bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there ANYTHING left?  (Read 5865 times)

Duane

Is there ANYTHING left?
« on: March 14, 2011, 05:20:19 PM »

I am glad for this "board" because it allows me to write things, like the following, that I would
think would be a distraction/too "light" to the General Discussion board.

I wonder if any of you feel the same as I?  After a life in "the church of Babylon", is there
ANYTHING (belief) left that I was taught that I still believe?  One of the final Straws was
Harrelsons paper on the fallacy of the Trinity. 

That kind of ended the last of the "house of cards". 

What is left to do?  Either "just chuck it all" saying "I don't know or care any more--'cause
I can never really believe ANYONE--even my old respected "spiritual advisor" who is chocked full of the whole old spiritual scene- OR

as I choose, say:  Well, I guess I've got a whole lot of studying ahead of me because I have a
huge appetite for all the Bible knowledge written thru this web-site. I guess I feel "chosen"!

N

longhorn

Re: Is there ANYTHING left?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »

Only thing left at the church I attended is my empty pockets. 

Longhorn

santikos

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »

It's time to rebuild the house that crashed. "is there anything left?" just lots of time with nails and hammers and different spiritual tools, maybe some coffee to keep your eyelids open. You will miss the nail at times and smash your thumb, but that is why we have this forum. Enjoy your journey.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »

Hi Duane,

To me the church is a counterfeit or imitation and nothing about it is the real thing. While we were there we did not yet know the real thing, so we just tried to make do with this fake that could never possibly satisfy us. But once our eyes are opened and we are shown truth, then we see the church for the flimsy phony that it is.

But God has put us through the time in the church for good reason. We now have precious experience for comparison, a backdrop of darkness. We have been deceived as the whole world is and we can't deny it because we were right there in their midst. But now with this 'firsthand' knowledge of the church we can understand so many are deceived and duped, we know what the ministers of Satan really look like!

So now God has prepared us to know the enemy of Christ very well and it's priceless knowledge that we need to have to serve Him. He can move on to teach us the truth, we have much to learn, but not 'too' much for God to teach us  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

daywalker

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »

It's time to rebuild the house that crashed. "is there anything left?" just lots of time with nails and hammers and different spiritual tools, maybe some coffee to keep your eyelids open. You will miss the nail at times and smash your thumb, but that is why we have this forum. Enjoy your journey.

I don't think I could've put it any better. You "nailed" it!  :D

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:22 AM »

It's time to rebuild the house that crashed.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4561.0.html

barrabus

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »

Craig... excellent link ... made my day... thank you...

daywalker

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 05:50:41 PM »

It's time to rebuild the house that crashed.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4561.0.html

Wow.. that's awesome! I especially enjoyed the using Good Works to seal the cracks LOL

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »

The prodigal son evidently found enough to eat in the pig pen to keep him alive.  That's religion for me...arguing about who has the better pig-pen. 

Is there ANYTHING left?  You bet there is, and I've been out of church for more than 20 years.  GREAT is the fall.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.