bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error in your 23 Minutes in Hell Paper?  (Read 5211 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Error in your 23 Minutes in Hell Paper?
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:36:20 AM »

Dear Ray

In your paper you wrote:

"What is it that causes one to repent? His so-called freedom of the will? No. it is "the goodness of God leads you ['leads' is the causal factor, not man's phantom 'free' will choice] to repentance."

Did you not mean that "goodness" is the causal factor instead of "leads"?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Andre

Dear Andre:  I could only wish that I would never make bigger mistakes than this.
I appreciate your critiquing my paper, but I believe you are splitting hairs on this one.
"God" is a noun,  "goodness" is a noun, but "leads" is a verb.  Verbs are words that
show existence or action (in this case the verb is "leads"). And so it is the action that does
the accomplishing.  Yes, it is God's "goodness" behind it, but we could dismiss both
goodness and leads, and go directly to the source which is God Himself--GOD brings
about repentance in sinners.  But God is present everywhere that sinners are found;
and His goodness is likewise found everywhere that sinners are found; but repentance
is NOT found everywhere that sinners are found.  Therefore, it is the word "leads" that
actually accomplishes the repentance in sinners.  Leading sinners to repentance is one of
the manifestations of God's goodness.  But if anyone wants to believe that it is "goodness"
rather than "leading" that brings about repentance, well that's fine with me.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.