bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: spiritual discernment  (Read 3224 times)

Revilonivek

spiritual discernment
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:18:44 PM »

Hi all,

I don't know what you call this... but I feel the need to share- I think God is inspiring me to write this so i can receive chastement, wisdom, or correction in regards to this suitation because I am spiritually questioning it over and over.

Right now, What God puts in my heart, my soul... God gave me this passion for  helping others. I enjoy it, its my passion.  You have no idea how many times I've helped people who have persecuted  me many times.. same people, different people.. with gas, money, food, etc..  its like I forget what they do to me.. it just happens over and over..  I don't know why I keep showing love to those who persecuted me...its just my passion.  I just see through people and let it go. People would tell me, forget them, and move on, they take advantage of you too much. i just can't help it.

What is the right way to deal with it? What would Jesus have done in a situation like this? I need confirmation?  I feel a burden, a responsibility to people. Its like they need my love, in terms of making their lives bearable.  I know my responsibility is to my own soul first  but I can't help but worry about other people at the same time. I acknowledge that  all is of God, and God set some to vessels to dishonor, some to honor.. so I try to treat everyone the same.. I figure, they are part of a whole... why treat them any different, why deny them love, just because they are bound to vessels of dishonor? makes sense? they are souls after all like me and you.

Here's the other issue i want to talk about, the chosen elect issue, to be honest.. I am tired- spiritually exhausted- I don't even like the stress of worrying  so much about whether i'll make it or not or meeting God's expectations of me.. of being the "elect" I hardly  meet the qualifications of an elect. So i highly doubt I ever will because I'm nothing like the apostles, none at all. I don't study extensively for hours, - I have a bad memory when it comes to remembering where exactly a certain scripture is  or have the gift of writing or sing at all.. I don't sing...and I dont think i have the qualifications needed to help rule with him with the rest of the world. it's a huge responsibility. I mean, if you elect someone, you'll want someone perfect-,  spiritually holy that has all the qualifications- no weakness in any areas, has everything to be able to give, help, rule, etc. the intellect, the ability to have patience for someone who's still spiritually developing.

I worry about my spiritual nature, getting rid of my carnal nature- it's a beast.. I want it out of me. I want to be free from the bonds that carnal nature holds me down to. That is definitely a priority- and definitely not easy.. and at the rate I do it, It's gonna take a while, I know even if God wants me to get there completely, he will make it happen. I Just need to stop worrying so much about getting there but focus on getting rid of the beast and go from there. :)

as for worship.. I don't sing, no gift of music, I dont even understand music... I attempt to worship God by pleasing him with my obeiendce and willingness to change..That's all i can do really. I really want to give something that's completely honest to God.. instead of pretending I love to sing.. or anything of that matter.

I would appreciate any wisdom, correction, or anything that will help me with my current spiritual development.

Thanks so much

Denise

walt123

Re: spiritual discernment
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 12:52:38 AM »

Hello again denise

Maybe this can be helpful as well.

Walt.

http://bible-truths.com/audio/THEONEGODPT1.mp3
Audio 10

QUALIFYING FOR RULER-SHIP
WITH NO LEADERSHIP, MONEY OR TALENTS

I have several titles that I’m doing here and I said yesterday that I could take almost all of these eight or nine lectures that I have and I could switch all the titles around, doesn’t matter, it’s all the same thing. My message is one, I have one message. Even though I talk about different aspects of different things, it’s all one message. It’s all about the one God, the unified God. Jesus and His Father are unified. Their teaching, their instruction, their example and so on. That’s what it’s all about. We’re just approaching it from different perspectives.

This one is entitled Qualifying for Ruler-ship with no leadership or no money or no talents. I know a lot of people fit in that category. People say, ‘oh Mr. Smith, you teach and preach and you’ve got this site and you give Bible studies and you will probably be over 125 cities. I can’t do all that, I don’t have any talents… oh woe is me.’

1 Corinthians 1:26-29 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world (comment: that’s me) to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things (comment: that’s me) of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world (comment: that’s me), and things which are despised (comment: yeah and do they ever), hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not (comment: yeah that’s me, I’m a nobody), to bring to nought things that are: That no flesh should glory in His presence.

You say yep that’s me all right, don’t see how I’m going to rule over five cities, or whatever. But it says…

Revelation 2:26 And he that overcomes, and keeps My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

You say, ‘how am I going to do all that? I have no education… I don’t have any money… I don’t have any place to entertain people… I don’t have a car to visit the sick, I’m sick myself. I’m old, I just learned these truths a year ago, I was already 75 or 80, what can I do? I’m an old man… I’m an old woman, how am I going to qualify for this, to rule the world… to rule the nations… to judge angels? How am I going to do that, come on.’

Well, how is he (she) going to do that? I’m here to tell you, whether you believe it or not, it’s possible to develop talents, abilities and character without having those qualities and talents inherently within you. They can be developed without natural abilities, without leadership, without education, without money, etc. But they can be developed!

Here’s how and why they can be developed. I don’t care if you’re a paraplegic on your back in bed, if that’s how you live, you can do this. Here’s why. Because of two principles.

1.) Proverbs 23:7--
(KJV) For as he (or she) thinks in his (or her) heart, so is he (she):
(ASV) For as he thinketh within himself, so is he:
(CLV) For as one who calculates within his soul, so is he;
(Rotherham) For, just as he hath thought in his own mind, so, he is:

And the second principle is this.
2.) Romans 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

On those two principles, you can be flat on your back a paraplegic and you can develop character traits, virtues, fruits of the spirit, wisdom and knowledge so that you can rule nations. (Notes) Likewise, one can meditate (think) and what he thinks then becomes what he IS. Not having money, education, talents, or possessions is no excuse for not being able to produce the kind of character and leadership necessary to “have power over the nation.”

It is in SPIRIT that we accomplish the things of the spirit:

No matter what your condition is, you can keep the law of God. Why? Because it is spiritual. It is in SPIRIT that we accomplish the things of the spirit:
We can pray in the spirit:

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit…

Anybody can do that, “Praying always.” I pray always, that is continuously. I don’t think; oops, I thought of something I got to pray to God about and I got to find a room or a closet. Oh shoot, I’m in the car, I’ll pull off to the side of the road or I’ll use a public rest room, because I got to go and pray. I pray wherever I am!

I told you how I found my house, driving down the street. I was the only one in the car and I said, God if you want me to move to Mobile, find me a decent house. It was about a four second prayer. Within minutes, minutes, I had me a house!

Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance (self control): against such there is no law.

Is there any one of those that you need an education to acquire? Is there any one of those that you need money to acquire? Is there any one of those that you need special talents or an education, where you have to go someplace different to acquire it? No.

The mind, “as you think…”

Romans 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

It’s in the heart - in the mind - in the spirit.

Philippians 3:3 For we are the circumcision, (comment: how so?) which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

It’s what’s inside that counts!

I enjoy and appreciate nice things. I tell one on my wife… sometimes there’ll be something laying around and I’ll pick it up and my wife will say, ‘just leave it or whatever, nobody’s coming.’ I’ll say, I’m not worried about that. It’s not somebody else I’m worried about, it’s me, I don’t like that laying there. I’m picking that up for me, because I don’t want this junk laying around. We are admonished…

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Revilonivek

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:22:39 AM »

Thanks Walt! You're absolutely right. I feel so much better, I guess I just needed to be reminded.

God chooses the  weak and foolish people, especially those, with no credentials, like Jesus didn't, either, no degrees, or years and years of training at an university to prove his intelligence, or ability. The beauty of it is to show the wise, that they should have not boasted in the first place and be reminded of God's unconditional love toward everyone. wise and not wise ones.

He is wise indeed.

Thanks,

Denise

G. Driggs

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 05:39:29 AM »

One of my all time favorite quotes from Ray.

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html

NOTHING HAS EVER MALFUNCTIONED ACCORDING TO GOD’S PLAN!

If anything in the universe has ever malfunctioned contrary to the intention of the Creator and Designer God, then the flaw is in the Inventor, not the invention! GOD IS THE POTTER: WE ARE THE CLAY!

"Has not the Potter [God] power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto DISHONOUR?" (Rom. 9:21).

Only theologians believe that vessels of "dishonor" malfunction, when in reality they were designed by their Creator for the very PURPOSE of malfunctioning. A malfunctioning, carnal-minded, God-hating, immoral, human slob, is of great value to God. Paul was just such a person before God called him out of Babylon the Great. And now, PAUL IS GREAT! Marvel of marvels, the things that God can do with dung.
---------------------------------------

Although one of my favorites, it causes me a lot of anguish. I mean it really hurts when I think about this sometimes. Sometimes I wish He didn't make me what He did. I know He has an ultimate good reason for making me a vessel of dishonor, but the here and now experience is too much to bear at times. I think about this almost everyday, and it's like torture. I often blame God, then I'll repent and tell myself "only a little while longer". Argh I just cant wait till that day everyone is saved and has an understanding of why things were the way they were!

In some ways I can see why God would choose a base thing He created to know these marvelous truths. A base thing knows what a looser he/she is, and is more likely to be humbled, compared to someone in a position of worldly honor and power that says to himself, "I did this".

Just needed to vent a bit, as things like this have been on my mind quite a bit lately.

Peace,

G.Driggs
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.