bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big time Preacher Rob Bell teaching Universal Reconciliation  (Read 9938 times)

Bill

Big time Preacher Rob Bell teaching Universal Reconciliation
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:43:34 AM »

Hello,

Rob Bell a big name Preacher, founder of Mars Hill and author of many Christian DVD's and Books is coming out with a book called "Love wins"  and it appears from the description of the book and his video he will be going into that all will be saved.  

While I have a gut feeling is still missing the boat on many of the principals of how this is accomplished I find it interesting that he has got many people discussing the issue and even making local and national news  about it.

Bill

Foxx

Re: Big time Preacher Rob Bell teaching Universal Reconciliation
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 01:29:16 AM »

Yeah I posted this the other day but it was deleted, haha

But anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew much about him. I looked up some sermons and he seems to be "on the right track" so to speak but he still seems sketchy about certain issues and he often preaches without actually making any points during his whole conversation, which I found amusing...someone talking for 10 minutes without really saying anything at all.

I like how in the article you provided the pastor Kevin DeYoung says:

"We need God's wrath to keep us honest about evangelism, We need God's wrath in order to: forgive our enemies; risk our lives for Jesus’ sake; live holy lives; understand what mercy means; grasp how wonderful heaven will be; be motivated to care for our impoverished brothers and sisters; and be ready for the Lord’s return. Believing in God’s judgment actually helps us look more like Jesus. In short, we need the doctrine of the wrath of God."

Interesting...I can't think of a single bible verse that affirms any of these statements. When one makes UNscriptural comments none of what they say is found in scripture, funny how that works huh?

I wonder how many time Pastor DeYoung has risked his life for "Jesus' sake"? nobody knows what heaven is like except Jesus who came down from heaven so how can he or any of us grasp it? Oh and since Jesus didn't believe or preach this eternal hell doctrine then the truth is they are NOT looking "more like Jesus"...Sorry this stuff is just ridiculous to me nowadays.

Also, this book of his hasn't even come out and the whole of Christendom is preaching HERESY HERESY! BLASPHEMY! BLASPHEMY! Every article I've read out of the half dozen or more I've seen regarding Rob Bell all follow this same trend. Just shows the hate of anyone daring to preach the love of God..I mean really why does it matter? If we who believe in Jesus also believe that he WILL save everyone does it really matter? Do we get damned to hell for believing that God will save everyone? Ha! Ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 01:48:25 AM by Foxx »

chav

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 06:01:36 AM »

Hi
Although I know very little about Rob Bell and his ministry I have been following this story with some interest.I'm not sure how far into the 'Universalist' camp he will be going with his book.It has been very interesting however to watch the reaction of some of his fellow ministers, some of whom (not having read the book) have turned on him quite savagely and with real venom. In some instances I gather some Christian bookshops have already begun to remove his other books from the their shelves.It's interesting watching the reactions of other when they perceive that one of their own no longer seems to be following the orthodox line, but I guess most of us here have already experienced that ourselves in our own walk.
Dave

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 10:43:45 AM »

In some instances I gather some Christian bookshops have already begun to remove his other books from the their shelves.It's interesting watching the reactions of other when they perceive that one of their own no longer seems to be following the orthodox line,

You got to have that 'mark' in order to buy and sell in Christendom.  Seems to me that one of the primary characteristics of that mark is that you have to believe in a literal hell of fire and torture for your enemies and if you don't your anathema and they all declare your going there.

I have been instrumental on one forum to bring the Protestants and Catholics together though.  They can't agree on almost anything with each other and are sure that the other party is probably going to hell but they sure join forces and stand together against me when I dare to share about the salvation of all in the ages to come and that the book of revelation is symbolic and not literal.  Saying such things is like the farmers boot on the ant hill looking at the reaction.

Stacey

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 11:37:54 AM »

You got to have that 'mark' in order to buy and sell in Christendom.

L__i__g__h__t  b__u__l__b
Stacey

Foxx

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 12:48:20 PM »

Quotes from less than one week of posts from various pastors, authors and journalists who have not even read Rob Bells book Love Wins...this is truly disgusting, I spent very little time researching and this just pops up like crazy so I thought I would include this to see what Bell has been receiving for his supposed "evil efforts".

Justin Taylor vice president of Editorial at Crossway
 - "he is moving farther and farther away from anything resembling biblical Christianity"
 - "I think that the publisher’s description combined with Bell’s video is sufficient evidence to suggest  that he thinks hell is empty and that God’s love (which desires all to be saved) is always successful,"
- "If Bell is teaching that hell is empty and that you can reject Jesus and still be saved, he is opposing the gospel and the biblical teaching of Jesus Christ."
- “It is unspeakably sad when those called to be ministers of the Word distort the gospel and deceive the people of God with false doctrine.”

Pastor Joshua Harris of Covenant Life Church in Gaithersburg, Maryland,
- Bell's statements in the video alone are "concerning enough to be challenged"
- "Hell is what our sin deserves."
-  tweeted "There's nothing loving about preaching a false gospel. This breaks my heart. Praying for Rob Bell.

Author Donald Miller
-  tweeted "satan's at work for sure."

Sean Lucas - Reformation21
- "Without a truth-core that centers on the grand facts of divine holiness, love, grace, sin, judgment, hell, Christ, salvation, and heaven, there is no Gospel."
- "if there is no Gospel, then we are most to be pitied and ignored. No matter if you are David Swing or the contemporary rock star of evangelicalism."

Pastor John Piper Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, MN
- tweeted "Farwell Rob Bell"

Katrina Douglas Gather.com
- "The problem is that without hell, there is no need for war and conflict; therefore, there is no need for pastors.
- "It is a nice concept, but is Rob Bell just playing to the need of humanity not to worry about their deeds."
- "Bell's concept means that murderers, drug dealers, and terrorists sit beside angels in heaven, and everyone can do as they please.
- "If what Bell is teaching in his new book is true, everyone should go out and party hard."

All this animosity and anger in less than a WEEK towards a person and a book that has yet to be released! Just at the implication that God would dare to save all his creation creates such hate.  I will most likely pick up the book and I'm not expecting to gleam any new insight that I haven't gotten here at Bible Truths (although it is possible) but I think this is a perfect example of how judgmental, unloving, hateful, carnally minded, and resentful of the word of God the Christian church truly is. I'm not even going to bother to post the thousands upon thousands tweets, comments, replies, etc that have been made in regards to Rob Bell and his supposes "heresy".  This is truly incredible and I am so thankful to God for bringing me here and showing Ray's site because it is so sad that all these people have no idea of what the love of Jesus truly is.

Christianity Today / The Gospel Coalition / Huffington Post
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 12:54:21 PM by Foxx »

Kat

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 02:22:13 PM »

Hi Arion,

You got to have that 'mark' in order to buy and sell in Christendom.

I agree with this. These are symbols; selling is when someone offers, hawks or dispenses something to others. As buying are those receiving or obtaining something from the one selling. All people have the mark of the beast to start with in this life.

Rev 13:12  And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
v. 13  He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
v. 14  And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived.
v. 15  He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
v. 16  He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
v. 17  and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
v. 18  Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

We all take part in this carnal worldly beastal system, this is the mark of the beast. We are raised up in it and naturally participate in the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. The church is of course an extention of the worldly system.

God draws us out of the worldly system and sells us the TRUTH.

Rev 3:18  I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

When we come out of this world and we receive the truth from God, then we have another mark.

Eze 44:4  Also He brought me by way of the north gate to the front of the temple; so I looked, and behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house of the LORD; and I fell on my face.
v. 5  And the LORD said to me, "Son of man, mark well, see with your eyes and hear with your ears, all that I say to you concerning all the ordinances of the house of the LORD and all its laws. Mark well who may enter the house and all who go out from the sanctuary.

When we no longer buy into and agree with their traditions, dogmas, and heretical teachings of their religious systems, then you do not have their mark or stamp of approval. You will be cast out, ostracized and accused of being heretics and they certainly will not allow anyone to sell the TRUTH to their membership

Isa 55:1 "Ho! Everyone who thirsts,
       Come to the waters;
       And you who have no money,
       Come, buy and eat.
       Yes, come, buy wine and milk
       Without money and without price.
v. 2  Why do you spend money for what is not bread,
       And your wages for what does not satisfy?
       Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good,
       And let your soul delight itself in abundance.

John 6:35  And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 03:02:20 PM »

"Bell's concept means that murderers, drug dealers, and terrorists sit beside angels in heaven, and everyone can do as they please.
- "If what Bell is teaching in his new book is true, everyone should go out and party hard."

And another heart gets revealed.   :'(

I spent enough time with the 'universalists' contingent at Facebook to know that I am not a "universalist".  I seriously doubt he is going to present the same message that his knee-jerk detractors indicate, but I am also cautious about the whole package.  Whatever it is, I have no doubt that the Lord will free some people, and cause other people's hearts to be hardened.  He's been doing that since Egypt, at least.  Poor souls quoted above don't know THEY are Pharaoh.

What I'm praying is that contact between Ray and this preacher occurs.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

chav

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »

Hi
What I'm praying is that contact between Ray and this preacher occurs

Now wouldn't that be something.

I spent enough time with the 'universalists' contingent at Facebook to know that I am not a "universalist

Likewise I don't particularly like that label either.There's a huge range of ideas and beliefs amongst those who say they believe in the 'salvation of all' which can be very confusing at times.
Dave

dave

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 07:21:45 PM »

There is money in religon and the more givers the better for the takers. Dont know nothing about the guy, but if he is a "big time" preacher then for me he is already not worth looking into. Thats just me, I hope I am not to calloused, I leave it to the Lord.

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 01:22:51 AM »

Will people be literally tattooed with marks (bar codes, swastikas, Social Security numbers, implanted with computer chips or one of a hundred unscriptural marks being suggested by fundamentalist prophets) in their hands and on their foreheads so that men cannot buy or sell ice cream or automobiles without these marks? Self-appointed prophets of doom haven’t a clue as to what this mark of the beast really is or the number of his name. I have already been barred from buying and selling recently because I refuse to brandish this "mark of the beast"!

http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

longhorn

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »

Can't wait to see how all the TBN hoodlums retract Bell's teaching at the next of their 7 Spring Sharathons, and Praise-a-thons, and Remember in September Tithe Rallies.

Longhorn

Foxx

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 12:41:59 PM »

Can't wait to see how all the TBN hoodlums retract Bell's teaching at the next of their 7 Spring Sharathons, and Praise-a-thons, and Remember in September Tithe Rallies.

Longhorn

LOL, I actually laughed at this. You're right.  :D

I just watched some 10 minute video by a guy name Todd Friel called "Out of the Closet" (its on youtube if you want) he has an online video series called "Wretched" and he has got to be the most angry supposed Christian I've ever heard, its ridiculous. He rants and raves against Rob Bell to no end. This just came out 2 days ago. The video is professionally done in what looks like a high production studio (for some reason they can't keep the camera still...looks like Mad Money...but I don't even know where to begin in regards to how stupidly he rebuttals Bells book. I don't really care about Rob Bell all that much to be honest but I just find this amazing how every unscriptural thing that I've heard about on this site comes pouring out of this man's mouth, dripping with distain. Anyway, if you can get through this video with out laughing at the ridiculous nature of it than congratulations. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:05:43 PM by Foxx »

Bill

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »

Longhorn

I think they may have a tough time with that as from what I can gather Rob does not really come out and denounce eternal hell but plays the devils advocate by asking rhetorical questions with not really answering the questions himself. It should get people thinking but he played it safe.

Bill

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 01:12:39 PM »

Folks we need to stop this evil blasphemer Bell.  

So I propose you send me as much money as you can afford..at least 10% of your income.  I will use it to buy up all of his books and then burn them.  I will also use a portion to send an audio recording of the souls screaming in hell from the drilling that was done in Siberia when they broke through the earth and into hell.  I'll also send a copy of of the inspired book, "24 minutes in Hell" and also a copy of the blockbuster film "Left Behind".  And to top it all off I'll send him copies of "The Best of John Hagee".  This should scare him from his evil ways of declaring God will save everyone.  Only we are worthy of saving, not the masses of evil people who won't say the 10 second sinners prayer.

Craig
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 02:01:42 PM by Craig »

Bill

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 01:59:43 PM »

Only we are worthy of saving not the masses of evil people who won't say the 10 second sinners prayer.

Wow! Back in the day it took 15 seconds for the prayer.  They must be stream lining it these days.   ;D

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »

Okay members, this has run it's course. Time to lock it.

Strictly speaking it's against the forum rules (I asked the other mods to let it run awhile). But it's not a teaching link, more of human interest, and it is interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.