bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Gospel according to Thomas  (Read 4553 times)

Heidi

The Gospel according to Thomas
« on: February 23, 2011, 03:43:40 AM »

I was watching a documentary on Discovery channel regarding the bible etc.  The narrator talked about the lost Gospels such as Thomas, Peter, Mary Magalene and Judas.  My understanding in listening to the documentary was that Thomas's gospel was very much in tune with the Truth that has been revealed to us.  Things such as "we are the sons and daughters of God" etc.  The other gospels sounded a bit airy-fairy if you ask me....however, I am interested in discussing what is known about Thomas's gospel and whether it would be a good reference or not.

My continuing love for all of you....

Heidi

Heidi

Re: The Gospel according to Thomas
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 01:14:20 AM »

Thank you John of Kentucky......You are so right when you say "People with a little knowledge will proclaim something on these venues and other uneducated people will believe them.  True knowledge of the Scriptures and everything else is hard to obtain.  Detailed knowledge of any subject takes hard work and study.  In addition, correct knowledge of the Scriptures only comes from the Holy Spirit of God."

God bless

Aatos

Re: The Gospel according to Thomas
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 05:54:55 AM »

The supposed Gospel of Thomas lost all credibility for me when I read only this verse.

"Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."

Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too
may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female
who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

...welp, off to get that sex change! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.