bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum Anniversary  (Read 6657 times)

gmik

Forum Anniversary
« on: March 28, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »

March 15, 2006 I joined the forum!!!   

I cannot believe how time flies!  In all these 5 years I have not found anything that comes close to Ray's teachings, nor have I ever regretted leaving Babylon.

Have things been so easy?  No, especially w/ family and friends- they just aren't that interested or think I have joined the ranks of heretic.

My husband and youngest son are my only fellowship other than this forum. (and i know that is a big blessing)  My other 2 children do not believe as we do.

5 years ago I would have thought I would have "evangelized" at least a few people!!  Its not me anyway- its God's plan and will on who he drags and who he doesn't.  So I can have peace.

So many people have come and gone, and I don't post near as often now, but this is still my "safe" place and refuge from the world.  I am blessed to have attended a couple of conferences and have met Ray and some of the wonderful people on the forum.

I always learn something everytime I check in..from someones posts, or reading new transcripts from Rays bible studies, or the on website re-reading Rays papers.

God Bless all of you that come to learn more of God's Unconditional Love.

From your Sis in the Lord,
gena

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Forum Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »

God bless you, Gena.  You've been one of my favorite members since I joined the forum, and were one of the ones who 'convinced' me (without trying or knowing) that it might be OK to do so. 

Paul said it this way:  Rom 1:10-12  ...making request, if by any means now at length I might have a prosperous journey by the will of God to come unto you.  For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established; That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

I reckon this is the 'means' we have.  I'm so glad the Lord has allowed us to be together in this way.

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

lostANDfound

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 05:59:21 PM »

i second-hand enjoyed your special moment, you two!! 

Linny

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:42 PM »

Hi Gena! SO many things you said ring true for me also. I just had my 3rd anniversary in January and am also so thankful to be here with all of you.
I too figured many would have come along on this ride with us (I also have my husband with me). But the few I have shared this with have not been interested at all. At least they have not fled from us.
It is an amazing thing to know this truth and be free!
Happy Anniversary Gena!

Lin

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 12:32:31 PM »

March 15, 2006 I joined the forum!!!   

So many people have come and gone, and I don't post near as often now, but this is still my "safe" place and refuge from the world.  I am blessed to have attended a couple of conferences and have met Ray and some of the wonderful people on the forum.

gena

Hi Gena and happy anniversary!

I understand how you feel and I am delighted you are still here.  I joined the forum after attending the 2006 Mobile Conference, although I had "stumbled" upon the BT website a year prior.  It is truly a blessing to be part of this amazing learning experience and to have the joy of meeting others who are being blessed likewise. :)

René 

Kat

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 04:22:17 PM »

Hi Gena,

I too joined later in '06. It sure doesn't seem like that long in some ways, but then the old church days and that way of believing do seem a lifetime ago. It is always good to see your name on the boards and I always like to see what you have to say in your posts.

It's a personal journey we each take and even though we may live long distances apart, we are unitified in the spirit and have a close connection because of it.

So glad you have remained with us  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

gmik

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 07:34:29 PM »

:-* :-* :-*

thank you all for your comments-  so sweet!!

I appreciate all of you, lurkers and all.... :D

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 08:37:58 PM »

Well I joined when Dennis started the Yahoo group, I think in Mid-late 2003.  After 4 or 5 months I could see Dennis had his work cut out for him and volunteered to help out.  I'm still amazed to see where God has brought me.  I've seen the ups and downs here and even thought about giving up, but I stayed to see the forum and members mature and it is a great place.  My vision for the forum was a refuge from the fighting and debating on the internet.  I believe we've been pretty successful, thank God for that.

I am blessed to see the older members have matured and grounded in their beliefs and how they are able to help out the new ones with questions I've seen asked hundreds of times :D  People are kind to each other and act like a family, we don't always agree with each other and sometimes we don't even like each other but we all have each others back. 

Everyone is so well behaved that my bullet is getting rusty.

Craig

Samson

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 09:25:39 PM »

Well I joined when Dennis started the Yahoo group, I think in Mid-late 2003.  After 4 or 5 months I could see Dennis had his work cut out for him and volunteered to help out.  I'm still amazed to see where God has brought me.  I've seen the ups and downs here and even thought about giving up, but I stayed to see the forum and members mature and it is a great place.  My vision for the forum was a refuge from the fighting and debating on the internet.  I believe we've been pretty successful, thank God for that.

I am blessed to see the older members have matured and grounded in their beliefs and how they are able to help out the new ones with questions I've seen asked hundreds of times :D  People are kind to each other and act like a family, we don't always agree with each other and sometimes we don't even like each other but we all have each others back. 

Craig

Yes, it's been quite a journey for me too and a miracle in itself that I ended up here, being the Skeptic. Having My Wife believing the essentials and even My Mother-In-Law starting to see some of these Truths is encouraging. As I told Lauri Callicoat Gaynor on a Facebook message response the other day, with all this knowledge attained & understanding about God's Sovereignty & Man Not possessing Free Will: " I still wonder at different moments, what the heck is God doing & why does He do things the way in which He does them, thinking in retrospect, I have no idea." My Mother In Law's response was: " Because He Can." Sounds simplistic, but fact. This whole experience We Live called Life is perplexing at times.

It's a pleasure that We rarely experience fighting or ugly debating at this Site anymore. If a Person desires that type of situation, I'm sure there are plenty of places for them to go find Strife, Bickering, Backbiting and the like, they can take their pick, plenty of choices. Thanks for starting this Thread Gena and Happy Bible-Truths Forum Anniversary.

Kind Regards, Samson.

Roy Coates

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »

A fellow Michigander, happy to be here and happy your(all) here too. Happy anniversary Gena

G. Driggs

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 12:54:34 AM »

Happy anniversary Gena. Many more to come. :)

G.Driggs

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 06:32:24 AM »

Quote from: Abednego on Yesterday at 07:02:32 PM
I'm not big with the questions, but I'm still studying.  There is so much to pick through here.  I don't imagine I'll have a question that hasn't been asked here before.  It really gave me a good feeling to read Craig's post.
Quote from: Craig on Yesterday at 06:37:58 PM
And this was great beyond words...... 

Hi Abednego

What you say is right on the switch of light on! Craig.... IS a good feeling! I do not know Craig any other way. An elixir of temperate persuasion that brings coherence to insanity and sublime wisdom to foolishness.

I used to look at a poster and just like throwing a switch,  immediately got a "feeling" for the one posting. Like, get the bullet proof vest, or saddle up and get the lance, baton and chainsaw.  Grrrrrrr..... This effect has matured into lower the gate and let the soldier through to rest his or her weary efforts and usher the rider to the sanctuary of warm rest and benevolence into the golden silence that embraces with light the welcome without offence, the understanding without comment and the acceptance without applause or public notifications.

Just read some of the threads that sound like the galloping of thunderous hooves of apocalyptic riders and then go to the end of the thread where  peace has thrown a blanket over the riders who are all huddled together around the camp fire where batons, lances and chain saws have turned into sticks carrying marshmallows on the ends being dipped into the fire, and laughter is lighting up the faces of grateful content and tear streaked faces making the path through the dust on our cheeks we can whisper in love of affirmations spoken throughout the BTF...saying ohh...thank you...I could not have found that light of clarity anywhere else but here in BTF!

I’ll share my marshmallows on a twig with any of you any time G. and Co. 

Arc

gmik

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 12:39:42 AM »

Arc...what an awesome picture...you put things so well! :-*

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 06:36:31 AM »

...and you receive love so well dearest Gina! x

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 02:44:11 AM »

Hey Gina!
I believe you and your husband were the first people I met at the 2008 nashville conference, my first conference.
Thanks for making me feel welcome! ;D

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

gmik

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 04:22:44 PM »

Hi Antaiwan....I do remember!!!  Wasn't that a fun weekend. Hey, we didn't hardly knwo anyone so you made us feel just as welcome.  I always like a face with a name on the forum!

Duane

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »

Jealousy isn't one of my traits, but in this case I DO feel jealous that these yearly SEMINARS
take place and you all get to meet each other in person and here I am KNOWING i'll never be able to attend one!  OUCH!
Thanx to Kat, I am enjoying a long study of one of the earlier seminars--SO THERE!!

cjwood

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 04:28:03 AM »

you could always practice shooting yourself in the foot with it!   :D    sorry craig, had to go off topic a sec.  btw, i love to watch the andy griffith show.  actually, i am getting to prefer tvland channel over many current ones.

claudia

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »

cjwood

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 12:59:46 AM »

gracias craig!

claudia
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.