bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: He wants to what?!  (Read 11953 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
He wants to what?!
« on: March 29, 2011, 04:55:27 AM »

"To me some of these things are just incomprehensible. How does the Creator of this (galaxy), this is only one of another about 100 billion of these… what kind of a Creature, what kind of Being, what kind of a Creator is this? I’ll tell you what kind of a Creature, HE WANTS TO HUG YOU!"

"Who thinks about these things? Well we should, we should think about them. If you feel estranged to God, then you should start thinking, ‘wait a minute, He wants to hug me, He wants to hold me.’ Okay? I mean, not literally, but with the same compassion and emotion. Spiritually He wants to hug us and THIS IS NOT SOMEBODY TO BE FEARED!"

God wants to hug me :D

<3 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edit: The source for my two quotes http://bible-truths.com/audio/IsJesusGod2.mp3 :P

If you havn't listened to these recent audios from march, YOU SHOULD! IT IS AMAZING! When ray asked, "Who here has had a conversation with the Father?" I just wanted to scream, I DO! I TALK TO HIM, not that I hear Him talk back or anything, but i know He hears me :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:57:37 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: He wants to what?!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »

What? God kicks the living stuffing out of us and then he wants to hug us? Sounds a little contradictory doesn't it?

Let's say your two year-old child repeatedly does something that is dangerous and you must discipline him in some way that ensures he gets the message.

So, he's enduring his correction and is crying and is very unhappy.

Do you hug him? No, you do not hug him. That sends a mixed message and he will not learn anything and could end up injured or even dead.

But while he is crying and in despair, you as his parent want to hug him. But you do not comfort him because it is not in his best interest. You hug him after he has leaned his lesson.

I'm anticipating a lot of hugs, someday.

lauriellen

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 11:16:00 AM »

thanks for that insight Dennis---that explains alot why i am not 'feelin the love' right now.....but someday......=)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »

Well I can't speak from personal experience since i'm not father or parent myself but, I do think God hugs when we need Him most or are feeling down and hurt really bad. I think God is so filled with Love that when He sees us in so much pain, He can't help but hug us! Thats just how I feel. I Know if someone was hurt or crying really bad that I wouldn't be able to stand the sight of them in so much pain that the only thing I could do would be to show them love and what better way than a hug? Regardless if I want them to learn a lesson or not. I just can't see myself being the only reason I feel this way, but rather that it comes from someone who is filled with alot more love and compassion than I could ever imagine.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 12:08:56 PM »

God does not beat us and immediately comfort/hug us.

Everyone who goes through the lake of fire in this life will feel forsaken at some point.

I used that example because God likens us to little children.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

It's not hard to feel God's love when things are going fairly well. But when God decides it's time for you to learn a lesson, you will not be happy with God or what He is putting you through.

I know there are members here going through very hard times and could use just a little joy. But they are not getting it, at least not yet.

And there are some here who have endured chastisement and would not sell their hard fought wisdom for all the money in the world.

God comforts you when it's time and in your best interest.

Ireland

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 12:40:26 PM »

You are right Dennis, at least in my experiences. When I was younger a sense of emotion and feelings was closely associated with my walk with God. It seems as I age and go through more trials there are fewer feelings of love etc. and more a sense of longing for his return. I know we must endure, but boy is it impossible without his doing. Some will not agree with this, but that is OK because we are all at different stages. At least for me this life seems to be full of much sorrow wrapped around a few moments of joy. Good day to all here.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:43:02 PM by Ireland »

santikos

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 01:02:35 PM »

some have a past and/or a present that allows them to not learn how to be loved. I believe we must learn how to be loved just like we learn to love. sometimes we must just slow down and sit on our Heavenly Father's lap. Ray said he wants to hug us. what a great truth, the question is do you want to be hugged or do you get squimesh because of your past or present? Just rest on his lap and be loved.

Kat

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 03:11:08 PM »

Do not confuse God not hugging us while He is chastizing us with His not loving us. God ALWAYS loves us, even durning correction. We must go through some difficult things, but not because God is mad at us. These are necessary things for our preparation, but He loves us always.

Eph 2:4 yet God, being rich in mercy, because of His vast love with which He loves us.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

GaryK

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 04:00:12 PM »

I hope you're right Dennis because at this point in life, and I know I'm not alone (just perhaps one of a few who will actually admit it), at this point my hatred against God ebbs and flows from day to day, some days weak, some days intense.  Purposeful?  Don't know.  Doesn't seem to be.  Is there anything that 'we' do that isn't in his plan, including how our emotions peak and valley?  You tell me, because, my sight grows dim and 'my' faith is probably at it's lowest point ever.    Ray speaks of hatred against God.  I've read it.   Don't know if I care to read it again since looking in that mirror is goulish, and that's putting it mildly.    I hear Ray, and you, and others.  It all makes sense and it fits, awkwardly in a way, but it still makes sense.  But I don't understand God.  As for the 'comfort in best interest and time', how does one take that without a grain of salt when.....'looking backwards'......as Ray teaches, one doesn't see downed and burned trees, forests and mountains turned to valleys, or slick grassy roads with roses on each side, etc,....but sees a path of destruction that has wound it way for years of years without re-construction and the road forward seems just more of the same based on the history of the road travelled?    You know what I mean, circumstances beget circumstances, and all at the helm of God's control.  How does one get happy about the 'race' that Paul says run?  Should we just be happy that god beats the h#ll out of us on and on and just simply smile and say "oh, but can't you just FEEL the love?".  Bull.  Sounds like church crap. 

From a 'hugging' God?   I challenge that (at this time).   

I'm not talking of just myself, but yes that too. 

I'm also talking about those who were born without EVER having a chance of anything good.  Bad health.  Bad mental capacity.  Bad side of the world to be born in, etc etc etc. 

And we have 'us'....those who have been given the opportunity to read the blessings of Ray's insighted gifting, when all in all, we're no better than anyone, Ray or no Ray, God or no God.  Dust to dust.  Period. 

Don't take me wrong please, I cherish Ray and his blessings from god and to us, and I pray I never turn those books to dust boxes, but still....after years and years of wondering and wandering, it's time for this 'hugging' god who 'gives in due time and comfort' to cut a few breaks for a breath of fresh air.   (and not to mention Ray who he, himself, is a shining lamp to others, never complaining and full of faith, considering what he and his family has, and is, going through)

God I'm so da#@ grim, but, I speak truth.

Dennis, I appreciate your postings on the topic especially that you don't flower it, you just tell the truth.

So and but, all these 'blessings' from a 'hugging' God?

I'll say it like I say it to God just about every single day over mine and his (minus him) cups of coffee:  'cut me (and a whole bunch of others) some slack'.

Samson

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 04:16:46 PM »

Everyone who goes through the lake of fire in this life will feel forsaken at some point.

I used that example because God likens us to little children.

Heb 12:5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Heb 12:6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Heb 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons.

It's not hard to feel God's love when things are going fairly well. But when God decides it's time for you to learn a lesson, you will not be happy with God or what He is putting you through.

I know there are members here going through very hard times and could use just a little joy. But they are not getting it, at least not yet.

And there are some here who have endured chastisement and would not sell their hard fought wisdom for all the money in the world.

Hi Dennis & Kat,

I've been following this Thread and will direct My response mostly to Dennis and secondly to Kat. Great responses. Dennis your two Posts, especially this one Hit the nail on the head. My Mother-Law-In is going through much difficulty with past family events & current ones that have & are emotionally abusing Her, so I read Your responses regarding Scourging & chastening accompanied by Your example of a Parent correcting their Children. Also, Our not feeling Joy & not liking what God's doing to us when things are not going well and Kat reassuring us that He still Loves us during these stressful experiences.

You don't Post much Dennis, but that's just what My Mother-In-Law and I needed to hear. An Amen to You !

Thanks, Samson.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »

I don't  know, I mean I do agree with you Dennis, He does teach us things and in those moments of teaching and chastizing He does do just that with no hugs or kisses so that we may learn and grow more like Him. I think I Just feel that when a child cries, or a grown man cries, or a woman cries, that Jesus is right there beside them, crying with them too. When Jesus saw Jerusalem, He wept didn't He?  I don't know.. thats just how I see how close He is to us, like when ray in one of His papers asked, "Before the scene of a crime, is God there? Is God at the scene of where a woman is going to be raped?" (of course i paraphrased that :o) I mean and ray put it, that Hes there, Hes everywhere, Hes right there with us in the thick and fog of war. I find that comforting, I find that to be a sp iritual hug of sorts, to know when im down and out, absolutely broken and destroyed that God feels all my pain, that Hes right there with me crying too. It makes me feel really close to Him when I look at it that way. Hes not blind nor deaf to our pains and suffering and the things He puts us through. And im not saying that youre saying He doesn't feel our pain, I'm just saying.. lol xD

Kat

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2011, 07:55:30 PM »

Hi gk,

We should realize that we are only in the first part of God's plan. We are in this church age and a time of learning from an evil experience.

I'm also talking about those who were born without EVER having a chance of anything good.  Bad health.  Bad mental capacity.  Bad side of the world to be born in, etc etc etc. 

This is all part of this time in the human experience, the first part of God's plan for us. Do you know what He has in store for these in the next age? Do you think that He can not, will not or won't right these wrongs?

I have absolute complete trust that He will see to it that every single person will be compensated in the most exacting degree for what they lived/experienced in this life. It seems to me if a person lived a life doing wickedness, they can expect to go through some tormenting correction. But if a person was a victim to much injustice or circumstances they could not overcome, do you not think they will be shown much mercy in the age to come by God? I DO, I believe He will totally right all wrongs as only He can do.

Pesonally I think things will be flipped around in the next age, "many who are first will be last, and the last first." Whatever God has planned it will be just and it will be precisely what is necessary to deal with every individual according to His great wisdom.

Those that shake their puny fist at God now, is only because of their ingorance about God's plan and what He can and will do.

Rev 22:11  Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy."
v. 12  "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done.
v. 13  I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Ireland

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »

Good thread. lilitalienboi it is good to see you posting. I remember you from a couple of years ago. You seem very sincere and tender hearted towards God. Praise him for that. GK - I understand your post very well. Take heart you are not alone. Like many here I have been awakened by God and the truth for many years and yet I too am going through some really empty times lately. I know we all have these trials etc., but it is really humbling to feel almost like the darkness is prevailing. Your post GK actually encouraged me by your honesty and openess. I hope you will be encouraged soon by some circumstance that the Father arranges just to bless you. Thanks to all for sharing whether it is through a time of great strength or maybe a time of despair. It is all of God.

Joel

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2011, 11:26:40 PM »

Jesus said this, even to those that rejected him.
Matthew 23:37
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem,
thou that killest the prophets,
and stonest them which are sent unto thee,
HOW OFTEN WOULD I HAVE GATHERED THY CHILDREN TOGETHER,
EVEN AS A HEN GATHERETH HER CHICKENS UNDER HER WINGS,
AND YE WOULD NOT!

I pray that I may be ever thankful to God for the abundance of all things. See Deuteronomy 28:47
I feel spiritual hugs sometimes when I log in and read the TRUTHS that so many don't see, are blind to and cast aside.

Joel
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 07:31:46 AM by Joel »

Marky Mark

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »

So and but, all these 'blessings' from a 'hugging' God?

I'll say it like I say it to God just about every single day over mine and his (minus him) cups of coffee:  'cut me (and a whole bunch of others) some slack'.

Hello Gary. Here is the short of it... if you will...

2Ti 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny [him], he also will deny us:

Rom 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Joh 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Tit 2:11  For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12  Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

2Co 1:3  Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
2Co 1:4  Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
2Co 1:5  For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.
2Co 1:6  And whether we be afflicted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, [it is] for your consolation and salvation. 2Co 1:7  And our hope of you [is] stedfast, knowing, that as ye are partakers of the sufferings, so shall ye be also of the consolation.
2Co 1:8  For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
2Co 1:9  But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
2Co 1:10  Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

Col 1:23  If you keep yourselves safely based in the faith, not moved from the hope of the good news which came to you, and which was given to every living being under heaven; of which I, Paul, was made a servant.
Col 1:24  Now I have joy in my pain because of you, and in my flesh I undergo whatever is still needed to make the sorrows of Christ complete, for the salvation of his body, the church;

Peace...Mark

Kat

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 01:09:33 PM »

Hi Mark,

That is a good line up of Scriptures on how the chosen must endure "chastening," except for the Rom 1:18.

Rom 1:18  For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Not sure if you were just using this Scripture with "wrath" as a contrast? But just wanted to make it clear, the chosen are "not appointed to wrath."

1Th 5:9  For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Rom 5:8  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Rom 5:9  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 01:32:58 PM by Kat »

Marky Mark

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »

Not sure if you were just using this Scripture with "wrath" as a contrast? But just wanted to make it clear, the chosen are "not appointed to wrath" at this time.

Hello Kat.

Yes,that verse was to be used for contrast for the unbeliever who may be reading the post. But we must all take heed that not any one of us know who are of the elect and that we should always be aware that God does the choosing and not any one of us has a say in the matter.

Joh 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:

1Co 10:12  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1Co 9:24  Do you not see that in a running competition all take part, but only one gets the reward? So let your minds be fixed on the reward.
1Co 9:25  And every man who takes part in the sports has self-control in all things. Now they do it to get a crown which is of this world, but we for an eternal crown.
1Co 9:26  So then I am running, not uncertainly; so I am fighting, not as one who gives blows in the air:
1Co 9:27  But I give blows to my body, and keep it under control, for fear that, after having given the good news to others, I myself might not have God's approval. 

1Th 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1Pe 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Peace...Mark

GaryK

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 06:39:51 PM »

Those that shake their puny fist at God now, is only because of their ingorance about God's plan and what He can and will do.

Hi Kat and Mark,

Whelp Kat, you’re not the first one to tell me I’m shaking my puny fist (again) at god, and reminding me of

“ Who [is] this -- darkening counsel, By words without knowledge?"

But yes, I DO, do that. 

And in a way I suppose one could look at my fist-shaking at god in the same way as when the Israelites reacted and felt when God took them from slavery to the wilderness, but toward the promising.  They shook their fists too, and rebelled as well, because of a non-understanding and faith-loss.   A loss in their comfort zone stirred them to a wild frenzy.  Didn’t they raise their fists too?

But isn’t that what God does to us (all) when calling us out?  Isn’t that the path?  A rather lonely and disoriented walk ‘toward’ him, making us (forcing us) to leave our comfort zone for something better, even though we may not readily see (lose faith at times) in the end by way of the means, all while he’s grinding our idols to powder?  I see a comfort zone as an idol.   Isn’t that how we turn and look back?   I guess he hasn’t gotten me to the point where I can yet turn and see from whence I came.  And for all I know that may be in the next life.

At least one can take comfort in knowing they needn’t endure 400 years of my puny fist shaking.

And to both Kat and Mark,

I appreciate your words, they’re not wasted.

If one loses faith, all-told, I see it only as what he has pre-scribed from the beginning, since free-will is not an option.   If it’s true for me, my ‘expectation’ will not be from ignorance, because, he’s showing me the difference NOW.   But if I do lose faith, the shame of it will be the hand on the plough and looking back.  A fitting torment, I suppose.  Who am I that he should ‘change’ his plan?

I figure he’ll shut me up in due time, just as Dennis has pointed out.

But until he does, I’ll plead, beg and desire mercy and justice for those who have less whether out of ignorance or not.   My heart goes out to those who walk with a limp, or disfigurement, or incapable of sight, or hearing, being born of such.  My heart goes out to helpless animals tortured, or human beings left in abandonment and disregard for no reason other than, God himself, felt it fitting to create circumstances that prospered the development of someone so disturbed as to take pleasure in placing others in harm’s way for nothing other than temporary pleasure.

Sometimes their ‘recompense’ seems too far off for my taste.  Perhaps God may need help in bringing justice a bit faster.

Nonetheless, I doubt seriously that I’m the only one who has shaken a puny fist at God.  Others have too, just in silence, but, it’s all in the heart. 

This is all part of this time in the human experience, the first part of God's plan for us. Do you know what He has in store for these in the next age? Do you think that He can not, will not or won't right these wrongs?  Pesonally I think things will be flipped around in the next age, "many who are first will be last, and the last first." Whatever God has planned it will be just and it will be precisely what is necessary to deal with every individual according to His great wisdom.

Do I think he can’t, or won’t?   I haven’t gone so far wayward, yet, where I’ve forgotten of the promise that he will set things right.  So, I believe he can, and will.

The ‘flipped around’ is interesting.  Admittedly, I haven’t looked at it quite that way, or at least not in the sense of blessings, if that’s what you mean.    I know there will be those who are greater in the kingdom, of course, but at the expense of others?  If that’s true, then, how will that work with ‘no more tears’?  >>>> more for some and less for others (since they’ve already experienced blessings in this life whether they actually knew it, had it or not)?   

I appreciate you both.

gk

Kat

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 10:59:56 PM »

Hi Mark,

Yes none of us has any part in the choosing and we can not work up a love for this truth for ourself, it all must be given us. But when we have our eyes opened, when we see the fruit of the Holy Spirit being developed in us, can we not know we are in the race? Paul did not beat around the bush when he was talking to believers about who they were and what they were chosen for.

1Peter 2:9  But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
v. 10  who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.

Hi gk,

I do understand about getting discouraged and looking around at the evil of this world is really disheartening. Before I knew this truth it was so disturbing seeing what seemed to be so much pointless tragedies and sufferings. But knowing the truth should help us look at things differently now. This is all temporary, but a moment in time.

James 4:14  whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

I see this age as a dark backdrop, a time in while this world is learning about evil through experience. What seems to be way too much wickedness and suffering, is actually all framed and limited by how God designed things. There are those that were created to be vessels of dishonor (2 Tim 2:20), they now do desire to do evil.

Isa 59:7  Their feet run to evil,
       And they make haste to shed innocent blood;
       Their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity;
       Wasting and destruction are in their paths.
v. 8  The way of peace they have not known,
       And there is no justice in their ways;
       They have made themselves crooked paths;
       Whoever takes that way shall not know peace.

There is a purpose for this, we must all experience evil and there needs to be those that bring that about. It's not exactly as it seems to be, where human beings seem to suffer without any limits at all. Pain actually is very much limited, as a person will pass out at some point of suffering, that is built in and automatic. If our bodies have to much abuse it will die and all suffering at that point does cease. So suffering can only reach a certain point and can not last beyond that.

I think that it is very hard to see beyond this suffering and think of it as having a useful purpose. But it does give us a backdrop from which we can contrast things with. It takes our having knowledge of evil to fully understand God's goodness. Here is a excerpt from article no. 6.

http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html ------------------------

Everything in the universe is a contrast with or to something else in the universe. Nothing can be known about anything without contrasting it with other things. You cannot think a thought nor can you perform a deed without a working knowledge of these contrasting factors.
v
v
Things are heavy or light, sharp or dull, big or small, tall or short, strong or weak, hot or cold, left or right, north or south, in or out, new or old, beginning or end, fast or slow, fat or skinny, straight or crooked, up or down, high or low, moving or still, positive or negative, visible or invisible, etc. You get the idea. Now then, this same law of knowledge pertains to inanimate things and things of a spiritual nature as well. Again it is only by understanding one thing relative to another or one thing contrasted with another that enables us to intelligently communicate and live our lives. Let’s look at a few of these: happy or sad, giving or stingy, build or destroy, kind or cruel, energetic or lazy, haughty or humble, intelligent or stupid, wise or foolish, right or wrong, true or false, good or evil, righteous or wicked, love or hate, life or death, temporary or eternal.

Having a working knowledge of these relative and contrasting terms and concepts is absolutely essential in living our lives. We must all come to know and to experience both good and evil. The universal teaching that God "never intended" for man to eat of "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil" is as false and unscriptural as anything could ever be. It was both essential and paramount that man should eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Knowledge of both good and evil is an attribute of God Himself. If we are to be the "sons of God," we too must partake of this quality of God’s nature. How could man ever be fully made into the very image of His Creator God if he did not possess even the basic fundamental attributes of his Creator and Father?
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Now of course we are sad to see the suffering of others and I think it is necessary to feel compassion and mercy for others.

Col 3:12  Put on therefore, as God's elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering;

We are being made into His image and these are most definitely traits of our Father in heaven.

Lam 3:22  The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end;

But we must not take our sorrow for all this present suffering too far and look on our Father as wrong or mean or whatever, because we can't comprehend the fullness of what He is doing. We should always keep in mind that He is perfect in wisdom and everything that He does is right and good whether we understand it or not. I pray He will grant you this peace and ease your mind.

Col 3:15  And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body; and be ye thankful.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2011, 01:57:21 PM »

Hello Gary. I am hopeful in your condition that the Lord brings about the Spiritual guidance in which you speak of.My prayers are with you brother.

Hi Mark,

Yes none of us has any part in the choosing and we can not work up a love for this truth for ourself, it all must be given us. But when we have our eyes opened, when we see the fruit of the Holy Spirit being developed in us, can we not know we are in the race? Paul did not beat around the bush when he was talking to believers about who they were and what they were chosen for.

Hi Kat.

There is more to being in the race,we must also win that race by being faithful to the end.If we do not live by every word of Christ within ourselves we will fail to finish the race and our reward will vanish.

Deu 8:3  And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.

Mat 4:4  But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Rev 1:3  Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Not an easy order to live by,but none the less, we must do all that Christ commands of us in order to be accounted worthy of His kingdom. I for one struggle daily for these words to ring true in my life and being a realist,I know that without Jesus in me, I will fail miserably.

Yes we can and do know that our Spiritual journey consists of a Spiritual race.We all must run this race like our lives depend on it,because it surely does. I certainly hope and pray that I can be accounted as one of the few chosen and faithful to the end, as Scripture points out,but that outcome only God knows. When I experience the trails and tribulations in my life living daily for Jesus and what that all involves,which is of course,dying daily to self[that old man],it most assuredly is a lot of work which needs to be accomplished within. But to be chosen and to receive Christ's words is not enough to be elected,as Judas found out.

Luk 6:13 And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

1Pe 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

It takes Gods will to finish the race in all of us and there is nothing that I can do to change Gods will. All is of and for The Father whose plan and purpose is perfect in every way. Praise be to God.

Peace...Mark

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.