bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foods for the bowels...  (Read 4752 times)

acomplishedartis

Foods for the bowels...
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:42:58 PM »

Concordant Version.
1Cor. 6:13 ''Foods for the bowels and the bowels for foods, yet God will be discarding these as well as those.''

Jonathan Mitchell's New Testament Translation
1Cor. 6:13  The foods (the things eaten) [are meant] for the stomach, and the stomach [is meant] for the things eaten, yet God will make both it and them useless and unprofitable (or: will also bring this and these down to being idle).

I also found this quote by Ray (from one email that he responded), where he is talking regarding the theme at hand:

If Paul is speaking of literal meat/food to eat and digest in our literal bellies/stomachs, then you wouldn't need to worry about eating "gradually diminishing meat"--you would PHYSICALLY DIE in a few days! It is the LUSTS of this world and our LUSTS for pleasure (as in eating delicious foods to satisfy our stomach's cravings) that will be ultimately destroy in judgment. Our judgment is now, and the rest of the world's judgment is when God's JUDGMENTS ARE IN THE EARTH and all will learn righteousness (Isa. 26: 9).

I was pondering about that short saying because I find it very relevant for today more than ever. I believe it's talking about economics, consumerism, value, production, profit and also of taking on consideration an intelligent frugal lifestyle.

If our judgment is now, then these saying is very important (no matter how overwhelming it sounds), another thing that also has been on my mind is that we are judged individually on according to our works.

still,

''All is allowed me, but not all is expedient. All is allowed me, but I will not be put under its authority by anything.'' 1Cor. 6:12
Concordant Version.
''Everything is authorized (allowed; permitted) to me (or: All things are rightful and lawful for me).  But yet not everything proceeds to bear together for advantage, profit or help.  All things are authorized and permitted, but still I, myself, will not be brought (or: put) under authority by anyone (or: under any man; or: anything).'' 1Cor. 6:12
Jonathan Mitchell's New Testament Translation (The translation includes the parentheses)

well, at list I want to think that I am tryign it

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:22:18 PM by moshe »

longhorn

Re: Foods for the bowels... *Important.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:14:48 PM »

Discarding the bowels has to be a good thing right.

Longhorn

Duane

Re: Foods for the bowels... *Important.
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:17:17 PM »

Reminds me of one of my hospital observations:  What do you have when part of your colon is removed?   A semi-colon! 
Well, that does the "bowel" thing!  I like to talk about "the HEART of the matter".  "Zowns"  better!

acomplishedartis

Re: Foods for the bowels...
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »

Discarding the bowels has to be a good thing right.

Longhorn

it must.

---

Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food

I see it this way (I will just put it on a few random examples):

Exercise is for the body and we are not live fore exercising

We are to eat food to live and not live to eat food

We are to buy ( ....you name it... ) for the use and necessity of it and not because the pre-fabricated deceptive experience that many times is trying to be sold along with the thing. Food is for the stomach and the stomach is for food, yet both will be discarded... both are temporal.

Am I out of line?                            does somebody have more examples in mind?

"And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever enters in at the mouth goes into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth FROM THE HEART; and they defile the man.
For out of THE HEART proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashed hands defiles not a man" (Matt. 15:16-20)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:37:47 PM by Moises »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.