bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Life, whats the point?  (Read 9495 times)

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Life, whats the point?
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 04:05:46 PM »

Thank you dave, that was very powerful.
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Stacey

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2011, 05:14:28 PM »

Hi lilitalienboi16. Minus the "whats" in the title of your thread is the answer. Life, the point.

It's full of ups and downs and things that are boring and not so interesting to us at times (just like some of the things in the Bible especially some of the Old Testament) but put it all together and the sum of it all brings out the point of it all.

This isn't gonna help you in the here and now I know. It's just an observation. Hang in there through the boring parts and eventually it will get better.  :)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:16:50 PM by Stacey »
Stacey

Marky Mark

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2011, 02:15:42 PM »

Hey Alex.

We all have to struggle with the things of the mind more so then one is led to believe.

Eph 6:12  Because our struggle is not against blood and flesh, but, against the principalities, against the authorities, against the world-holders, of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenlies.

It is for this very reason that we are here,in the flesh,that is,so mankind can eventually be converted into a Spiritual being.

1Co 15:48  As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49  And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

The evil spirits that our God sends to chasten us is all part of His purpose for mankind.They certainly can take on different variations,but none the less, all is of God.

1Sa 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

These evil spirits can manifest as physical ailments as in a crippled woman;

Luk 13:11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself.

or as a deaf mute;

Mar 9:25  When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.

Mental ailments are also part of His plan,

2Ti 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Act 16:16  And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:

I guess my point Alex is,as hard as our troubles may seem to be in the flesh, they are all part of the process that God has deemed necessary for his creation,that being ,to experience some form of evil, be it in a physical form or a mental one, so that we can be humbled by it.

1Pe 4:12  Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

Ecc 1:13 it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

He knows best of what condition we have to experience in order to become righteous sons and daughters. He's the boss.

Eph 1:11  In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

You,me, we can get through our trails because He has spoken it;

1Co 10:13 No trial has taken you except what is human. Now, faithful is God, Who will not be leaving you to be tried above what you are able, but, together with the trial, will be making the sequel also, to enable you to undergo it."

Its all a process that we should rejoice in because the end result is for our own good.

Col 1:24  Now I have joy in my pain because of you, and in my flesh I undergo whatever is still needed to make the sorrows of Christ complete, for the salvation of his body, the church;

When we come from an understanding that we are who we are, and experience the things that we experience because all is of God,we then can begin to understand that...

He causes us to under-go an evil condition and to overcome it by way of His Holy Spirit in order that His perfect plan and will in our lives can be seen for what it really is,which is, the purpose of becoming Spiritually mature and complete unto salvation.

Is it easy?  No. But then again,who ever said it could or would be. Keep the Faith Alex,you are in training to be a son of The Most High.

Hope this helps some.

Peace...Mark
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:18:44 PM by Marky Mark »

Duane

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2011, 07:27:56 PM »

Markymark....WOW! WHAT AN ANSWER!  I learned more from that little sermon than I hae learned from years of attending church!  I NEVER heard, nor will hear, a sermon on this topic.
Though your answers are ALWAYS extremely well thought out -and prayed out-you, as a vessel, really outdid yourself---THANK YOU--you helped ALL OF US!
Oh, that I should be so wise!

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »

Thank you mark, it helps to know this is a very human experience.

"Do GOOD." Thats what Ill do, Alexander. A mighty name and not without reason. Defender of mankind, by His grace and mercy.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:01:51 PM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Marky Mark

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 04:02:05 PM »

Duane and Alex,your both welcome.

All is of God...

Peace...Mark

Pini56

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2011, 08:45:00 AM »

Hello,

I Just Thought I would Throw This in.

7 Light is sweet; it’s wonderful to see the sun! 8 When people live to be very old, let them rejoice in every day of life. But let them also remember that the dark days will be many. Everything still to come is meaningless.
9 Young man, it’s wonderful to be young! Enjoy every minute of it. Do everything you want to do; take it all in. But remember that you must give an account to God for everything you do. 10 So banish grief and pain, but remember that youth, with a whole life before it, still faces the threat of meaninglessness.
13 Here is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey his commands, for this is the duty of every person. 14 God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad. ECC. 11:7-10. 12:13. NLT.

Let the Peace of God fill your heart in anything you do. If you are in turmoil about anything seek God in Prayer and the Peace that comes will guide your Heart and Mind. Regards Geoff.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2011, 03:07:20 AM »

wow, I can't help but feel that new living translation was just speaking right at me, as if this question had been long aticipated. I wonder how accurate that rendition of ecc. is. Thats interesting, thanks for sharing it Geoff :)

space.ace.jase

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 06:47:31 AM »

Hi Alex,

I'm in somewhat of a similar situation to yourself actually so I thought I would post a comment. I am currently studying another course (which I am only vaguely interested in) to be able to get into my course that I actually want to do. Sometimes I really struggle doing the essay's and such but what gets me through is channeling all my frustration of having to do this course into getting it finished. It's probably a little weird but when I have something to get done and I really don't want to do it I sort of say to myself "THIS IS SO STUPID HAVING DO THIS ESSAY THAT I DON'T CARE ABOUT! I'M JUST GOING TO DESTROY THIS PAPER AND GET A REALLY GOOD GRADE"

When I get into this mindset I stop whining about having to do it and can just sit down and write it out. It's kind of like someone telling you that you can't do something so you fire up and do the thing to prove it to them that you can.

One last comment I will leave is, in a book I read a while ago, it talks about people making a simple task 10 times harder than it needs to be. Sometimes we need to just get out of our own head and just do it (over-thinking can actually be a BAD thing). I do this all the time as I will turn a simple task (e.g. going for a walk) into an internal debate whether I should go for a walk now or later on in the day, where I should walk to, how long I should go for a walk, whether I should even bother going for a walk as it's really hot etc. etc. So after thinking about every possible scenario (which took 1 hour) I finally put on my shoes and go for a walk. Instead of wasting all the time and stressing about a simple task I could have just said "OK I'm going for a walk now" put my shoes on and gone for a walk straight away. 

Anyway hope all my ramblings may help you in some way.

Kind regards,
Jase

Vangie

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 04:34:45 PM »

Jase, I can relate to what you posted--thank you for spelling it out so succinctly! Just do it already, right?!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 19 queries.