bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help needed with this quote  (Read 5743 times)

bob

Help needed with this quote
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:08:23 AM »

In reading "WHAT THEN IS GODS PURNISHMENT FOR SIN OR SINNER? "  in emails to Ray I came across this quote from Ray

"I know of only one Scripture which promises very severe "punishment" for those who commit a certain ungodly and unspeakable sin, and that is found in (Heb. 10:29), and I know of only one person that I regrettably feel has committed this damnable sin against our Lord and Saviour.  I wish I knew of a way to salvage this person from the punishment described as worse that death."

Can someone enlighten me as to how or what this person did. I'm not understanding what the sin described is.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Help needed with this quote
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:32:30 AM »

I guess it is someone Ray knows and if he wanted the rest of us to know he would have said.

Craig

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »

In reading "WHAT THEN IS GODS PURNISHMENT FOR SIN OR SINNER? "  in emails to Ray I came across this quote from Ray

"I know of only one Scripture which promises very severe "punishment" for those who commit a certain ungodly and unspeakable sin, and that is found in (Heb. 10:29), and I know of only one person that I regrettably feel has committed this damnable sin against our Lord and Saviour.  I wish I knew of a way to salvage this person from the punishment described as worse that death."

Can someone enlighten me as to how or what this person did. I'm not understanding what the sin described is.

Heb 10:29  How much worse punishment do you think is deserved by the person who walks all over God’s Son, who acts as if the blood of the covenant that made us holy is just ordinary blood, and who insults the Spirit of grace? [Common English Bible]

There are a number of ways one can commit this offense, but one popular heresy is the the teaching that Christ was an ordinary man, a sinner, just like anyone else. We've even had members pass through who attempted to bring this onto the forum, though I don't believe Ray was referring to any of them.

I don't believe it's important to know who teaches this but rather making sure it is refuted when presented.

bob

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 12:46:10 PM »

Craig, I kinda figured it was someone Ray knew. I wasn't asking who it was only asking what was the sin. I was taught it never hurts to ask if you don't know something.  Thanks, but your answer doesn't help, but it does help me remember why I don't post often. Bob

mharrell08  Again I have no interest to know who, but what is the sin. It's the verse 26 part that I was referring to. In context it seemed that there was one particular sin that was committed.
"26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"

If I understand your answer correctly It's in the teaching of some heretical doctrine that one commits this sin and not a sin of the flesh? This would make sense as I understand we are to be considered dead to sin and alive with Christ in the spirit. Thanks for pointing me in this direction. It is much clearer in the [Common English Bible] thanks Bob

Kat

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:19:41 PM »

Hi Bob,

The answer you are looking for is in a couple of Bible studies Ray did on 'Was Christ Made Sin?'  

Audio
http://bible-truths.com/audio/ChristSinII.wma
http://bible-truths.com/audio/ChristSinII.mp3

transcript
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6719.0.html

Some believe that when Jesus Christ came down into the flesh, the flesh itself made Him sin. That is a gross heresy as He was a sin OFFERING, which some translations even state.

2Cor 5:21  For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (KJV)

2Cor 5:21 For the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that we may be becoming God's righteousness in Him." (CLV)

It's bad enough to believe Christ was carnal because of He was in the flesh, but quite another to teach such a blatant heresy. All must give account and the Scripture that Marques provided is clear what teaching such a thing means.

Heb 10:29  How much worse punishment do you think is deserved by the person who walks all over God’s Son, who acts as if the blood of the covenant that made us holy is just ordinary blood, and who insults the Spirit of grace? [Common English Bible]

Now even they shall be forgiven, but in God's time, which might be a good long time if this Scripture is an indication.

Mat 12:32  And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Hope this helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 05:44:28 PM by Kat »

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:32:59 PM »

If I understand your answer correctly It's in the teaching of some heretical doctrine that one commits this sin and not a sin of the flesh?

It's both, as a man thinks, so he is.

Craig, I kinda figured it was someone Ray knew. I wasn't asking who it was only asking what was the sin. I was taught it never hurts to ask if you don't know something.  Thanks, but your answer doesn't help, but it does help me remember why I don't post often. Bob

Also, cut Deputy Fife some slack...he had a long night:

Looks like you finally enjoyed some time away Craig!  :D

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 05:34:43 PM »

My apologies Bob, I thought you had asked "who" or what this person did, but I see you asked how.  I should have read twice and answered once.

Craig

dave

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 09:36:10 PM »

Bob, let me say your question was one I would have asked but didnt, but thanks for asking, Im sure you, me and others are happy as well with the information. Thanks. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.