bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christ's name in vain  (Read 3541 times)

HoneyLamb56

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Christ's name in vain
« on: April 07, 2011, 12:22:23 PM »

I am working part-time now and have a boss who can be very colourful with language.  I did a search on this forum for "cursing/swearing".  There was an excellent post by LACEY23 in November 2007 regarding swearing.  This has helped for the most part.  My problem is still when it comes to using the Lord's name in profanity.  I would like to hear from others as to how they handle these situations.  I try not to be judgmental.  Am I wrong not to speak up or am I just a coward because I try to live peaceably? ???

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Christ's name in vain
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »

On a practical level--do you work for a company large or interested enough to have written guidelines?  My last employer had rules against swearing.  I'm not suggesting you take him to 'court', but that information could be your ally in speaking with him/her--assuming your boss has a boss.

On a more Spiritual level--I don't believe the world is being judged right now.  Profanity using God's name or title is hurtful, but not as hurtful as taking on the Lord's name and preaching His failure and/or satanic cruelty.  I think you've got two choices...leave him/her be, or witness to God's love and leave the results to Him.  I really believe God has much less interest in this person's use of language than He has in your spiritual development into His image.  Whatever you do will result in that, one way or the other. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.