bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: commentaries?  (Read 4016 times)

all4love

commentaries?
« on: July 08, 2006, 06:56:52 PM »

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone new which of the commentaries in e-sword is the best? I have a couple already but would like to know which one (s) would work the best for someone who is just starting to REALLY study God's truths. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you,
Amy

prarrydog

Re: commentaries?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 07:56:56 PM »

Hi Amy,

I do not use commentaries at all.  They will only confuse you.  Reading a commentary is the equivalent of going to church and listening to a pastor.  Half truths at best.  I would recommend studying Ray's site and learn from his methods on how to understand the scriptures.  Most importantly pray, pray, pray.  When you do discover something you know is the truth, bow your head immediately, thank the Lord and pray for more.  Here is a good place to start:

http://bible-truths.com/twelve.htm

Hope this helps
with love
Scott

buddyjc

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »

I sometimes use the commentaries in order to get a new perspective.  You just have to be careful and remember that these men are usually wrong.  Sometimes, though it is rare, they can hit a point that can shed some light on a verse or passage you are studying.  Does this make sense?

Brian

all4love

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 08:57:49 PM »

Brian,
yes I understand and agree with what you are saying I use the commentaries for the exact same reason.  I was just wondering if maybe by some miracle there was one that would be more helpful then the one that I already have.  One that is at least alittle close to the truth.  The one I have is good, and yes he does some things wrong but I know what they are.  I just think there are more people out there than just Ray and Mike who know and teach the truth.

God Bless,
Amy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.