bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mark 4:24 -25  (Read 4649 times)

onelovedread

Mark 4:24 -25
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »

I am sure I've read Ray's commentary on these verses in Mark 4:
24 And He said to them, "Beware what you are hearing! With what measure you are measuring, it will be measured to you, and it will be added to you.
25 For he who has, it shall be given to him; and he who has not, even what he has shall be taken away from him."
I guess this is why we need to constantly review all of Ray's teachings.
I would totally appreciate it if someone could remind me where Ray expounded on these verses. Thanks guys.
John (Onelovedread)

G. Driggs

Re: Mark 4:24 -25
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 04:01:15 PM »

Hi John,

The only place I could find where Ray talked about that verse was from the 'Twelve Truths to Understanding His Word' paper here.

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

Whether or not he spoke of it somewhere else I don't know.

Short copy and paste.

This is another one of those marvelous spiritual truths of Scripture, which you will never hear explained in the Church. Just what do they teach all these future clergymen in seminary? The fact is, Jesus did not want the people to understand Him and Jesus did not want them to repent and Jesus did not want to spiritually heal or save them. He clearly said so. But why? Because God has a plan that involves calling MANY, but choosing out only a FEW.

"For whosoever has, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever has not, from him shall be taken away even that he has" (Matt. 13:12).

Why did Jesus reveal His message, His gospel, His kingdom, His word to so very few people? Christ’s answer is much harder for most to believe than the parables themselves:

"And the disciples came, and said unto Him, WHY speak You unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven [not at that precise time, but eventually, after His resurrection] but to them it is not given [not then OR later]. For whosoever has, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever has not, from him shall be taken away even that he has [another parable answers the reason for parables]. Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand [here Jesus gives us a parable within a riddle].

"And in them [and in all future generations down through the centuries, save a very small elect few] is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah, which says, By hearing you shall hear, and shall not understand, and seeing you shall see, and shall not perceive: For this people’s heart [the people’s heart in Isaiah’s day, Christ’s day, through the generations, and in our day] is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should HEAL them [SAVE them].

"But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. For verily I say unto you, that many prophets and righteous men [all the patriarchs of the Old Testament] have desired to see those things which you see, and have NOT seen them, and to hear those things which you hear, and have NOT heard them" (Matt. 13:10-17).

------------------------------------------

Reading this for the first time just blew me away! The truth in plain sight that many cannot or will not believe. Honestly I'm not totally sure I completely understand all the above. Especially Matt 13:12 and Mark 4:25. What I think I understand is that Jesus used parables so most would not understand and not get saved too early. Pretty cool if you ask me. 8)

G.Driggs

onelovedread

Re: Mark 4:24 -25
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »

Thanks George.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 16 queries.