bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunami in Japan  (Read 6660 times)

Duane

Sunami in Japan
« on: March 14, 2011, 01:14:30 AM »

Does anyone notice that something is lacking in the sunami story in Japan?  No looting??

That would NEVER happen in the U.S.A. because there is a certain element of people that
use devastating crisis's like this as an "early Christmas" occasion, knowing that the police are
busy with emergency situations. 

A compliment to the Japanese culture.

santikos

Re: Sunami in Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 06:15:12 PM »

They will not cry victim either. They will unite and help eachother through this time of crisis. They will rebound and prevail. God help them.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »

A glorious affirmation Duane and santikos!

"Super mega water demon" is the interpretation of the word Tsunami in Japanese.....and the wonder of the Light of Christ, is the awaking of Love that is swept into realization that out of the darkness into the Light we believe that all things are delivered ~ Christ in you, the Light of the world....

Why does God need a mediator? L Ray Smith ~ latest audio Is Jesus God1.mp3....Adam said...God said...the SAME ""SAID"! ~  L Ray Smith.  Anybody got this thing figured out? ~ L Ray Smith.

As the Father knows me even so I know the Father. God is light, dwelling in light...in you and I.

So what's going on? L Ray Smith....In the beginning the all mighty Divine family created heaven and earth...so what's wrong with that? L Ray Smith

Joh 11:26  And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?   ~ Yes you do...

Arc

barrabus

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »

I was stunned to see how calm they were in such a crises... such a horrible situation... I'm sure that everyone that prays is praying for them... and it is evident in the way they are responding with such dignity... God is bringing out the best in them during the worst situation imaginable... I think we all can learn from their example...

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »

A compliment to the Japanese culture.

Barbarism lies in everyone and every culture.  Do a google on 'the rape of nanking' if your unfamiliar with it.
The Japanese culture wasn't quite so refined during WWII.  Regardless I agree that as a whole they have
acted with aplumb and grace in a terrible situation and we have no further back to look here than what
happened during Katrina to know how many Americans will act in a similar situation.

lauriellen

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 09:35:31 PM »

my grandfather was a prisoner of war in Japan during WWII and wrote of his captivity and torture at the hands of the Japanese. It was worse than barbaric....he held no grudge against the Japanese people in spite of his hellish captivity (they made the soldiers bury their live comrades at gunpoint, drove bamboo sticks under their fingernails, beat them mercilessly, and much much worse) ....he said that the Japanese government treated their own people worse than the pows..they were only doing what they were forsed to do.

but, on the other hand, i was discussing with my husband the same thing--lack of luting, complaining, rudeness, ect -- that i have not  seen displayed during this crisis--not any of the behavior displayed during Katrina on the news.

Vangie

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »

Lauriellen, it seems your Grandfather learned the secret of forgiveness.  We all can forgive, as every other person in our frame of existence is fulfilling their own destiny as designed by our Creator...we can strive to forgive as our own journeys are affected...what a small price for many joyful returns...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:04:31 PM by Vangie »

Duane

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »

I just can't fathom the living situation with thousands of dis-placed people all living together
in crowded conditions with little food and "creature comforts".
I remember the TOTAL MESS that the football stadium was left in by the occupants, to the point they had to tear it down and rebuild it.
I pray DAILY for these people--and now I learn that the grown food and water is contaminated
by the radioactivite particles.
Then I remember Ray's teaching that "God doesn't ALLOW these things to happen--He CAUSES
things to happen!" 
That gives me some comfort.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 05:42:51 AM »

Hey Moises ~ :)

I hear what you said.

1Jn 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

As a man thinketh is not as God thinks....How true the words that His thoughts are not ours for we sleep in a vale of death and God doesn’t sleep or die.
So...we shall be like Him when He appears. Before He appears we aren’t anything like Him at all. We are enclosed in our self identities, American, English and Pakistan and further closeted in our unanimous and false perceptions of death, sin, suffering and disease built upon a false world that idolizes death, manifesting what we think of ourselves which is as we think, not as He thinks.

Tip toeing through the Tulips....

Arc

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 02:27:00 AM »

moises, your post was one where i would have clicked the "like" key if we had it.  you are a special young brother.  the Scriptures arc posted were spot on. 

my heart physically aches when i see the media on the japanese disaster.  words cease to exist.  but, i know in my heart also that our Father God has indeed included this in His purpose.  even though it is almost incomprehensible. my human brain, even with all it's wondrous capabilities, cannot wrap itself around the awesomeness of His wonder to come when Christ Jesus returns.

claudia

acomplishedartis

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 05:21:00 AM »

Arcturus,
Thanks for your addition. We are in deed not yet appearing as we shall be. Still some are predestinated to die trying to get closer to what we shall be. Closer always better than further... right?
I saw your post regarding the last bitter email to Ray called ''your doctrines''. I think the answers to that email would fit good with this present thread.

So, the whole process of salvation in Gods sight is faster than in our sight, I guess is just a matter to hold on for a few years to get out of the water.

Claudia
thanks too for your comment. I can relate with everything you said.

Nationalities, races and external appearances does can confuse us more than we might think;
...there is poor people that live like having it all, and rich people that live like poors..., ...there is handsome persons that think to be ugly, and ugly that think that they are handsome..., there are many that pretend to be wise, but they are fools, and some that look like fools but they are wise...,, and etc., etc.,  

--(Have had those ideas on my mind lately and finally put them together.)

I used to like to write autobiography's of different seasons of my life, but since a year ago or more I no longer do it, I can't tell with certain the why of it, probably have found other things more important that talk about me and my personal experiences. Still, there are good stories I have never told, I have seen and live huge contrasts that would entertain minds for a good amount of time.
 No longer care. Good told stories and entertainment are already over rated. Sometimes I feel there is not enough time in my days to be able to stop and assimilate and try to grasp the scriptures explained already on the BT site.

Also, I have seen very harsh times of others lifes trough many documentaries and by sight, and all I think I can do (right now) about it is try to not make my style of living a huge shame of those whom live with too little.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:33:58 AM by Moises »

spiritman

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 02:48:59 AM »

I lived in Japan for 6 years, and I have to say, they are all that and more!  Actually, this is where I first came to understand the truth.  I was out evangelising one day when it just hit me like a ton of bricks.  I was asking these people to not only accept Christ, I was also telling them "Hey, this God of love I want you to accept, he is burning all your ancestors in Hell right now, but please repeat after me this short prayer and.......blah blah blah"  Ancestor worship is a very big part of Japanese culture, and it also was the vehicle God used to show me the truth!

Duane

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »

Spiritman...ya know, I never thought of that!  It doesn't seem very consistent--especially for the ancestors that never heard "the
good news"!

John from kentucky...when my father was in the Army in WW11, he told of the film after film of Japanese injustices and atrocities
they were invited to witness in preparation for going to war with them.  THEN, lo and behold, the WAR ended when they were half way to Japan.  The rest of the trip meant that the soldiers were now going to Japan to OCCUPY Japan for the purpose of RECONSTRUCTING the country.  The films now featured the VALUE and HISTORY of the Japanese culture!

My father was grieved when he saw the Japanese kids stealing food from the mess hall dumpsters.  The food spoiled and stunk.
Dad asked how they could eat food that stunk and the kids replied that they were starving and besides they weren't eating the SMELL!  Dad then got permission to start a food line for the people and later received national recognition for founding an orphanage.  The kids wrote to dad years AFTER the war and sent pix of their families and kids!  I was proud of him! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.