bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What say Ye about the "Millennium"  (Read 3993 times)

longhorn

What say Ye about the "Millennium"
« on: July 07, 2006, 11:58:40 AM »

There are so many "spiritually gifted" people on this forum.  I wish some would give an overview of the millennium.  I know it is a complex subject, but I find more and more in conversations I have with christians, and even non-christians, whenever discussing biblical matters, the subject of the millennium always seems to come up.  Just yesterday, I was talking with a man who is a believer, and he said he believes the millennium is symbolic only, that the chosen are ruleing with a rod of iron, and reigning with Christ (in us) Now, and that the next event is God's occasion to destroy all flesh, followed by the resurrection.  To be quite honest, I had to tell him I wasn't sure.

Anyway, if anyone feels this is a issue they would like to share on, by all means do.

Peace in Christ

Longhorn

buddyjc

Re: What say Ye about the "Millennium"
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 01:35:37 PM »

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

I have not really looked at the millennium in great detail, but I do know that this verse tells us that there is a resurrection BEFORE the millennium. 

Brian

longhorn

Re: What say Ye about the "Millennium"
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 02:19:45 PM »

Thanks Brian

Yes he is saying the chosen in this age are already "Spritually resurrected" (true), but that all flesh will be destroyed in this age, then the general resurrection.

Longhorn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.