bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Email Of Ray's  (Read 3795 times)

Samson

Old Email Of Ray's
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:45:53 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !

Occasionally, while perusing the Site, I look to see what the Guests of this Forum are reading & looking at, sometimes that give's Me food for thought or some idea's what I can further research at the Site and stimulates the little bit of Brain Matter that's left. Below is an Email & response that a Guest was looking over this Morning that I thought would be worth sharing. It's simple, but conveys much Truth. Even with some key translation Errors in Scriptures, most notably "Aionios," People don't even believe and obey the ones that most agree are accepted. Read Below !

Dear Rev. Ray,

Thank you for your article about tithing, I read some of your answers to Rev. Hagee.(not only Hagee, look at the rest who are on the tv, God tv also, look how they dress, look at their homes and churches and staff with salary, and how much they beg more and more, they say not for them but to help the few wretched faces they show on the tv to stir the merciful heart of the poor Christians to send them their last penny. Look at the Cathedrals and the multi million facilities they have.

But I have something to ask you:

You know Greek well, why don't you translate the New Testament, at least the Gospels in the beginning, and offer the literal correct translation for us and the coming generation, this will be a great service for God and his real sheep.

With my respect and appreciation and love

Dear Pastor Hessen:  I don't know Greek at all. There are numerous fine and well-translated versions of the Holy Scriptures--Rotherham's Emphasized Bible, Concordant Literal Old and New Testaments. Even the King James is not a bad translation if you properly translate just one Greek word--"aionios" means "pertaining to an age," not "everlasting" or "eternal." Make that one correct in the King James and you have a whole new Bible. The translation is not the biggest problem--obedience and faith are. People don't believe the verses that are properly translated.

God be with you,

Ray

I thought that this response By Ray was so True, even though the response was brief, but it was to the point.

Kind Regards, Samson.

walt123

Re: Old Email Of Ray's
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 10:34:06 AM »

Hello Samson,thanks for that email from rev. ray :D

That was a flash back of my thoughts,when I first started reading ray's site.

Walt.

daywalker

Re: Old Email Of Ray's
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »

Thanks for sharing Samson.

Yes, it's very true what Ray says, especially his last statement:

People don't believe the verses that are properly translated.

I notice this time and time again when speaking with people through my hub page. On a few occasions, during email interactions, I quoted a verse without providing chapter and verse, and the person responded by telling me that's not true. I then revealed to them that that "not true" statement was actually a verse from the Bible, and provided chapter and verse.... And on each occasion, I never received another reply!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.