bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's next for the body of Christ?  (Read 4398 times)

orion77

What's next for the body of Christ?
« on: March 21, 2006, 12:42:51 AM »

What to you all is an all important task for the body of Christ.  Once we have moved onto maturity, feeding on the meat of the word, worshiping in spirit and truth through much suffering and experiencing the joy of the Lord.  All of these listed above are to be constant and consistent in our lives God gave us, along with humility, thankfulness and praise.  In your heart of hearts, what is the spirit pressing on you to fulfill?

What I see, because He loved us first, is to love each other as He loves us.  I am very thankful for Ray, Mike and the people involved in this forum to have a place where we can share our thoughts with like minded believers.  We must truly follow Jesus, not in mere words, but in action.  And love is everything I see in Him.  It's His character, being and persona.

As we all know in each of our lives, for Him to love and forgive a one such as me is a miracle indeed!  For us to grow and grow to become more and more like Him with the love, forgiveness, mercy, patience and longsuffering that He is, seems to be our ultimate goal, our reason for being, the direction in which we are being created.

If you all agree with this or have other thoughts, I would like to hear them.

God bless you all.

Gary

roperfam

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 01:02:10 AM »

I agree.  Love, it's all about love.  I've been drawn to 2 Corinthians today, and hee are a few verses that have spoke to me today.

2Co 5:18  And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Christ, and has appointed us to serve in the ministry of reconciliation.

2Co 5:19  We are to tell how God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not charging men's transgressions to their account, and that He has entrusted to us the Message of this reconciliation.

2Co 1:4  He comforts us in our every affliction so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any kind of affliction by means of the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

2Co 1:6  But if, on the one hand, we are enduring affliction, it is for your comfort and salvation; ...

2Co 2:15  For we are a fragrance of Christ grateful to God in those whom He is saving and in those who are perishing;

2Co 4:10  always, wherever we go, carrying with us in our bodies the putting to death of Jesus, so that in our bodies it may also be clearly shown that Jesus lives.

2Co 4:15  For everything is for your sakes, in order that grace, being more richly bestowed because of the thanksgivings of the increased number, may more and more promote the glory of God.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:15:59 AM »

Hello Gary and Laren,
 I too agree with each of you and as we have been going through the study on Revelation that Rob and Mike recently finished up and posted I sort of took a peek last night at the "conclusion"paper at the end of the series and it kinda goes along with this thread so if you folks haven't had a chance to look at it yet please do so and I'm sure it will bless you as it did me. It helped me to see exactly where we are, where we will remain and what  we can expect to go through in our lifetime and the promise of those that remain faithful to the end.
Here is the link:  http://dakotaland.homelinux.com/rev_con.html

Keep enduring,Tim

orion77

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 05:54:40 PM »

Tim, I've been reading the revelation series on Mikes site, when I have time.  I am on chapter 10 now.  Amazing stuff!!!  By reading this, I now understand the many things that have happened, that I could not understand, but thankfully now I do.  Thanks brother.

God bless

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.