> Off Topic Discussions

Hello - New Here - Need Some Prayer!

(1/3) > >>

Betsy Bogusz:
Hi there - My name is Betsy.  I don't know how to use this site yet.  I've been reading discussions on this site for some time now.  Thought I would sign up and ask you to pray with me for help for my son.  He's 17 and has been studying with me at Ray's site.  We are both very much in agreement with all that we read.  My husband is Catholic but I am not.  I did NOT raise our boys Catholic.  All of a sudden my husband has decided that the boys (17 and 21 yrs. old) need to become Catholic and is forcing the 17 year old to go to counseling with the priest and to become Catholic!  Matt, my son, is trying to hold up his arguments with what he has learned from Ray's site.  Needless to say he is going through HELL (LOL???)!!!  Now my husband is livid with me for "brainwashing" the boys in unchristian ways.  I know that my son and I will be persecuted for truth sake.  My son just needs strength to hang on and keep strong!!!  Keep us both in your prayers!!!  Thanks :wink:  Got any suggestions for my son and I and our 'defense'?!?!?

roperfam:

--- Quote from: Betsy Bogusz ---Hi there - My name is Betsy.  I don't know how to use this site yet.  I've been reading discussions on this site for some time now.  Thought I would sign up and ask you to pray with me for help for my son.  He's 17 and has been studying with me at Ray's site.  We are both very much in agreement with all that we read.  My husband is Catholic but I am not.  I did NOT raise our boys Catholic.  All of a sudden my husband has decided that the boys (17 and 21 yrs. old) need to become Catholic and is forcing the 17 year old to go to counseling with the priest and to become Catholic!  Matt, my son, is trying to hold up his arguments with what he has learned from Ray's site.  Needless to say he is going through HELL (LOL???)!!!  Now my husband is livid with me for "brainwashing" the boys in unchristian ways.  I know that my son and I will be persecuted for truth sake.  My son just needs strength to hang on and keep strong!!!  Keep us both in your prayers!!!  Thanks :wink:  Got any suggestions for my son and I and our 'defense'?!?!?
--- End quote ---

Wow, this is a hard situation.  I pray that God will give you wisdom.  I don't have any great advise other than if God is opening the eyes of you and your son, there is nothing religion can do to stop it.  Keep studying, praying and fellowshipping with your son.  If he does or is forced to join the catholic church, use it as a way to discuss topics with your son, almost like a college class, and how it is not jiving with the Holy Spirit is teaching you.  Just some thots.  

In Him

orion77:
Yeah that is a tough question.  Could be that God is going to give your son some experience in the way true spirituality is not to be.  Nevertheless he is in Gods hands.  Let faith take over, dont worry every hair on your sons head is numbered.  

God bless you and keep you and yours.

Gary

Chris R:
Hello,

Be the best Mother/Wife you can be, Be the best Son you can be, I would rather see a sermon, rather than hear one. Love your husband/Father

Peace

Chris R

zander:
Any news of possible family strife when it comes to the church and the truth, saddens me.  Under 1 roof, whilst married, kids - you cant get away from it - and what makes it worse is its with the people who are closest to you.

Im stumped when it comes for advice on this one.  Prayer is the only suggestion i can give.  The other suggestions from previous posts here are also very good.

Its something i think i may go through. My "girlfriend's" mother is a strict member of the firm and she entices her daughter to go.  My "girlfriend" says she will go back to church when she comes back from her travels of 18 months.

I feel a storm brewing...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version