bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fits and starts  (Read 8014 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Fits and starts
« on: February 23, 2011, 06:28:02 AM »

That's pretty much the way I've experienced this walk since coming to believe.  I'm in the middle of another 'fit' and am asking prayer from those of you here prone to do so.  I can't tell you exactly what my needs are, but you could pray the Model Prayer and just stick my name in there, and that would cover it very well.

Thanks to all who have prayed for me already.  I ask you please to lift me up again.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

HoneyLamb56

Re: Fits and starts
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:03:31 AM »

Dave:  done; trusting with all those praying that you'll be spiritually strengthened and soaring again

Linny

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:00:43 PM »

Dave, I am right there with you.

I am struggling so much right now. After visiting my sister and brother-in-law last week who are sailing along with every need being met and more in their new big home we came home to more disaster in ours. Truthfully I am having those feelings again where I wish God had just left us blind, dumb and happy. I am feeling lost and left very much without help.  ???
I wasn't very nice to God yesterday.  :-[

Sorry to butt in here. But you will be in my prayers. Please remember us in yours.  :'(
Lin

GaryK

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 05:47:49 PM »

That's pretty much the way I've experienced this walk since coming to believe.  I'm in the middle of another 'fit' and am asking prayer from those of you here prone to do so.  I can't tell you exactly what my needs are, but you could pray the Model Prayer and just stick my name in there, and that would cover it very well.

Thanks to all who have prayed for me already.  I ask you please to lift me up again.

I understand Dave, mine has been fits and ‘stumbles’.     Consider yourself lifted (and Ray too) to the best of the ability God has given me.

Be well friend.

gk

Linny said: I wasn't very nice to God yesterday.    

Four years, 4 months, 23 days, 14 hours and 41 minutes (and ticking) I haven’t been nice to God on any day……….no really.

I understand Linny.

The REAL question is:  does he understand?

gk

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 01:21:37 AM »

dave (and lin), i pray for each of you, that indeed the Father's will be done in your lives.  and that in His will is His mercy and grace to carry you through the fits and starts, and the stumbles along the way. 

claudia

One Love

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 04:23:25 PM »

OMG! There's people here also that's going through hard, harsh, stormy times! It's now going 5 years for me, in & out of contracts, the most recent is 8 months to date without any income, I gnash my teeth, I cry, I pray, I'm about to lose everything, I think of all the people in the old testiment, how they suffered unbearable chastening & persecution, I was weak & I went back to some old habits during this time, it's unbearable for me and my family, even though, we still worship & pray that every new day that the LORD giveth, there might come something to restore us.

I'm walking the same path, my deepest & most humble prayers for you in need. Amen!

Samson

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »

That's pretty much the way I've experienced this walk since coming to believe.  I'm in the middle of another 'fit' and am asking prayer from those of you here prone to do so.  I can't tell you exactly what my needs are, but you could pray the Model Prayer and just stick my name in there, and that would cover it very well.

Thanks to all who have prayed for me already.  I ask you please to lift me up again.

Sorry to hear about Your experience regarding "Fits," May God's Will be done in Your behalf and May You be able to emotionally cope with this situation and Your needs met.

God Bless, Samson.

Joel

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 10:07:49 PM »

I pray that the Lord Jesus, who himself knows what we as human beings created in the image of God encounter here during our lives. Will meet all our NEEDS as he deems necessary, and help us to understand when we may not see results, where WE think there should be some.  :)

Joel

Roy Coates

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 11:56:52 AM »

You are not alone Dave. May God have His will and His way in your life today and every day. God will sustain you and I pray for you comfort, healing, understanding, peace and Grace in the mighty name of Jesus.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 04:41:04 PM »

Dave ~  :)

Your perfect security and complete fulfillment are your inheritance.

God keeps your inheritance safe for you ~ and He teaches, what it is.

Blessings

Arc

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 04:32:41 PM »

If I didn't know that I know that I know that God has all things under control, that the devil can't derail God's plan, that everything is going just as it's supposed to go I wouldn't be able to get up out of bed in the morning considering the condition this present world. is in.  I learned one good saying from one of my teacher's in Babylon this is actually worth keeping.  And that is "don't doubt in the darkness what God has given you in the light."  God bless you, be with you and give you the peace that passes all understanding Dave.

Ninny

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 09:41:37 PM »

Done, Dave!
Kathy :)

jopie

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 11:26:29 PM »

Hi Dave.
I am  so sorry to hear you are going thru such a tough time.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Your brother.
John.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 05:18:52 AM »

I'm thankful to have been in yall's prayers.  I didn't mean to be so cryptic.  The 'hard times' I'm going through are just the kind of hard times endured by people being judged now.  My natural life is a mess, but not difficult.  This walk in the Spirit IS difficult.  It seems to me so far very much like Ray teaches from Revelation about the burning of 1/3 of the trees and 1/3 of the grass, etc.  It's beyond difficult...the carnal mind is deep-seated enmity with God and not subject to His Law...nor CAN it be.  It's hard to die, and I am not about to fake my own death.   

I respect the Lord who destroys both body and soul in Gehenna.  I'm not a 'victim' of anything.  I'm the criminal.  It's hard to bear sometimes...I think that's why the work He does comes incrementally.  We're getting there, just like everybody is and will.

Anyways, the 'worst' seems to be over and I'm still here.  He'll beat me yet. 

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

G. Driggs

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 06:43:07 AM »

I'm not a 'victim' of anything.  I'm the criminal.  It's hard to bear sometimes..

It's so easy to get that 'victim' mentality when I begin to see He truly is in control of EVERYTHING. I should know, because often it feels so unfair. It is hard to bear, and the only thing that keeps me a little sane is the fact God is operating all according to His will, so it has to turn out good. I shouldn't blame Him, He did nothing wrong, and does everything right.

Luk 23:39 Now one of the hanged malefactors blasphemed Him, saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
Luk 23:40 Yet answering, the other one, rebuking him, averred, "Yet you are not fearing God, seeing that you are in the same judgment!"
Luk 23:41 And we, indeed, justly, for we are getting back the deserts of what we commit, yet this One commits nothing amiss."
Luk 23:42 And he said to Jesus, "Be reminded of me, Lord, whenever Thou mayest be coming in Thy kingdom."
Luk 23:43 And Jesus said to him, "Verily, to you am I saying today, with Me shall you be in paradise."

Some great day Dave........ ;D

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 11:14:48 AM »

Anyways, the 'worst' seems to be over and I'm still here.  He'll beat me yet. 

Dave, I've been praying for you and I'm delighted to know you are "still here."  Even when you are going through the much needed difficult times in your life, please remember that you are of great value to this forum. :)

René   

Patrick

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 11:54:17 AM »

Quote from: Dave in Tenn

I'm not a 'victim' of anything.  I'm the criminal.  It's hard to bear sometimes...I think that's why the work He does comes incrementally.   

Amen, Dave!
That's why I constantly beg for His mercy!
I'm also thankfull He works in increments!
Keep on trucking!

spiritman

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 02:40:01 AM »

Dave,

Somehow, I think I understand you brother. Maybe not the specifics, but the "struggle". I am blessed to be going through another start after seeing a lot in the USMC the past few years and I pray for you to get through this unscathed!

Matt

Pini56

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 12:48:33 AM »

Hey Dave,

I hope This Will Help You.

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy!
I look to you for protection.
I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings
until this violent storm is past. NLT. Psalm 57:1

Let Peace Reign In Your Heart With This Knowledge. Regards, Geoff

G. Driggs

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 08:02:29 PM »

Fits can be so discouraging for me. Is this the norm in our walk? It sure seems like it. Why do we have them? Is it to keep us humble? I understand perfection is not possible at this time, but is it acceptable enough to at least be consistent? Does God consider we are at least trying?  This probably isn't true, but sometimes I think Im just wasting God's time. My fits lasts so long and seem so horrible sometimes. It's an absolute miracle I still have any hope at all. Maybe I'm just expecting too much too soon? I dunno, just thinking out loud.

G.Driggs
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.