Matt. 7:22-23).

Wow!  Imagine that?  They do all that in the Name of the Lord.  They do MANY WONDERFUL WORKS, but they personally are lawless and filled with iniquity--much like the religious leaders of Jesus's day: lying two-faced hypocrites. Where, Kim, do we find so MANY people teaching that Jesus is the Christ, and yet are DECEIVING MANY?  What great body of believers do such things? Don't lay their sins on my doorstep, Kim, for I am just one, not many, and those who obey God are FEW, not MANY.

There, Kim, are the "many" who deceive the "MANY,"  not the few or the one who has virtually no one believing him.
Am I going to fast for you?  Oh you would love to believe that the "few teaching the few" are really the "MANY deceiving the MANY," but it won't fit, Kim.  You can't make it fit.

Maybe you should reconsider the things that I have written. For there are "MANY called, but FEW chosen."

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,533.0.html ----------------------

God has always witnessed against unbelieving Israel (His Church), as well as witnessng to those He chose to live by faith within the Nation/Church.

Under the New Covenant, this choosing of the faithful involved a more pronounced departure from the main group. Paul witnessed to Gentiles in the Synagogues of the Jews, for example, but when they believed Paul's message concerning Jesus Christ, they left the synagogue and met in private homes of like believers.

The truth is, once one begins to believe God's Word and live by God's Word, he will not need to come out of the Church or leave the Church, the Church will KICK HIM OUT!  I can personally attest to this.

Each generation who reads the book of revelation will see their sins presented--both to the called and the chosen. Of course, the called have always believed that they are the chosen.  It's just God's way to conceal a matter for HIs own ultimate majesty.

Tartaroo is a subject to the next HELL Part C paper.

God be with you,

Ray

onelovedread

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 06:59:24 PM »

Awesome sharing Kat. Wonderful postings of Ray that are timely reminders. You and the other forum members really work hard to contribute edifying posts and I appreciate it.
This is a great subject, Longhorn - no joke.

mharrell08

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »

This follows the all important parable of the sower of the seed into the soil and how it ties into the temple AND the 3 feasts..
Justification =outer court...Passover.....sacrifice made by Yahshua for the WHOLE world
Sanctification=Holy Place...Pentecost(Feast of Weeks)...wilderness journey for those chosen to take up the cross and be crucified in their soul onto salvation
Glorification=Holy of Holies..Feast of Tabernacles....entering the narrow gate through the veil into the FULL presence(communion) with God.Fighting the good fight of faith and crossing of the Jordan River edge to RECEIVE The Promised land(The immortal Spirit  Body)

God has painted the picture in completion to leave NO doubt who the chosen are.In his mercy and grace they can't SEE the wilderness journey until they reach the Jordan.Their left hand(soul nature) didn't know what the right hand(spirit nature) was doing so no man could glory in themselves.Gods plan is something man would never write for themselves.It is completely contrary to our nature (soul) to live by dieing.The death of our soul is the resurrection of our spirit to life.It leaves NO doubt that God is doing the work of our salvation.

Reminder, no teaching allowed on forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.