bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prayer Request  (Read 4370 times)

orchidldy

Prayer Request
« on: April 08, 2011, 10:18:21 PM »

Hello All,

I have been visiting the forum and studying this site for several years now, although I haven't posted.  Right now, however, I humbly request your prayers. I do consider the members of this forum my spiritual family, and your support will be truly appreciated.

At this time, my trials have been multiplied, but I still have my faith.  My legs are quivering and my heart breaks under the burden that my son has just been diagnosed with cancer.  At the same time, having been out of work for quite a while, my financial situation is tenuous at best, and my housing situation looks dire.  I am up in age; finding work is no easy task.

Your prayers would be appreciated.   

Kat

Re: Prayer Request
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:51:56 PM »

Hi Orchidldy,

My heart breaks for you. It is hard hearing about another believer facing so much difficulty. I will pray for your situation and your dear son.

mercy, peace and love

Kat

Linny

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:34:48 PM »

I am so sorry for your current trial.  :'(
You will be in my prayers friend.
Lin

gmik

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 12:47:12 AM »

Dear Orchid Lady, Welcome to our forum-family....yes, you have my prayer support as you go thru this horrific trial....thank you for asking us to do so for you.

Please keep us updated so our prayers will stay afresh.

God is the Master Planner!  Rest in His Will....(I know that is easy to say when not in a trial, but true nonetheless)

In His Love,
gena

Ninny

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 02:37:45 AM »

I will keep your family in my prayers too...there is so much sadness in the world, so much pain,  and so much fear...it's easy to say "stay strong and fear not" but oh my those things are not easy.... :'(

When my grandson was diagnosed with a brain tumor at 2 years old..the world fell from under my feet..I didn't know what to pray..I couldn't find enough strength or faith to even know what to pray...I couldn't think and I couldn't feel...during that first night..my grandson's 2 older brothers who were 9 and 11 and his baby brother who was 7 weeks old needed me..and I didn't know if I could be strong for them..as it turned out..the 2 older boys held tight to me and told me, "Ninny, God is going to take care of Grayson..He is going to be OK.." When I looked into their eyes..I saw God and heard Him speaking to me....that was 2 1/2 years ago...we found out after the surgery that the tumor was benign...

I had only been a member of this forum for 4 months and the first thing I posted was a request for prayer for my little grandson..and everyone here came along side me to pray...they have stood by me through many things over the past 3 years..we have laughed and cried together we have become very close..in the past year I have lost a sister and a brother in law to cancer and all through it they have prayed with me and for me....so you asked for prayer and you'll have those prayers...I have  deeply rooted friendships with some of the people on this forum..bonds that will not easily be broken...prayer and love keep those bonds strong!

I don't post often anymore..I stay very busy with my grandchildren...but I read ..and I know that your requests for prayer will be carried out...I pray that what ever God wills to happen in your life and your son's life will be done..I pray that His will is for complete healing and restoration! I pray that through this time of severe testing..you will find peace and safety in the arms of the Father who loves you so!

Kathy  :-*

karenmarie

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 10:40:44 AM »

I will put you and your son in my prayer notebook. I know the feeling of the quivering knees. I know how it is to not be able to shape prayers when feeling so devastated, but there are others around you who will spiritually be lifting up your arms, praying alongside.

Karen

Nan

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 11:03:36 AM »

I will pray for you and your family.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 12:46:15 PM »

Hi Orchidldy,

I thought of you when I was reading the transcript from the 2006 Bible Conference on “The Father’s Will” and ran across this statement by Ray.  I hope this may give you some comfort and strength as you go through your present trials and tribulations.  I will also continue to keep you in my prayers. :)

René

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3720.0.html

Some of you are now in a time of need.  This is the time to go to God for  mercy.  Sometimes you just have to cry out for mercy, you say I don’t mind troubles Lord, but it’s just getting too heavy.

Mat 11:28  Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
v. 29  Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
v. 30  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light."

So what do I do when I come to You?   “take My yoke.”  Wait a minute, I am heavy laden and you want to take a yoke, isn’t that work?  Listen, what is a yoke?  You don’t pay attention to the words.  How many have heard this scripture, “come unto Me…. take My yoke…. learn from Me…”  you have all read that.  What is a yoke?  It‘s a connecter bar with two loops that go down around the necks of oxen.  Two, it’s for two.  Christ didn’t say put a yoke around your neck and drag it around all day and you’ll do fine.  He said, take MY yoke.  There are two places on a yoke, there are two oxen pulling.  The yoke connects the two oxen and they pull together, because there is more power that way.  Christ said take MY yoke, and put it on.  So if you're in one and it’s Christ’s yoke, who is going to be on the other side?  Christ.  He is pulling the other side, He is right there with you, you're not doing it yourself.  And again when He talks about the yoke, He says I’m meek and humble. 

tau

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 03:00:45 PM »

Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Mat 18:19,20

You have come to Mount Zion, to the heavely Jerusalem, the city of the living God. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the first born, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the judge of all men, to the spirits of righteous men made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel, Heb 12:22-24

The LORD is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psa 34:18

The sacrifices of God are a broken  spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. Psa 51:17

Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor His ear to dull to hear. Isa 59:1

I pray that you and your family be strenghtened and your spirit be filled with His holy calmness. I pray that as you journey through this sea of uncertainty, may you be rest assured in the words of our Christ Jesus that calms the storms. He is a Mighty God whom we serve and he takes the ordinary into extra ordinary, the natural into supernatural, he is able to do far beyond our comprehesion. I pray that He be with you and your family and all of the members in this forum we put our faith with your faith that your prayers be heard. May you request be granted, according to His will. Amen.

hebrewroots98

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »

Hi Orchidlady,
I am praying for your son as well as for you.  I am aware of some alternative treatments if you are interested.  (I offered the same to Ray when he was first diagnosed with his situation...)
Just know that you have family here.  so glad that you are now posting.  It's been quite awhile since I've been able to post too, so I understand.)
Blessings,
Susan

orchidldy

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 08:04:18 PM »

Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for your prayers and support.  It means more than you can know...
and, actually, I did feel somewhat stronger today - I attribute it to your prayers.   Thanks again (and need I mention, thanks to the LORD)!

I will keep you updated on my son's condition. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.