bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Second Resurrection  (Read 4773 times)

JohnMichael

The Second Resurrection
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:21:44 PM »

This has been something I've been wondering, and maybe you all can correct/guide me in this.

For those that aren't the Elect of God, those raised in the second resurrection unto Judgment (White Throne), will they ever be granted immortality/spiritual bodies? I mean that question for after they go through the Lake of Fire?

From what I've been reading on this subject it sounds like Ray was saying (CORRECT me if I'm wrong) that the Elect will be the only ones given spiritual bodies while those in the second resurrection will only receive physical bodies.

I guess my question is will both the Elect and the Second be exactly the same after the Lake of Fire?

Please help me to understand.

Thanks,
John

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
Re: The Second Resurrection
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 08:40:45 PM »

All i know and belive is. God says  all creation will be reconcilled to Him. He is the judge  and He uses  the spiritual  lake of fire  to cleanse.
Walk in the Spirit

G. Driggs

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 09:57:15 PM »

Yes it seems all will eventually be in the spiritual image of God, one of the "perks" being no one will ever die again, aka immortality.

1Co 15:26  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

Rev 20:14  And death and hell (hades-the grave) were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

So if there's no more dying, it may be safe to say all will eventually be immortal spirit beings in the Family of God. Ultimately (but not only) isn't that all of what humanity is really being saved from? Death? Not some eternal torture chamber that "the many" teach and believe.

Here are a few short excerpts where Ray talks about what you ask.

--------------------------

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7047.0.html

What Paul did is called “overcoming,” and it’s the hardest thing in life to do, but the rewards are high.  A few fringe benefits are:

Access to the TREE OF LIFE, which means you will be given immortality, never die again or fear death or worry about death.

You avoid THE SECOND DEATH, which is not only the second death spiritually, but all the judgment and stuff that goes with it.  Why? Because you are judged now, if you are judged here you don’t need to be judged and condemned with the world later.

You get a NEW NAME, this means a lot of things, but it’s like you have to believe in the name and the name is everything that it represents and not just a new name, a better name.

POWER over the nation.

RIGHTEOUS garments, which mean we will be clothed in a perfect attitude, perfect righteousness.

Your new name will be CONFESSED BEFORE GOD THE FATHER.

Made a PILLAR, a mainstay, a vital support in the Temple of God.

SIT WITH CHRIST IN HIS THRONE.
(Rev. 2 & 3)

That’s a lot of good stuff.  In fact here’s a problem with it.  It’s too profound, we almost don’t even meditate on it. 
See if you could go into some kind of training and after so long you would be like a cabinet member of the president of the United States, you would say that would be pretty neat.  You might put up with a lot to go into some kind of training like that, because you would hob knob with the president on Air Force One, that a pretty neat plane.  You would meet all the other royalty around the world and so on and that would be pretty good. 

Don’t you reckon this is a little higher calling then that?  It is a high calling!  Really high!  Probably too high for our spirit to take it in.  We’re just... oh okay that is pretty cool.  But it really is great and I suppose, I’m thinking the further we go in life, if we believe these things, then it becomes more tangible.  Not only will we believe them and think about them, we’ll start expecting them.  Where the King James uses hope the Concordant uses expectation.  We will expect it, we’ll be looking for it that much.

----------------------------------

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm

Comment: No, what kind of silly unscriptural argument "is that?" It is almost blasphemy to take a grand and marvelous reward, of God’s, and turn it into something stupid and worthless. NO, God WILL NOT ANNIHILATE His very elect after the "eons"—plural. The eonian life of rulership and reigning with our Lord is a MOST SPECIAL AND PRECIOUS GIFT afforded the very elect overcomers ONLY. It is a glorious reward that lasts for THOUSANDS of years before the rest of humanity and the whole heavenly host of messengers are judged and enter the Family of God. Don’t demean it!

http://www.bible-truths.com/email2.htm

No, God is not playing chess with himself. God IS REPRODUCING HIMSELF! God's purpose for creation is far more than a game of chess. On God's chess board EVERYONE is a king and NO ONE gets "check-mated"! We are ALL WINNERS. We will ALL be the SONS OF GOD IN THE FAMILY OF GOD and Paul tells us that after death is abolished God will be ALL IN ALL (I Cor. 15:28).
-----------------------------

http://www.bible-truths.com/lake11.html

The DEPTHS of God—teaches that what God does and is, is LOVE! He is a God fully capable of bringing the whole human race to repentance through judgments that cause man to learn righteousness. The purpose for man’s creation is to teach him obedience and love, so that he can be molded into the very Image of God Himself and thus be manifested as the Eternal Sons and Daughters of God in the Family of God. God’s plan brings unspeakable happiness to and pleasure to every creature in heaven and earth. God’s plan will be totally successful down to God’s very last wish and desire. Possessing the very character of God and His love for all His creatures is the most marvelous plan ever conceived by our all-wise and Loving God.
-------------------------------

http://www.bible-truths.com/lake7.html

ALL OVERCOMERS RECEIVE ALL REWARDS

The whole book of Revelation is a book about the LIFE OF JESUS written for:

"He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To HIM [any individual member of the churches] that OVERCOMES will I give to eat of the tree of life" (Rev. 2:7).

Is this the sole reward of "HIM that overcomes?" NO!

There’s more; there’s MUCH MORE:

"He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death" (Rev. 2:11).

"To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows saving he that receives it" (2:17).

"And he that overcomes, and keeps my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations" (2:26).

"He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raimnent; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before His angels" (3:5).

"Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God: and I will write upon him My new name" (3:11).

"To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in His throne" (3:21).

No, the overcomers in one congregation, in one generation, don’t get one reward, while the overcomers in a different congregation, in a different generation, gets a different reward. No, a thousand times, "NO"—the overcomers in ALL congregations, in ALL generations, get ALL these rewards. Therefore the prophecies to these churches are written for all the churches of God through all generations.

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.bible-truths.com/email10.htm

God intends for ALL OF HIS CHILDREN to live ETERNALLY WITH HIM IN GLORY. When and how is this accomplished according to the Scriptures?

It is true that ALL WILL BE SAVED (I Tim. 2:4 and 4:10 and a hundred other verses like this). However, NOT ALL are saved at the same time. Only those in the FIRST RESURRECTION will inherit the Kingdom of God on earth to reign with Christ. ONLY the "very ELECT."  ONLY those who "OVERCOME." ONLY the "manifested SONS OF GOD."

Eternity in heaven is NOT the "REWARD" of the saved. EVERYONE will eventually be in the realm of heaven with God for eternity. But ONLY those who are accounted worthy to be in the first resurrection will receive a SPECIAL MARVELOUS GLORIOUS REWARD. And what is that glorious reward: "EONIAN [AGE-ABIDING] LIFE, in the KINGDOM OF GOD, ruling and reigning with Christ's for "aions of the aions" until ALL in the heavens and ALL in the earth, and ALL under the earth [the deceased] are ALSO BROUGHT IN GOD'S FAMILY!  It is a special reward to occurs AGES before the rest of humanity receive salvation. This reward is all through the New Testament, but few indeed, seem to see it.

What then happens to the "life" of all those who were given "aionion life." Do they DIE?  Does their life come to AN END?  Just what comes to an end, in THE END? Why, the "AIONS" [THE AGES], of course, come to an end. Do the Saints of the first resurrection then DIE WITH THE AGES? NO!! How so? If the "aions" END, and "aionion life" ENDS, why does not the life of the resurrected Saints ALSO END?  Because God gave them IMMORTALITY AND INCORRUPTION FROM THE BEGINNING OF THEIR RESURRECTION, AND THEY STILL HAVE AND POSSES IT!

"Aionion" life, age-abiding life, the special reward part of the Saints life, ENDS--BUT IMMORTALITY AND INCORRUPTION DOES NOT END. Immortal life can NEVER END BECAUSE IMMORTALITY MEANS: DEATH=LESS=NESS--never to DIE! But in the SECOND resurrection ALL HUMANITY IS GIVEN IMMORTALITY. And it is the very judgment of the white throne and the spiritual, divine, cleaning of God's
SPIRITUAL lake of fire than purifies all the wicked and unbelievers, until they ALL bow to the name of Jesus and call Him Lord and Saviour to the Glory of the Father   (Phil.2:10-11).

Hope I didn't go overboard with all these excerpts, and I hope it helps.

Peace,

G.Driggs

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 01:07:03 AM »

Hi John,

For those that aren't the Elect of God, those raised in the second resurrection unto Judgment (White Throne), will they ever be granted immortality/spiritual bodies? I mean that question for after they go through the Lake of Fire?

All those that were born before Jesus Christ will be raise in the second resurrection. That includes all the prophets and patriarchs, we have a whole list of them in Hebrews 11 that did not receive the promise. But for those it says "that they should not be made perfect apart from us."

Heb 11:39  And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise,
v. 40  God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect 5048 apart from us.

G5048 teleioō; to complete, that is, (literally) accomplish, or (figuratively) consummate (in character): - consecrate, finish, fulfil, (make) perfect.

So the Elect will be a part of making "perfect" to not only the prophets and patriarchs, but the rest of humanity as well.

1 Tim 4:10  For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

JohnMichael

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »

I have more understanding now. Thank you all for your help. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.