bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The fall of Satan from heaven Revelation 12:9  (Read 6508 times)

Mbongiseni

The fall of Satan from heaven Revelation 12:9
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:48:01 AM »

Hi all!

We read in Revelations 12:9 "The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him".I am intrigued by why this war in heaven took place? Does it have any bearing towards our salvation?
Was it a war like most wars? Did Satan declare a war because he did not like the job he was given or the position he was given? I have tried looking for such answers but in vain.

Mbongiseni
“But this I confess … that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: and have hope toward God ….that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.” [Acts 24:14.15]

GaryK

Re: The fall of Satan from heaven Revelation 12:9
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 11:18:35 AM »

Hi all!

We read in Revelations 12:9 "The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him".I am intrigued by why this war in heaven took place? Does it have any bearing towards our salvation?
Was it a war like most wars? Did Satan declare a war because he did not like the job he was given or the position he was given? I have tried looking for such answers but in vain.Mbongiseni
“But this I confess … that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets: and have hope toward God ….that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.” [Acts 24:14.15]

Start reading here and keep reading, the answer(s) lie within:   http://www.bible-truths.com/

gk

Kat

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »

Hi Mbongiseni,

Here is an email.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3212.0.html -----

When one believes that the statements in Revelation are literal, and that they
are in chronological order, that person's understanding will be about zero.  There
are many surprises in Revelation when we follow the instruction of understanding
that God gives us in the Scriptures. As long as we REFUSE to believe and obey
God's instruction, our spiritual understanding will be near zero.

Listen carefully:  This "war in heaven" is NOT LITERAL; it does not take place
in OUTER SPACE; it does not happen IN THE THRONE ROOM OF GOD; it does
not take place chronologically AFTER the wonder of a woman in Rev. 12:1, but BEFORE the beast comes up out of the sea in 13:1; it does not interpret itself within its own verse; it is explained by OTHER Scripture; it is a SYMBOL; and it is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which is the "spirit of prophecy"(19:10) and therefore is the "WORDS OF SPIRIT" of Jesus (John 6:63) for which we also need a SECOND WITNESS, etc., etc., etc.

-----------------------------------------------------

Rev 12:7  And war broke out in heaven: Michael and his angels fought with the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,

So as these symbols in Revelation represent something else, 'heaven' is a spiritual realm, not a place. This "war" is fulfilled in the life of all believers down through the generations starting at the apostles till now. So the 'war in heaven' being spoken of in verse 7 is the same 'war' that we read in other Scriptures.

Rom 7:23  I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

1Peter 2:11  Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,

Eph 6:11-13  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high (heavenly) places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

We can see in Rev. 8 that "they" (Satan and his angels) will not prevail against the Elect.

Rev 12:8  but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them in heaven any longer.

1John 4:4  You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

Rev 12:9  So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth (world/church), and his angels were cast out with him.

So by the indwelling of the spirit of Christ the Elect can and do overcome Satan & his angels!

1 John 5:4-5  For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Rev 12:10  Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down
v. 11  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:40:10 PM by Kat »

Cypress

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I <3 jj81
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 03:33:16 PM »

My mind is all over the place, as usual. Just listened to/ read the transcript of Ray's audio explaining what the kingdom of heaven is. There, he mentions that "heaven" should never be singular (correct me if I'm wrong). I looked up the Greek word for heaven, ouranos (Uranus hehe) and did a search in the forum for heaven looking for more info. I can understand the above email to a point. The war being symbolic for the war we all must go through in life against the flesh. I have a question though, when the devil is cast out, he is cast onto the earth (world). What does that mean?

Rev 12:9  So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth (world), and his angels were cast out with him.
Elaine

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 03:40:03 PM »

Does this mean earth as in the rest of humanity?
Elaine

Kat

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »

Hi Cypress,

Here is a couple sections of articles that should help you with this.

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html ----------------------

SEA, EARTH, AND HEAVEN

There are three realms spoken of in Revelation: sea, earth, and heaven:

"And the angel which I saw stand upon the SEA and upon the EARTH lifted up his hand to HEAVEN, and swore by Him that lives for ever and ever, [for the eons of the eons], who created HEAVEN, and the things that therein are, and the EARTH, and the things that therein are, and the SEA, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer [no longer a time of delay]" (Rev. 10:5-6).

The angels [messengers] of God communicate things from heaven to both the earth and the sea:

"And the voice which I heard from heaven spoke unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the ANGEL which stands upon the sea and upon the earth" (Rev. 10:08).

There are three realms of humanity and three realms of spiritual understanding. The lowest of all is the sea. Those with at least some spiritual understanding are those who dwell in the earth. And those who have the very mind of Christ are those who dwell in heaven. ALL REALMS will give honor and glory to God:

"And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, [need I explain that ‘fish’ do not have the mental capacity to comprehend what is being taught here—these are MEN, MANKIND, HUMANITY] and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits upon the throne, and upon the Lamb for the eons of the eons" (Rev. 5:13).

Is this not saying the identical thing that Paul teaches in Phil. 2:10-11:

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should BOW, of things [them] in heaven, and things [them] in earth, and things [them] under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

More proof:

"Therefore rejoice, ye heavens and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and [inhabitants] of the sea! …" (Rev. 12:12).

Next notice that:

"And when the dragon saw that he was cast into the earth , he persecuted the WOMAN [the Church] which brought forth the man child [the manifest sons of God]" (Rev. 12:13).

Where is the Church? Does she dwell in the spiritual realms of heaven? No. Is she located in the sea? No. She dwells in the earth. She is higher than the sea, but lower than heaven; she dwells in the earth. These are the three realms spoken of in Revelation. If we can’t get our thinking above the symbols themselves, we will never ever understand the book of Revelation.

The saints have left the earth in their spiritual walk with God. Those who are now ‘spiritually-minded;’ dwell in heaven—a much much higher realm than that of the earth.

http://bible-truths.com/lake10.html ---------------------------

Paul used Satan for the "destruction of the flesh" of the fornicator in Corinth, just as God Himself used Satan for the "destruction of the flesh" in the book of Job.

Were these not beneficial purposes for which Paul used Satan? Is not Satan still alive and well on planet Earth? Do you doubt that God’s True Servants can yet turn blasphemers over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh?

SATAN DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD

"And the GREAT DRAGON was cast out, that OLD SERPENT, called THE DEVIL, and SATAN [Heb: Adversary], which DECEIVES THE WHOLE WORLD and he was cast out into THE EARTH, and his angels were cast out with him" (Rev. 12:9.)

Hardly a person alive would admit to being deceived by Satan the devil, and yet God tells us that Satan, "deceives the WHOLE WORLD." The "whole world." Isn’t that just about everybody? Well, who pray tell, are NOT deceived? Answer: "The very elect" (Matt. 24:24.) And how many is that? Answer: "Few" (Matt. 20:16.) Who are the "Few?" Answer: "He that overcomes" (Rev. 3:21.) Overcomes what? Answer: The same thing that Jesus overcame—"the world" (John 16:33.) "The World?" Could you be a little more specific? Answer:

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is NOT in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is NOT of the Father, but is of the world" (I John 2:15:16.)

And so it is that Satan always shows up when it’s dinnertime. But Satan is like a voracious lion who seem to never get enough to eat.

When Satan is not walking to and fro up and down in the earth, does he have a home, a throne of power, a seat, a workshop, a business address, a dwelling place? As a matter of fact, he does.

Satan’s sphere of influence is not that different than say the president of a great nation such as the United States. Our president’s ‘throne,’ if you will, is located in Washington D.C., although he is at home anywhere in America. But his influence doesn’t stop with Americans—he uses the power of our nation anywhere it is needed, as he has recognition, power, and influence all over the world. The same is true of Satan. Satan’s throne is at a specific location. From there he resides in a much larger arena of control and domain. And from that grant system of power, he influences the powers of the whole world.
-----------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:01:18 PM by Kat »

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 04:31:15 PM »

Precisely. Thanks Kat  :). It's amazing how many times it will take for me to re-read these papers before they sink in.
Elaine

rsks

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »

You all are so amazing.  Thank you so much for reminding me of where all the info is.  I have binders upon binders of Ray's material printed up and on my computer.  I read and re read all the time, and still God just shows me something here on the forum and I say "bingo"  "oh yes, of course".

Kat, thank you so very much for this post.  So many more things just clicked into place again today from reading this!!!

Love you all,  Kelli
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.