bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hate  (Read 4831 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Hate
« on: March 06, 2011, 03:14:30 AM »

How do you know you really hate someone?
What are things that you would see in yourself that would let you know? Especially if you didn't think you hated them.
This is a very serious question.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Kat

Re: Hate
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:01:21 PM »

Hi Antaiwan,

Well if you feel disgust - loathing - hostility towards a person to a degree that you do not even want to be around the person, that would be a good indication to me. This is the way of the world, to find fault with others and hate them because of it, we can see it all the time.

I have to throw this is. God has called us out of this world, not to do as the world does, but to be different, to not judge others at this time.

1Jn 2:15  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

It is He that has put us all on our path, even the world. Only by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, of course, can we love those in the world.

Mat 5:44  But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,
v. 5  that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 02:27:50 PM »

What are things that you would see in yourself that would let you know? Especially if you didn't think you hated them.

Antaiwan

Hi Antaiwan,

I'm a little confused by your question as stated above, however I will share with you a personal experience with hatred on my part.

The last time I told someone I hated them, and really meant it with all my heart and soul, was about 27 years ago.  The person who received this declaration from me had done, and said, somethings that caused me to be fearful of his actions which could have caused me and my daughter pain and suffering.  I have given much thought over the years to those extreme emotions this person solicited from me and I can only conclude that definitely fear was the root cause of my feelings.  This does not excuse or justify these feelings of hatred I had for this person at that moment, however it does help me to now better understand the scripture that states that , "There is no fear in love: but perfect love cast out fear..." - 1John4:18

I know this does not answer your question, but this is what came to my mind when you opened this discussion. Hopefully, it will help in some way. ???

Rene'
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 09:36:17 PM by Rene »

Linny

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »

I think hate goes deeper than not wanting to be around someone. I didn't want to be around my dad and I don't like being around my mother-in-law but I didn't/don't wish them harm. I think that when people really hate someone, they wish really bad things would happen to them.  :o
Like when I hear someone on the news talking about a person who killed their family member and they wish them a slow death or even going to hell.
Just my thinking out loud...

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:05:32 AM »

Antaiwan,
I have wondered that myself..I mean thinking about what a pastor friend of mine said one time..."when you see something in someone else that you really hate..chances are those are traits in your own heart that God wants to skim off when they boil to the surface".. That has caused me to look at people a little differently...and some people are hard to look at and just naturally like or love them..but when I think of it as something in me...I'm just thankful that God loves me anyway!! I have had some discussions recently with a friend about love..when God fills your heart with His love..suddenly your heart has more room to love others..That's a life-changing kind of love!! I wish God's love filled my heart so much that there was only love there and no room for hate and bad feelings!! One day!! :D
Kathy ;)

santikos

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 02:13:15 PM »

i guess there are different meaning for different people and things.
If you hate someone you should be able to laugh at their funeral, after spiting on them as they lie in their coffin. maybe even mock them by moving thier lips and slapping them around a bit while they are just there dead. you might be able to cut them to see if they bleed, remember, all the while you are laughing and dancing with unspeakable joy. if you can do that then you might hate them.  Other than that you might just dislike or dislove someone.

Revilonivek

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 08:20:19 PM »

Hate is pretty much what it is... if you have any grudges or hard feelings toward anyone- that's hate.

1 John 2:9 (Contemporary English Version)

9If we claim to be in the light and hate someone, we are still in the dark.

We are not to be of this world- we are to be set apart and not follow the world's standard of hating others when others offend you.

God's pure religion is to show unconditional love and help others.

people during Jesus' time hated the prosquites, tax collectors, or anyone that didn't meet their standard of religious living. Jesus treated these very same people differently and better.

That's the hardest thing to do- Only God can help us do that and we should all pray for that fruit :)

the goal is to not be offended "at alll"  I learned that when others offend you, it is because they don't have it in their hearts to do the right thing. doing the right thing comes  from the spirit. That is why we can't judge others and forgive them anyway.  it is in their hearts to be that way unless God gives them the fruit to change to do the right thing.  and think about it.. when someone offends you.. remind yourself what judgement day is for... to set things right and once things are set right- these very same people will be your perfect people in your lives who offends no one anymore.

All in due time :)

Denise

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 10:32:58 PM »

Antaiwan

Hi Antaiwan,

I'm a little confused by your question as stated above, however I will share with you a personal experience with hatred on my part.

The last time I told someone I hated them, and really meant it with all my heart and soul, was about 27 years ago.  The person who received this declaration from me had done, and said, somethings that caused me to be fearful of his actions which could have caused me and my daughter pain and suffering.  I have given much thought over the years to those extreme emotions this person solicited from me and I can only conclude that definitely fear was the root cause of my feelings.  This does not excuse or justify these feelings of hatred I had for this person at that moment, however it does help me to now better understand the scripture that states that , "There is no fear in love: but perfect love cast out fear..." - 1John4:18

I know this does not answer your question, but this is what came to my mind when you opened this discussion. Hopefully, it will help in some way. ???

Rene'

Hey Rene'
I was pretty angry when I wrote this.
I feel much better today but this hate in my heart needs to be dealt with.

I really appreciate everyone's replies
Thank You!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.