bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK Census.......  (Read 4255 times)

Myms

UK Census.......
« on: March 07, 2011, 06:23:52 PM »

Which one would you tick?
Question 20:
What is your religion?
1.   No religion
2.   Christian including Church of England, Catholic, Protestant and all other Christian denominations
3.   Buddhist
4.   Hindu
5.   Jewish
6.   Muslim
7.   Sikh
8.   any other religion – please state

No 1? But then I don’t consider my faith to be a religion!
No 2? Perhaps I could tick this one and then put a line through ‘including’ and write ‘excluding’ in neat writing above!
No 8?  ‘Ray Smith’s Cult’ perhaps?!

:D

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: UK Census.......
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 06:44:22 PM »

I like your idea for a modified answer of 2.   :D  

If this is a cult, it's an extremely poorly-run one.  Thank God.

Jas 1:27  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

If that's pure and undefiled religion, then I reckon every other religion is impure and defiled.  Why would I want to admit to following that to a census-taker?   ;D  I certainly don't want that on my permanant record.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

cheekie3

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 01:02:09 PM »

As these things do NOT allow for anything outside of the options; I recommend that you Tick 8, and if there is a possibility to add any comments, then state that you are a "disciple of Jesus Christ" but NOT as is commonly understand because the Teachers of these Christian Denominations do NOT Teach The Truth about Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

You could add that this is not a Religion but the Truth about Life, Light and Love as Revealed by Christ Jesus from Our Heavenly Father, the God of us all and of Jesus Christ His Beloved Son.

One good example of the errors Taught by Christian Teachers is that Jesus Christ is NOT the Saviour of the Whole World; and that Jesus will only Save a Few - contrary to the Truths of both The Old and New Covenant Scriptures that Jesus' Commission is to be "The Saviour of The World"; and Jesus never "Lies" nor "Fails".

After all, Jesus is the ONLY PERFECT MAN who committed NO SIN'; and the ONLY BEGOTTEN SON of Our Heavenly Father (and The only One to Have Ever Seen Our Father as He Truly Is).

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 04:08:58 PM »

I would choose number 1

Religion
Webster's Collegiate Dictionary traces the word back to an old Latin word religio meaning "taboo, restraint." A deeper study discovers the word comes from the two words re and ligare. Re is a prefix meaning "return," and ligare means "to bind;" in other words, "return to bondage."

I'm not bound anymore.

Craig

SDDiver

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:18:49 PM »

Yes Craig, great info! And given this new found insight I'd pick 1 too.

Btw - in the KJV the word "religion" only appears 5 times. 3 times the greek word is Ioudaïsmos (Judaism) and twice it is Thrēskeia, which according to the greek lexicon can also be translated Worship.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.