bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Request for Prayer  (Read 3534 times)

Hopeful

A Request for Prayer
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:09:14 PM »

Dear Members of Bible Truths Forum,

May I request one more prayer? I know that I started a thread a few days ago, but I have something else I wanted to ask. Can you please ask that God shed His love for all mankind in my heart? I've been feeling gloomy lately, and less loving towards my fellow men. I worry about this.

I'm sorry for being so needy when there are so many who need you and God more than I do.  :-[

Nan

Re: A Request for Prayer
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »

Will pray for you.

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:46:25 PM »

Hi Hopeful.
Your request is a deserving one, it is refreshing in what we believe, in how God loves us all.
Jonah learned a lesson it would profit many preachers around the world to take to their hearts.

Jonah 4:9-11
And God said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry for the gourd? And he said, I do well to be angry, even unto the death.
Then said the Lord, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, for the which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came up in a night, and perished in a night:
And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

Joel

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 05:49:37 AM »

Hey there Abednego

Just wanted to say Hi!

I enjoy your mirror image icon!

Blessings to you ~ Mishach aka

Arc! :)

Samson

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »

Hi Hopeful,

My prayers go out in your behalf ! No need to apologize, there's immeasurable stress(physical, emotional & spiritual) approaching from many directions. We don't need to look or seek for it, it will find us. God knows what We need in order to prune us. It often seems that God is doing a strange work, strange to us, but He has the whole thing figured out in advance. I can appreciate feeling gloomy, battling depression at different times throughout my life. Insufficient Sunlight(SAD) is usually the cause in my case. I appreciate the arrival of Spring with longer days and a higher intensity of Sunlight.

I know it's difficult, but try to look at Mankind as a product of CAUSES(Environmental & Genetic) that leads to the CHOICES they make. God is the Author of every choice they make and will make, whether directly or indirectly(others in the plan that directly cause these choices; Satan, Peers, etc.). When you look at them in this manner, it's easier, at least on some level to tolerate the things they say & do, realizing the origin of why they are the way they are. Also, We can look at ourselves inwardly(Judging ourselves) concluding that We have flaws that others see in us and that can help us have a balanced perspective. Comparing the list(s)  the Fruitage of God's Spirit in comparison with the Works of the Flesh(Galatians chapter 5) can assist in this endeavor, always praying to God that He gives us the DESIRE to make changes and pray for the process of Him doing a work in Us during the present Age(Our Lifetime).

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.