bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Luke 9:55-56  (Read 4323 times)

phillip78

Luke 9:55-56
« on: April 02, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »

Luk 9:55  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

This has been on my mind for a while now. This just goes to show just how sinister the doctrine of hell really is. It is a doctrine of DEMONS.

Can anyone elaborate anymore on these verses, or point me to where Ray has taught on this.

Thanks

mharrell08

Re: Luke 9:55-56
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:44:33 AM »

Luk 9:55  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.
Luk 9:56  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.

This has been on my mind for a while now. This just goes to show just how sinister the doctrine of hell really is. It is a doctrine of DEMONS.

Can anyone elaborate anymore on these verses, or point me to where Ray has taught on this.

Thanks

If you go to 'Contradiction #50' in the 23 Minutes in Hell exposé paper (http://bible-truths.com/23-minutes-in-hell.html#Contradictions), Ray goes over this 'manner of spirit' that wishes destruction on one's fellow man. He may not quote that verse specifically, but the same principle is applied.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Revilonivek

Re: Luke 9:55-56
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:23:32 PM »

Thanks

Yeah, I was reading about that the other day. Good scripture.  Samaritans are of a different religion, thats why Samaritans and jews don't get along. They fight over where to worship God, the right way to worship God, etc.  Jesus spoke to that Samaritan woman, and told her that it doesnt matter where we go. (bec of our idols of our hearts) He told her to worship God in Spirit and in Truth and thats all God cares about. Jesus often use parables with the Samaritan in the story to prove a point with the jews about the state of heart.

like the story of the good Samaritan in gospel of Luke? Imagine what went thru jews' mind given the fact they hated Samaritans because they worship differently when he told that story.  the story's about  a beat up Jewish man lying half dead  on the road, a revered priest, loved from his own community didn’t help him, then a levite, a member of the tribe set apart by God for special purposes, hastens his pace and ignores helping the beat up man. Now, A Samaritan, a different religion, a heathen, evil, in the eyes of jews,  didn’t hestsitate to help the Jewish man, his enemy and takes him to a place to heal. If the jewish wasn't injured, im sure the jew and the Samaritan will not hesitate to spit in each-other's face. Right?

You saw what the disciples didn't hesitate to do, burn the Samaritans in Luke 9 but Jesus put a stop to it. He understood they were still unconverted at the time. The goal is to live unconditional love, and receive just anyone no matter what background they come from- or their beliefs, bec these things doesn't matter. like the heart of a child, they accept anyone and doesn't care about what religion they are. God is love, just accept people as they are. that's pure heart. The likeness of God. accept others as Jesus accepted us.
That's the goal

Blessings and Peace,

Denise

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.