bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inspiration and Motivation  (Read 4149 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Inspiration and Motivation
« on: March 31, 2011, 01:43:30 AM »

The number one thing that seems to push me is the desire to refute all the lying and deceiving ministers in the church.
It literally charges my spirit when I hear silly things from the mouths of some ministers.

but this bothers me too.
I feel like I should be doing this:
Co 9:24  Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
1Co 9:25  And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
1Co 9:26  I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
1Co 9:27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

I feel like I should strive to be in the kingdom and not worry so much about those who preach falsehoods.

What inspires you to study the scriptures?
What motivates you to keep going?
Are you seeking to be temperate in all things?
Are you practicing subjection?

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Foxx

Re: Inspiration and Motivation
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 03:11:57 AM »

What inspires me?

Well, ever since coming to Bible Truths I have just been obsessed with more and more knowledge. Reading and re-reading Ray's papers and emails. There is an interesting "methodology" to the way Ray discovers truths about the scriptures and over the last year or so I have been seeing that methodology more and more and being able to apply it to my own studies.

What inspires and motivates me also is being able to articulate my thoughts and beliefs when I need to about all of these truths. Although I try not to just change everyone's mind about this stuff because if they are meant to receive it then they will..no real point in arguing with them.

Finally I would say that I have become SO amazed and God's love for us and just how much Jesus' sacrifice really meant. I have become so much more aware of God's power and wisdom and control, it really is wonderful and the great thing is that I still have so much more to learn that I have no idea about! HA! So yeah, it really is awesome!

G. Driggs

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »

Oh, when the saints go marching in
  Oh, when the saints go marching in
  Lord, how I want to be in that number
  When the saints go marching in

This is what motivates me, I just want to be in that number.

I've been asking myself lately why do I keep trying even though I keep slipping? And this song keeps popping up in my head.  :D I dunno, just gotta keep trying to overcome the beast within like Paul says. You never know if you'll be counted in that number. So I keep trying and hoping I'll make it.

Honestly I still like to give it to them that preach hell fire and damnation. It is always my hope that maybe God will open someones eyes to the truth and they will be saved. And just like you Antaiwan it really gets me to hear such damnable heretical things. Right or wrong I hate it with a passion. If I'm wrong then God help me.

Seems like Paul is saying if your gonna preach then don't be a hypocrite by willfully sinning or it's the lake of fire for you/me.

Mar 7:6  He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

G.Driggs 

Duane

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »

What keeps me motivated is finding that I thought I knew a thing or two about the Bible, with my extensive Biblical background,
only to find out that everything I know comes out of the Church of Babylon, so in truth, I am a spiritual baby just learning how to drink "milk" but with "meat" questions!  So I postulate my thinking ie: Correct/Direct me  Part 1& 2 and then the Moderators send me back "meat" answers for me to read and understand with my "milk" mind!  The reading actually TIRES my mind because the
knowledge of the Bible that I don't have, has to be interfused with information I am being introduced to. 
THAT'S WHAT KEEPS ME GOING!
Then, at the same time, I realize that everything I learn WIDENS THE GAP between me and those who only know what I know from old and now REJECT! I could just picture me NOW in a Sunday School Class setting propagating what I now know and getting the "boot".  ie:  the pastor who got fired for not believing in Hell.  I'm NOT a timid, bashful person and my views (mouth)
would be the end of my Sunday School welcome!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.