bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stoned  (Read 4084 times)

prarrydog

Stoned
« on: July 08, 2006, 01:14:43 AM »

In biblical times the way that people were voted inton any kind of authority or office or position was with a ballot box.  The people would go in with a white and a black stone (pebble).  If they placed the black stone in the box this meant "rejected".  This is where the term "black-balled" came from.  If they placed the white stone in the box this meant "accepted" or "approved".  The reason I share this with you is this:

Rev 2:17  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

God bless

Chris R

Re: Stoned
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:44:19 AM »

Hi prarrydog

Wow, never noticed that before, thanks for the post!

Chris R

longhorn

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 08:53:11 AM »

Interesting stuff, Thanks Prarrydog.  When I saw the post subject "Stoned", I said to myself, now there's a subject I can relate too..... Just kidding. ;)

Peace in Christ

Longhorn

buddyjc

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 02:23:53 PM »

It's funny Longhorn, but I got the same picture when I saw the 'subject.'  Did you know that stubborn and rebellious children were stoned to death?

Deu 21:18  If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

Deu 21:19  Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

Deu 21:20  And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.

Deu 21:21  And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

I think our teenagers are relieved that we are no longer under the Law of Moses. 

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.