bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Near death experiences?  (Read 6406 times)

all4love

Near death experiences?
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:19:30 PM »

I read in one of Ray's papers that he briefly touched on the subject of near death experience and was wondering what everyone thought about the subject.

See, my mom told me that when I was born she had a heart complication and said that she had a near death experience.  She said that she saw a long tunnel and than she saw her brother and her grandparents (who had died) telling her that she had to go back because I still needed her. 

With people who have these (be it a "heavenly" or "hell") maybe it is their subconscience mind that is getting to them.  Like maybe the good "near death experiences" are that the person is at peace with themselves somehow.  And the bad "near death experiences" is that the person is feel extremly guilty about their life.

I don't know these are just my thoughts. 

Amy

gmik

Re: Near death experiences?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 10:37:52 PM »

Never had one myself.  But when my grandmother-in-law passed away (at home), all the clocks in the house stopped at 3:00 precisely when she died, and she raised up her arms and whispered "Jesu christo" and that was that.  I always wondered about that.

all4love

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:49:10 PM »

OH that just reminded me of when my grandfather-in-law passed away.  In the room next to the room that he was in they had an old clock that never ever worked and then the night he died it all of a sudden started to work(this was just before he died) he also was talking to his daughter(who died when she was a baby) and was also talking about other people in the room that wasn't even there (or I should say that the rest of us couldn't see).  Then after we left we found out that when he died the clock that started working stopped agian.

That has been puzzling me as well every since.

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 12:11:26 AM »

Never had one myself.  But when my grandmother-in-law passed away (at home), all the clocks in the house stopped at 3:00 precisely when she died, and she raised up her arms and whispered "Jesu christo" and that was that.  I always wondered about that.

Spooky..... May have to sleep with the nightlite on. :)

Peace in Christ

Longhorn

rvhill

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 04:36:41 PM »

The scientific explanation for near death experiences is a delusion brought by a lack of oxygen. That is my story and I am sticking by it.  My father was killed, and brought back and did not see anything. I say what the person see in a NDE is more about what is in their mind, then what is real.

gmik

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 08:58:42 PM »

The scientific explanation for near death experiences is a delusion brought by a lack of oxygen. That is my story and I am sticking by it.  My father was killed, and brought back and did not see anything. I say what the person see in a NDE is more about what is in their mind, then what is real.

What about the clocks??

Pogo

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 10:22:13 PM »

Ah, a subject near to my heart!.  Having had such an experience, I do not know.  I've heard it is real and that it is an hallucination due to lack of oxygen to the brain.  My opinion, our Father communicates to us in many ways through His Spirit.  If it is a dream (I don't believe in coincidence) it may well be a gift of The Spirit of God.  The message is loud and clear.  We do not need to fear death.  Death is sleep in a sense (in my opinion).  We will sleep and then we will, eventually be tried and will be with our Lord.  If we are blessed to have a preview by a gift from God, all the better.  He and He alone knows our heart and our needs.  In my experience, I was so afraid of death (the fabled HELL) that I honestly believe my Father gave me a gift of peace of heart.  It's one of those things we can't know but must have faith.  Fear not, for He is with you.  I live my life, now, following the two commandment of Christ:  Love God with all my heart, soul and strength and love my neighbor likewise.  I am a sinner (Chief among sinners) yet I trust with all my heart that I will eventually be with my Lord.  I no longer fear death.  I wish that freedom and love to all.  My advise would be to take the knowledge of this experience as a gift.  Let it take the fear of death from you.  We truly regret our sinful state (our flesh) and work our best to overcome sin.  However, as soon as we think we have it under control, our flesh lets us down...how vain we can be.  The bottom line is, we are the children of our Dear Father and He love us and will not stand to lose a single one of us.  I honestly believe that many of these "near-death" experiences are visions given us as a gift...to tell us how our Father is with us. 

I'm not a teacher and have no gift of knowledge.  This is only my feelings on my own experience.  I thank God for the experience.  If it was a dream, hallucination or whatever, it was sent by way of the Spirit of God.  Praise be to Him as it contributed to my peace of heart!

Blessings and Hope be with you,
Pogo

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 10:43:05 PM »

Pogo,

I can't tell you how happy I was to see your screen name on the Board once again, so glad to hear that your health and computer problems have subsided, I (we) missed you very much.

Oh, great post by the way,

Joe

knuckle

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 11:54:04 PM »

Hi all----------

Just my opinion but I believe that the flesh hinders our ability to see the spiritual realm.I think that up unto the very point of death as the body dies we see more and more.We look at the account of Stephens death and I believe he actually saw what he described.I think fasting works the same way.We deny the body to enable the spirit.NDE is exactly what it says, it brings the body so close to the point of death that the spirit is able to see things we normally can't.Now I am not saying that what folks report seeing after NDE is 100% accurate because nearly dying has to rattle the mind some.Now here is something that you should try----look at a picture of an arial veiw of your home and see if you haven't seen that view before.You might be surprised at how familiar it seems.

much love-----------knuckle

gmik

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2006, 01:27:29 AM »

Pogo from Mexico???? It is so good to hear from you again. I remember you as you always spoke truth in love.  I have missed you.  Hope all is well.

Gena

all4love

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2006, 09:08:39 PM »

Pogo,

I agree that I think NDE is a vision from God, I also think that it is a warning to some (namely the people who say they have seen hell, or should I say so called hell) I think that the vision that they have is their demons from living a ungodly life.  I could be completly wrong but this is my opinion.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.