bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greatest Challenge - own house  (Read 15700 times)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Greatest Challenge - own house
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 12:29:59 PM »

Tau, I just hope you haven't arrived at this point in the discourse believing that you can't love your wife unless you go to church with her. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Kat

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »

Hi Doug,

I thought it would be good to bring out what Ray has to say about the churches in Revlation. These excerpts are from articles no. 7 and 11.  

http://bible-truths.com/lake7.html ----------------------

THE BOOK OF REVELATION IS TO ALL CHURCHES, IN ALL GENERATIONS, FOR ALL WHO READ THIS PROPHECY, WHEN JESUS OPENS IT TO THEM, IN THEIR OWN LIFETIME (which comes quickly and is over shortly)!
v
Were there not churches (congregations) also in Judea as well? Even in Rome? Why only the seven churches "in ASIA?" Because these seven congregations completed all that Jesus had to say to all congregations, everywhere. This is a COMPLETE revelation for ALL CHURCHES. These seven congregations had within them all of the sins, weaknesses, and shortcomings of all congregations everywhere during ALL TIME. I will make this abundantly and Scripturally clear. But on the positive side, all of the churches had at least a "few names" that were not spiritually defiled, and who will be in the first resurrection as Sons and Daughters of God to bring the rest of the harvest, the great fall harvest into the Kingdom.

These churches that personify in symbol all of God’s church for the past two thousand years, are in fact, the training ground and the proving ground for the elect. Coming out of this carnal system puts one among the called and the chosen and the VERY elect. Paul called it "the HIGH CALLING."
v
Is any so foolish as to think Jesus tells all seven churches to "…hear what the Spirit says to the churches" (all the other plural churches), so that they can compare themselves among themselves and see which one Jesus thinks is the holiest of them all? That is nonsense!

ALL seven churches individually, have ALL the problems and ALL the strengths of all the churches combined. It is ONE prophecy, of ONE church, in ONE hand of Jesus, which combine the characteristics of seven churches in Asia that shared all of the good qualities and all of the shortcomings.
v
It is, of course, the members of the church that have "left their first love." Here is absolute proof that the churches of Revelation personify the whole Church of God down through the centuries until the great white throne judgment.

Whatever is found in the seven (the complete) churches of Revelation is also found in the Churches from the time of John’s vision until the judgment of the world. This vision shows not only the conditions in God’s Church at the time of John’s vision, but of the condition of the Church right down till the judgment of the world.

Revelation is "The Revelation OF Jesus Christ."
v
Just as all the rewards are promised to all the overcomers in all generations of the Church, so likewise, do all the sins and shortcomings apply to all the churches throughout all generations. And the sins and shortcomings of God’s Church are monstrous!

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues. For her sins have REACHED UNTO HEAVEN, and God has remembered her iniquities" (Rev. 8:5).

Yes, God is talking about His people, who are in His church, but … BUT, who must nonetheless, "REPENT" (Rev. 2:5 & 5, 16, 21, 22, 3:3, 19—seven times, COMPLETE REPENTANCE), and "COME OUT OF HER." Coming out of her is no small part of this "repentance."

http://bible-truths.com/lake11.html --------------------

Does not Jesus dwell and reside in the Seven Churches of God mentioned in the Book of Revelation? Actually, He does not. Let’s read it:

"Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says He that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who WALKS in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks" (Rev. 2:1).

Jesus Christ "walks" in the midst of the churches—He does not dwell there; He does not reside there; He does not have His throne there. But someone else does:

SATAN has his "seat [Greek: ‘throne’]" in the Churches (Rev. 2:13)

SATAN "dwells" in the Churches (Rev. 2:13).

SATAN still has his "synagogue" in the Churches (Rev. 2:9 & 3:9).

SATAN’S "depths" of doctrinal evils are in the Churches (Rev. 2:24).

It is Satan who has his "throne" in the Churches--the Throne of Jesus Christ is in Heaven with His Father (Rev. 3:21), not in the church. He is not enthroned in the Church; He merely "walks" in the Churches.
v
Virtually all Christian Churches worldwide have within their doctrines, the depths of Satan. And that is why the cry goes out from God Almighty:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying ‘COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues" (Rev. 18:4).

Come out of… who? Who is the "her?" Her is a WOMAN. A woman in Scripture is a symbol for a CHURCH.

Who is to "come out?" Answer: "MY people." Where are they? In her, in the CHURCH. What Church? The MOTHER CHURCH. Who is the MOTHER CHURCH?

The church that appears to be so good, with good doctrines, and good teachings and spiritual appearing good works and righteousness, which in reality are abominations:

"And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will show unto you the judgment of the GREAT WHORE that sits upon many waters [many nations of people]: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication [intimate religious/political/economic relationships], and the inhabitants of the earth have been made [spiritually] DRUNK with the wine of her fornication. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of ABOMINATIONS and FILTHINESS of her FORNICATION: And upon her forehead [where WE should have the name of God our Father, Rev. 14:1, but this mother church has instead…] …a name written,

MYSTERY, BABYLON, THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" (Rev. 17:1-5).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

tau

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »

Hi Dave

Not quiet, for me its more of a balancing act ::), if love is the greatest commandment and the first love is to God the Father, then every word that comes from Him should be carefully considered. I am of the view that one carries a whole lot of responsibility once one's eyes are open. The process has to be progressively upwards, it is incremental gains, yet now and then you come to a cross roads and having carefully considered the two, you are not sure which one is best - true, not going to church with my wife does not necessarily mean i love her less, thats me, it is however another thing whether her interpretation will be the same as mine. it also has a potential to have spill over effects in affecting general family interactions and might make it even harder to try and convince\show ??? her of a higher responsibility following God is all about - as she could (as a way of axample) switch-off in protest, not having been given what to her was support - an act of love. I am painfully aware that the spiritual follows the physical, but finding myself having to restle between being a supportive (loving, longsuffering, peace loving and enduring) husband and one who leaves by the code (being a disciple is no different from being a God soldier) yet even a soldier needs to be weary of personal conduct less it badly affects those dependant on the soldier's moral campass.

So, having wrestled for a while with; 'do i or do i not' ::), i saw it fit to ask the fellow athlets  ;D in Christ how they best would advise of such, we are instructed to run by rules and we are instructed to love, we are instructed to divide the word of truth correctly and still we are required to expose those who contradict, even more we are asked to follow ways of peace with all men and we are asked to be BOLD in the world as Christ was. So, for some of us we are greatful of a forum such as this one, where we could ask and get sound advise. Sure, at the end the decision is still ours, but better an informed and tried and tested decision, than an arbitrary one  ;D ;D

Marky Mark

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 02:01:03 PM »

OK, Hi Mark
How do you know if I could/might/possibly be one of these?..

Hi Doug.

If God is calling you to be of the elect,then you are all of the seven churches as Ray explains in Kats post. Living His word from Genesis thru Revelation in Spirit is the high calling for those with ears to hear and eyes to see.

Joh 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

1Pe 4:17 For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God?
1Pe 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

Those that the Father are calling now through our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ, will live by every word that proceeds out of His mouth. Revelation is the revealing of Jesus Christ in you,to be lived now, in your life, now. If it were not so then these verse would be false.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Also here are some of Rays email reply's concerning the babylonian church and its effect on ones mindset.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2690.0.html
http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,102.0.html
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,11315.0.html
http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1188.0.html

Hope this helps some.

Peace...Mark

daywalker

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 02:07:42 PM »

Hello Doug,

(Apologies, as I know your response was to Mark) but I would just like to respond by pointing out that there is only "one" church--which is the body of Christ, and the House of God (1 Timothy 3:15), inside which are both honorable and dishonorable things (2 Timothy 2:20). My point is that even those of us who are no longer attending any church of Babylon are still members of the same "church" as they are. Therefore, one does not need to be physically attending a church to be one of these "few" mentioned in these verses you quoted.

That being said, when it comes to whether or not you should continue to attend a church service to appease your wife, or whoever, in my opinion--that's between you and God. Personally, I stay away, mainly because I have a natural tendency to open my mouth and I'd probably stir up some sort of situation of which I don't feel I'm prepared for yet nor would it likely result in anything good. Should God desire me to enter a "synagogue of Satan" someday, I know He'll drag me there and guide me in my endeavors. But for now, I stay far away.

Hope this was helpful. God Be With You.

If God has you in the church of satan

OK, Hi Mark :)
How do you know if I could/might/possibly be one of these?.. ???

Rev 3:4  Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy.  Rev 3:5  The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels.

or these? ???....Rev 3:10  Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth.

or these? ???....Rev 3:12  The one who conquers, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God. Never shall he go out of it, and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down from my God out of heaven, and my own new name.

or these? ???... Rev 2:10  Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life....

or these? ???  Rev 2:13  "'I know where you dwell, where Satan's throne is. Yet you hold fast my name, and you did not deny my faith even in the days of Antipas my faithful witness, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells.

Or, maybe these? ???.....Rev 2:24  But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not learned what some call the deep things of Satan, to you I say, I do not lay on you any other burden. Rev 2:25  Only hold fast what you have until I come.
Rev 2:26  The one who conquers and who keeps my works until the end, to him I will give authority over the nations,

In case it was not understood, these are taken from the seven churches where Jesus was walking in their midst. He gave correction and praise, both. And some received both praise and correction, at the same time.

Notice Jesus has some good things to say about some of the people in some of these churches.  How is this possible? Even in these churches where satans throne is. He clearly said some had the "right stuff" to rule with him. Some had the right doctrines, the right heart, the right teachings.  Is being  physically present in a Church going to negate my heart, my love, my obedience, my holding on to Him?  Is the physical building that strong? I say that only rhetorically.  I know you know the answer. You know the building, the physical is not the Spiritual.

I am only speaking like this cause of what I took as your implication, in that highlited statement.  You do not understand how I can out of Love do what I do, and give forbearance to my wife, or others,  and still remain out of babylon.  Fine. But I do. And I am at peace that Jesus will judge all motives and hearts someday.  Including mine :-[  And He will decide who was actually in Babylon and who wasn't.  Actually, to the point, He will judge our works. And whether our works were motivated by love, and done in love, and put others before ourselves.

I do not have any quarrel with your understanding of how we are to OBEY Jesus. I so agree with that. I just do not think you understand/see that love is higher than all doctrine in the SAME manner as I do.  So we have different viewpoints.  I myself, would rather be totally obedient to Him in love and love all others as He does, than have all the correct doctrinal understanding in the world.  And this is from one who painfully wrestled for 17 years, because of my love for my fellow man, to wrest myself from the doctrine of eternal torment, because it was too horrible for me to hold, even though I was raised and believed fully in the strictest fundamentalist baptist church doctrine out there, for YEARS, from the tender age of 12.  And this was even before I read any of Ray Smiths wonderful writings. I am grateful to Ray for filling in many of the gaps I would never been able to. But even with all that, I still would rather have love for Christ, shed abroad in my heart, motivating me to pure obedience, to loving righteousness and hating wickedness,  dying to myself, than have all the correct understandings that I now have (except that I could not EVER believe in eternal punishment, for that belief was destroying me) and not have this love and obey just because it was a rule.  I think true spirituality is measured in the depth of your dying to self and the amount of how much you obey Christ and do His works, out of Love.

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 02:52:49 PM »

I'll leapfrog back over to Tau.  I understand what you're saying.  I'm not all that worried about being wrong if I am at least trying to do right.  This is the Lord's world and His creation.  I have great faith that He will correct me when I'm thinking/believing/doing wrong, just as I have great experience with thinking/believing/doing wrong.  I 'came out of her' 20 years before I ever knew there WAS such a commandment.   :D  Jesus is Lord.   

I would have chimed in earlier (and won't again unless asked directly) but I had a feeling that the 'answer' was in the question, as it often is.  "I want to know is it okay to still go with my wife (show of support) even if I generally find church teaching a bit tolarable if taken with a pinch of salt."

For me, the conundrum would be whether to chain her to the porch on the sabbath or sunday or allow her to experience this evil on her own with Jesus as her Lord.   :)  Which one of those is love? 

I don't envy your brain right now.  Those synapses firing can scorch your skull.  I'm quite content for now, and can't see myself going back except to get my turn to preach.  I'm not ready for that unless dragged before the rulers without time to think about what I should say.  He crushes my plans.   

Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

markn902

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 03:10:46 PM »

Wow I can't really add to any of the great scriptural points that have been laid out by everyone else so I will just throw in my 2 cents and personal experience. I am very lucky in that my wife and I have bible studies together and she is not "entrenched" in any particular religion. She did for awhile though still want to attend church trying to find the "right" one. It was through reading these posts and the BT site that I came to the conclusion that I would support her. I would go to church when asked and I didn't criticize any particular religion. And I prayed and trusted in Gods will. She came around on her own and it actually was the trinity that got her asking questions. I really didn't answer her in any specific way as she tunes me out when I sound  "bossy" ( her words lol) We just kept doing a simple bible study of the gospels and after the first two books she said "if there is an equal trinity Jesus didn't talk about it much" lol God opened the door for her and guided her through..I was just there for the ride  :)

I'm sorry if this doesn't help you as our situations are different but I believe the end result can be the same. Sometimes we just have to be patient and get out of Gods way!  :D

Also I always took that parable about the "house" being divided against itself as a symbol of Christianity in general with all the different "denominations"  (or sects) all saying they were for Jesus while really being blind naked..etc. I guess both ways are correct as the division in church can be taken and felt at home. 

DougE6

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »

God will bring all to the truth.

I think you're both right.

I like that statement. I think it is true. I like Marky Marks last post, too. Just wanted to put that out there.  Tau, I appreciate your last answer post too. As anyone who has lived it, can attest,  it is a hard tightrope to walk.  It really makes one take a really hard look at everything, because it is so up close and personal!  I feel peace in my heart,  in the way God is allowing it to unfold, in my situation, and someone else may have a another way, that God is telling them to go, to get peace. Peace, I think, the fruit of a clean conscience, is the ultimate test of whether we are following His leading.

Thank you all for your deep thoughts. It was great to read them. Sometimes, I am very passionate in my expression, I truly try to keep it in check..I use to be quite the evangelist and still am, even to open air preaching.  Just so you know how my personality clicks.
Doug

Marky Mark

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 06:07:01 PM »

Considering where this thread has gone,and how wonderful The Word of God is,I felt the following verse would be edifying to all involved. May we all continue in Spirit and Truth and to seek that which we all so passionately desire,that being,Christ in us.

GW
Php 3:12  It's not that I've already reached the goal or have already completed the course. But I run to win that which Jesus Christ has already won for me.
Php 3:13  Brothers and sisters, I can't consider myself a winner yet. This is what I do: I don't look back, I lengthen my stride, and
Php 3:14  I run straight toward the goal to win the prize that God's heavenly call offers in Christ Jesus.
Php 3:15  Whoever has a mature faith should think this way. And if you think differently, God will show you how to think.
Php 3:16  However, we should be guided by what we have learned so far.

Peace...Mark

markn902

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »

2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

I hope I can say that at the end  :)

tau

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 07:01:37 AM »

For all the input I got I am eternally greatful. I hope that what has been shared here has been as uplifting and spiritl quenching as any physical food. This indeed has been what Christ was refering to when he asked Peter to feed His flock. Real meat, for the matured and not babes in Christ. This indeed is the race, so here I go - 'there's a race to be ran, there are victories to be won, give me power - every hour - to be true!!  ;)

I salute you all. ;D  I hope to return back sometime in future to give account of how God eventually settled this one, but don't be holding your breath for any early breakthroughs, just ask Abraham how long he had to wait to have God fulfil the promise to give him a child!! :D

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Eph 12- 13.

Love and Peace to ALL  ;D

octoberose

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 03:06:07 AM »

Doug, I had been thinking along the same lines, though I couldn't say them with your eloquence. Another Amen!

tau

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2011, 05:59:24 PM »

For all the input I got I am eternally greatful. I hope that what has been shared here has been as uplifting and spiritl quenching as any physical food. This indeed has been what Christ was refering to when he asked Peter to feed His flock. Real meat, for the matured and not babes in Christ. This indeed is the race, so here I go - 'there's a race to be ran, there are victories to be won, give me power - every hour - to be true!!  ;)

I salute you all. ;D  I hope to return back sometime in future to give account of how God eventually settled this one, but don't be holding your breath for any early breakthroughs, just ask Abraham how long he had to wait to have God fulfil the promise to give him a child!! :D

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Eph 12- 13.

Greetings to All

I would like to first apologise for the long e-mail!!  ;D
As I promised at one stage that I will return to give account of how the "Greatest Challenge" will play its self out, I thought it fit and proper to give an  update!! To say that it has been easy to date will really be an understatement, I went through a period of highs and lows struggling with the question "to go for show of support or not", the few time I felt pressurised to attend and did attend, I became more convinced that I really no longer belonged to church, something had really changed and i would horn in on what the pastor was saying and would feel short changed spiritually as most of what he was teaching did not feel spiritually enriching, i felt like i am going backwards and trying to 'fit in' was not working!.

Overtime I indicated to my wife reasons why i want to completely stop attending and would go through some of the church material with her and point out where travesty was being committed with the word of God and how I found it difficult to praise and worship while fully knowing what was being taught not to rhyme with what i believe the scriptures were teaching. My wife eventually relented and as we continued to discuss and share the scriptures, she eventually started to tell me that she herself is starting to think that the pastor is short changing people and she can instanteneously pick up when the pastor is being creative with the truth, the fact that the church is forever tying earthly success to being spiritually rewarded begun to weigh heavy on her, worse, those that are seen as struggling, are looked at as if they have done something wrong!! :'(, this convinced her to let me be. Now my wife prefers that we discuss the bible together, she herself, has not been to church in a while and in a way she says she does not feel like she is missing a lot, she is forever going on about how much one really needs to study the word of God! In my book, this is real progress and I call it a miracle of God! What took years to built God is able to demolish in the shortest time possible and start rebuilding something spiritual.

Amen!

Love and Peace to ALL  ;D

[edited to fix the quotation function]-Dave
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:53:50 AM by Dave in Tenn »

Dave in Tenn

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2011, 12:56:05 AM »

I'm thankful for your testimony, and thankfuller that God is reordering your family. 

Samson

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2011, 11:57:31 AM »

are you counseling?  Hopefully not too hard a line?

1Jn 5:2  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Hello DougE6.

I do not see how loving your spouse [or to love in general] correlates to not coming out of the babylonian system of things.Are you saying that we must stay grounded in the evil doctrine of the worldly church in order to have approval of our wife,kids,friends or neighbors? To leave behind our carnal way of thinking and to keep His Spiritual Commandments is how we are to give God all of the Praise and Glory.This is the greatest act of love a man can do for His Creator.The general principles that you speak of in the Scripture I posted are for the Spiritually mature,not babes in Christ [I am assuming that tau has read Rays material]. We must come out of her and stay out of her if we are to finish the race,and be faithful to the end. If God has you in the church of satan to soothe the non believer,well,that's ok, because that is where God will have you to be.But when we do not abide in His Word, the truths that we have been given will also be taken away if we do not obey the Holy Spirit.

When we obey God in Spirit and Truth that is true love that we can rejoice in. Just as the wife must submit to the husband so shall the husband and the wife submit to Christ,he is our head and we are the body.When Jesus is the focus of our lives then and only then can one have a full understanding of what it is to love our family members as we ought.If we have a true yearning and commitment to follow Christ and to love Him as we should,we then can begin to live by every word of Christ.

When we put the physical in front of the Spiritual the only thing left is judgement.All Scripture is for the admonition of Gods true Faithful and when one lives His words from without and not from within, the Door in the heavens cannot be opened and His True doctrine cannot be given.As Ray has said so often once you learn a Spiritual Truth,don't ever let it go.To me that is some sound advice from a sound teacher.

Peace...Mark

Hi Tau,

You have received well rounded reception of information & answers from most veteran Forum Members & others. Mark's (Marky Mark) response above essentially covers my Scriptural advice to you. Although many have provided sound advice from Scripture, the above counsel are the facts, whether We(That's all of us) Carnally like it or not. Before listing those Scriptural Verses that come to mind when considering attending "Church Services" with a Wife or anyone for that matter, I will attempt to a few comments.

Loving Ones Wife does not require that any of us participate in any of Christendom's Denominations. Now, I'm not referring to a Wedding Ceremony, Funeral or some occasional Ceremonial function, although even in those cases, I would proceed with caution. The following Scriptural references at 1Peter.3:7(assigning them honor as to a weaker vessel); Ephesians. 5:23-25(Husbands, Love your Wife, as Christ loved the Congregation, giving himself up for it); Ephesians. 5:28,29(Husbands should be loving their Wives as their own Bodies); Ephesians. 5:33(Let everyone of you Love His Wife); Colossians. 3:19(Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them). I paraphrased these Scriptural verses due to time constraints. I looked up the word "Love" in all of these verses and all of them are some form of Agape, not the Philia type Love(tenderly affectionate, close Brotherly Love or Familial Love). So, Loving One's Wife or Husband would not necessitate attending a Church Service that might violate one's conscience. Actually, by compromising oneself in this regard, it might open the door for further compromise leading to, at least the possibility of partaking more Spiritual poison. To illustrate: If I had a Glass of water to give you in order to quench your thirst and it consisted of 95% water, but only 5% of it contained a deadly poison, would you drink it knowingly. Apply this spiritually speaking. If your Wife see's you compromise in what might appear to be a "Minor" issue, She may(not necessarily deliberately) attempt to get you to compromise on more Church related stuff.

It was suggested to Me, many years ago, by an Older mature Male to give in & give up to One's Wife in every matter, unless the compromise involves displeasing God or might bring some type of harm to the Family, ie- financial problems, legal issues, etc. So, I essentially do the things the way my Wife likes things, unless it goes contrary to Scripture or brings harm to Our Family. Below are Scriptures that come to mind in regards to Why I won't attend Church Services, Bible Studies or any Type of Spiritual fellowship that contradicts, at least the basics that I've learned & accepted. Read Below !

1Co 10:21  Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
1Co 10:22  Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

1Co 10:12  Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Pro 16:18  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.
Pro 16:19  Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.
Pro 16:20  He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
Rev 18:5  For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

1Co 7:29  But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;

Be careful Tau, don't compromise for the wrong things, the scriptural example below, although physically happened, it has much spiritual value & meaning and I see much of my past experiences with the veaker vessel portrayed through this Character mentioned below.

Jdg 16:6  And Delilah said to Samson, Tell me, I pray thee, wherein thy great strength lieth, and wherewith thou mightest be bound to afflict thee.
Jdg 16:7  And Samson said unto her, If they bind me with seven green withs that were never dried, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.
Jdg 16:8  Then the lords of the Philistines brought up to her seven green withs which had not been dried, and she bound him with them.
Jdg 16:9  Now there were men lying in wait, abiding with her in the chamber. And she said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he brake the withs, as a thread of tow is broken when it toucheth the fire. So his strength was not known.
Jdg 16:10  And Delilah said unto Samson, Behold, thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: now tell me, I pray thee, wherewith thou mightest be bound.
Jdg 16:11  And he said unto her, If they bind me fast with new ropes that never were occupied, then shall I be weak, and be as another man.
Jdg 16:12  Delilah therefore took new ropes, and bound him therewith, and said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And there were liers in wait abiding in the chamber. And he brake them from off his arms like a thread.
Jdg 16:13  And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.
Jdg 16:14  And she fastened it with the pin, and said unto him, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awaked out of his sleep, and went away with the pin of the beam, and with the web.
Jdg 16:15  And she said unto him, How canst thou say, I love thee, when thine heart is not with me? thou hast mocked me these three times, and hast not told me wherein thy great strength lieth.
Jdg 16:16  And it came to pass, when she pressed him daily with her words, and urged him, so that his soul was vexed unto death;
Jdg 16:17  That he told her all his heart, and said unto her, There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.
Jdg 16:18  And when Delilah saw that he had told her all his heart, she sent and called for the lords of the Philistines, saying, Come up this once, for he hath shewed me all his heart. Then the lords of the Philistines came up unto her, and brought money in their hand.

Tau, notice in particular verses 15-17. Apparently, Samson thought He needed share His secret with Delilah to prove He "Loved Her." Well, I hope some of this helped, no offense was intended, just trying to help. Ultimately, You get to choose and choose you will, based on some cause.

Kind Regards, Samson.

tau

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »

Thanks Samson, much appreciated  ;D.

At times we may turn to forget that Christ commanded that we are to love Him above all others, weariness and spiritual vexation at times, tend to to cloud the picture resulting in us caving in, but like it is always said in this forum and as repeated by Ray over his many teachings, if God intends you to make a change, you can resist all you like, ultimately, His WILL will be done, for some it takes longer to come to this spiritual truth, yet for others it is something to be tested, but the truth as Ray says, investigate all you like, you will only get to prove what what has always been the truth from the beginning, the opposite holds true as well.

I for one really struggled with whether to support or not, but when God makes 'church' unbearable, it really does not matter whether your intentions were honorable or not, you will 'come out'! So, I am now doing as Paul said, I cling on to this freedom by which I was bought and I ain't looking back and I press onwards with the hope to somehow making it towards the higher calling, but in essence, God really knows how to humble us and if this is not really a miracle, then i personally don't know what is  ;D!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.