bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Worry----Be Happy!  (Read 5828 times)

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Don't Worry----Be Happy!
« on: February 16, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »

I don't know if I will be in the 1st Resurrection.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring.  I don't know what more of life's sufferings will come my way.

But I am happy and have a light heart just based upon a few of the Truths taught in the Scriptures.

1) Death is sleep.  There is no pain, suffering or thoughts in death.

2) God will bring all dead people back to life including all our loved ones.

3) God will save, heal, restore all that He brings back to life, everyone, even the mutts, and will wipe away all tears and sorrows.  We will be immortal.  Fun times will be had by all.

4) God is the Almighty God.  He is the loving Father.  He will take care of us in the here and now.  If He takes care of the birds, He will see to our needs since we are of more importance than birds because we are being created in His image and likeness.

I guess I should make a list of seven things (since it is the number of completeness), but I'm a tired old man looking forward to a nights sleep.  Old men don't have much excitement in their lives.  Feel free to add to the list.

I'll leave you tonight with a little ditty that I take comfort in before sleep, especially when I'm in a happy mood:

"Home is the hunter, home from the hills,
 Home is the farmer, home from the fields,
 And the sailor, home, home from the sea."

walt123

Re: Don't Worry----Be Happy!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 03:13:53 AM »

Hi, John and all.

Anyone waits for that Day. :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

Walt.

cjwood

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 04:25:40 AM »

that was an awesome video walt!!!   thank you so much for posting it!  i officiated at my niece's wedding in '04 and that is the exact song they played as they walked out of the venue.  it brings back good memories.   

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 08:09:23 AM »

Love is home in Love's embrace.

Hey walt...I might have enjoyed the video, yet I am not able to download....glad your enjoyed it claudia... :)

Arc

Extol

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:13:34 AM »

John,

Thanks for the great reminder! Sometimes I struggle with worrying about worldly things: school, job, finances, etc. There's a constant battle going on in my mind, telling myself "All is of God" and then the carnal in me worrying about this or that. When I think about the big picture, my worries seem so silly and insignificant, not to mention stupid and selfish.  ::) Knowing that God will bring all dead people back to life (!), I feel pretty idiotic fretting that my paycheck was $30 less than I was anticipating, or that I only got an 85% score on that assignment instead of a 95, or that I don't know what job I will have after college. That's just one more beautiful thing to look forward to: being free from all of that worry.  ;D

Revilonivek

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »

You're right... All is of God..... Praise God.. I think it helps to see the bigger picture than just seeing the smaller picture.. I just wish we knew every detail of God's grand plan, haha. because if we did.. I would feel better, and not so stressed over every little thing.. but God's right.. Its in God's good hands... He knows what he is doing... just have to trust him.

lauriellen

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »

love love love your post John....want to write it accross my sneakers so every time this ol' world makes me hang my head, i will be reading your words and remember to keep my head up...lol  ;D

indianabob

Re: Don't Worry----Be Happy! Ukulele artist
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 11:17:22 PM »

For those who watched the video and may be curious here is a short bio of
the artist playing the Ukulele and singing "over the rainbow"
Indiana bob
= = = =

Throughout his whole life, Kamakawiwoʻole was obese and at one point carried 757 pounds (343 kg; 54.1 st) on his 6-foot-2-inch (1.88 m) frame.[4] He endured several hospitalizations because of problems caused by his weight. At age 38, he died of weight-related respiratory illness at The Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu on June 26, 1997, at 12:18 a.m.[4] Kamakawiwoʻole is survived by his wife, Marlene Kamakawiwoʻole, and his daughter, Ceslie-Ann "Wehi".[5]

The Hawaiʻi State Flag flew at half-staff on July 10, 1997, the day of Kamakawiwoʻole's funeral. His koa wood coffin lay in state at the Capitol building in Honolulu. He was the third person in Hawaiian history to be awarded this honor, and the only one who was not a government official. Approximately ten thousand people attended the funeral. Thousands of fans gathered as his ashes were scattered into the Pacific Ocean at Mākua Beach on July 12, 1997.[5]

On September 20, 2003, hundreds paid tribute to Kamakawiwoʻole as a bronze bust of the revered singer was unveiled at the Waianae Neighborhood Community Center on Oʻahu. The singer's widow, Marlene Kamakawiwoʻole, and sculptor Jan-Michelle Sawyer were present for the dedication ceremony.[6]

Hi, John and all.

Anyone waits for that Day. :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

Walt.

cjwood

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 01:49:01 AM »

thanks bob!  i was endeared to this huge man with such a tender voice.  i enjoyed learning more about him.  the song makes me smile really big and sing along.

claudia

Stacey

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »

I don't know if I will be in the 1st Resurrection.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring.  I don't know what more of life's sufferings will come my way.

But I am happy and have a light heart just based upon a few of the Truths taught in the Scriptures.

And the sailor, home, home from the sea."

Amen. This sailor will be home from the sea in just a few days and the closer I get to that point the lighter my heart gets!

I have listened to the music video posted by Walt probably 25 or more times since the day it was put in this thread. I now know where that beautiful voice I heard in a commercial a while back came from. Don't remember what the commercial was about but it was Kamakawiwoʻole's voice humming the first part of the music video that Walt gave us the link to. Every time I seen or heard that commercial it would almost make the hairs on my arms stand up because of the voice humming this pretty music. That might sound strange but it is what it is. Seems to me that God chooses sometimes to reveal Himself to us through music and no doubt about it to me, He did if only in a small way, through Kamakawiwoʻole. I don't know his life's story, how he lived or what he believed and I don't need too. When God shows up, everything else fades away and the small stuff doesn't matter for a little while. That's what I get every time I listen to this video and see the people so affected by such a powerful voice that they can't help them selves, me either, they just gotta move a little, you know what I'm talking about, sometimes you gotta cut a little feel good jig. Thanks for this thread John and thank you Walt for the link.
Stacey

geokuhns

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »

Endure the 24 second video (If there) then watch "Don't Worry......Be Happy"!
Watch the frog at the end for at least 5 seconds for a laugher.  ;D

http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x851d8&v3=1&autoPlay=1&related=1&autoStart=true

cjwood

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 04:04:10 AM »

thanks for the video george.  i enjoyed all the pics.

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.