bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everyone "raised" in the church?  (Read 11332 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Everyone "raised" in the church?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2011, 05:19:48 PM »

As Ray says, "You have to pay attention to all the words."  Here is my exact quote, "One human is absolutely worthless at converting another human."  One human.  Of course, if God uses us, all things are possible.  We can do all things through Jesus who lives His life in us.

Hi John,

I certainly can agree with the above statement, but the following one could actually be perceived as an insult to God the Father and our Savior, His Son...

We humans are truly, truly worthless in all things.

Mat 20:28  Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister and to give his life a ransom for many.

1Co 6:20  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

1Ti 2:6  Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

God would not pay such a high price for something that is "worthless" he sees our (God given spiritual) potential, sees the tall, strong tree while it is yet a tiny seed...

We certainly are unworthy, but according to His Word we are far from worthless...

Peace,

Joe

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2011, 07:25:01 PM »

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2011, 09:41:22 PM »

Hi John,

Sure, if you feel that the Father and Son worked all of this out for an "insignificant" reason (us), and that your fellow man is worthless who am I to attempt to reason with you or persuade you?

Christ humbled Himself, suffered a severe and painful death for insignificant worthlessness?

Do you have children? Do you have loved ones? Are they insignificant ants in your estimation only to be crushed at the feet of elephants? Are we not His children? Are we not "significant" enough to inherit His Kingdom? Sorry Brother, I can't speak for anyone else here but the God I know has provided for His creation who He appears to value greatly.

I have observed how casually you ignore scriptures that dispute your claims from time to time and if the scriptures are meaningless to you then I have to wonder what exactly is meaningful? Your own reasoning?

You may not value your brethren very much but please don't place your values as God's...

I would provide scriptures for every point I have made but it would not make any difference to you, you have shown that in the past and even in this thread. 

Take care,

Joe

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2011, 10:52:40 PM »

John in KY,

I commend your defense of God's sovereignty, and I understand what you are saying. What the others are saying is that it is the "worthless/insignificant" humans that God uses to accomplish His will. The humans are worthless when it comes to using their own strength, but they are not worthless as a whole, because they are the channels through which God works. A knife cannot on its own cut a loaf of bread, so it is worthless in that respect. But it's not altogether worthless because when in the hands of the baker, it performs an important task. As Ray said once,

"A malfunctioning, carnal-minded, God-hating, immoral, human slob is of great value to God."  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.