bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: May 21,2011  (Read 9806 times)

dre91

May 21,2011
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »

My sister informed me that a guy named harold camping predicted that jesus would return on may 21,2011. I did some research on it and I found that some people have quit their jobs to spread his prediction.i was just wondering if anyone has heard this prediction

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: May 21,2011
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:14:55 PM »

Harold has made a number of failed predictions over the years if you want to google them.  Don't worry about anything this guy has to say.

JohnMichael

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:27:50 PM »

Sad how they blaspheme the Word of God.

Mat 24:36  `And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known--not even the messengers of the heavens--except my Father only;

Samson

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »

Sad how they blaspheme the Word of God.

Mat 24:36  `And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known--not even the messengers of the heavens--except my Father only;

So True John,

Of course, this is nothing new(Attempting to ascertain The End Of The Age), My Former Religious affiliation(JW'S) excelled in this, although in the last twenty years, they are much more cautious in this regard, they make claims of a more subtle nature in recent years without specifically referring to Dates.

In the Second Century of Our Common Era(CE), a "Church" Father by the name of Papias who actually knew, John The Apostle thought Christ would return and start His Millennial Reign and throughout the Centuries into the present there were Groups & individuals that thought the End would occur. Some Scriptures below to consider before making Bold Predictions.

Deu 18:20  But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21  And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22  When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Act 1:6  When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7  And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

Luk 21:7  And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
Luk 21:8  And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
Luk 21:9  But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

Luk 17:22  And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.
Luk 17:23  And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.
Luk 17:24  For as the lightning, that lighteneth out of the one part under heaven, shineth unto the other part under heaven; so shall also the Son of man be in his day.

Mat 24:23  Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
Mat 24:25  Behold, I have told you before.
Mat 24:26  Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Mat 24:26  Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
Mat 24:27  For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mat 24:37  But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39  And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Mat 24:43  But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
Mat 24:44  Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Mar 13:5  And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
Mar 13:6  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mar 13:7  And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.

Mar 13:21  And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
Mar 13:22  For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
Mar 13:23  But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Mar 13:32  But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
Mar 13:33  Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
Mar 13:34  For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Mar 13:35  Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
Mar 13:36  Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
Mar 13:37  And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

Keep Awake, Stay Alert & Be Watchful, Samson.

dre91

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 08:18:15 AM »

Thanks.i wasn't worried about it.i just needed some scriptures to show my sister.she texted me the date and asked me if I knew about it.

lauriellen

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 01:23:30 PM »

May 21, 2011 is not soon enough for me as far as i am concerned. i am sick of this present evil era. just my 2 cents worth.
lauriellen

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 01:36:27 PM »

Same with me, I know he's not right but I wish he were....

Because....

You knuckle heads are driving me crazy  :o  ;)   ;D ;D

Craig
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:38:51 PM by Craig »

JohnMichael

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 02:20:11 PM »

Same with me, I know he's not right but I wish he were....

Because....

You knuckle heads are driving me crazy  :o  ;)   ;D ;D

Craig

We love you too, Craig :P

Joel

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:40 PM »

Somebody will need a hug, come May 22, 2011.

Joel

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »

Your are spot on Abednego, I am feeling an overwhelming sense of compassion for these people at this time. :(

G. Driggs

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 01:12:32 AM »

My sister informed me that a guy named harold camping predicted that jesus would return on may 21,2011. I did some research on it and I found that some people have quit their jobs to spread his prediction.i was just wondering if anyone has heard this prediction

What Harold Camping probably does not understand or would even believe is that Jesus comes much quicker than he thinks.......at least for a few.

Mat 12:28  But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Rev 22:20  He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Isn't this what Scripture says through Ray?

http://www.bible-truths.com/lake7.html

WHEN IS THE TIME AT HAND THAT JESUS COMES QUICKLY?

What and how then, does anything in this book come about "quickly?" Good question. Obviously not everything in the whole book has come about "quickly," because there is much yet to come about and be fulfilled. Just what then does come about "quickly?"

When Jesus tells John that He wants His servants to see what must "quickly" (or shortly, if anyone insists on using that word), He does not say that everything in this book must quickly or shortly, come to pass. Notice it: One time we are told that the third woe comes "quickly." And all of the other six times it is Jesus Christ Himself that comes "quickly."

"The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe comes quickly" (Rev. 11:14).

That is, it comes quickly behind the second woe. We have the first woe, then the second woe, and right on the heels of the second woe comes quickly the third and final woe. And so this use of the word "quickly" proves nothing concerning how long it takes to fulfill the whole book of Revelation.

So really then, the only use of the word quickly that we need to understand is how it is used with reference to Jesus Christ "coming quickly." Six times we are told, "I will come… I will come… I come… I come… I come… I come…" So it is JESUS CHRIST that "comes quickly," rather than all of the prophecies of the book being fulfilled quickly in any ONE generation.

Nowhere in Revelation does it say that every prophecy in the book will be fulfilled, quickly in any one generation—either past, present, or future. It is not just in one end-time generation that Revelation is fulfilled quickly! NO! It is fulfilled "quickly" in each and every person who "READS AND UNDERSTANDS" this prophecy, through all generations, even though there is an eventual culmination at the lake of fire and final white throne judgment.

-----------------------

G.Driggs

gmik

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »

What about this scenario? ;)

Seems to me that God is very scientific. Ray went into some of this in Nashville.  Maybe the way we all go out will be scientific as well....

like our sun going out?

::) :o :D

Linny

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 02:01:07 AM »

I'm with Lauriellen. Let's go!
Heck, all this rain (and my husband's constant complaining about it  ;)) is enough to push me over the edge!

dre91

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

I'm ready to go myself.I'm tired of this evil world myself.i wish he was right.

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 01:07:26 PM »

He can take me any time He wants.  I've never longed for the world to end.  Right or wrong?  Don't know. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

zvezda

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »

Mat 24:43  But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

Mar 13:34  For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Mar 13:35  Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

this may be a stupid question but, what are we supposed to watch (physically/spiritually)? the church says watch out for physical signs like natural disasters, people who claim to be Jesus, 666 tattoo on someone's forehead or arms or whatever... we know those church teachings are false.
so what are we supposed to watch? we can't stay alert until we know what to watch, right? if we know the truth, does that mean we are already staying alert? ???

Kat

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 03:34:29 PM »

Hi Zvezda,

so what are we supposed to watch? we can't stay alert until we know what to watch, right? if we know the truth, does that mean we are already staying alert?

I found a few Scriptures that I think indicate what this "watch" is talking about. These verses are from the English Standard Version.

Luke 21:34  "But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.

2John 1:5  And now I ask you, dear lady--not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but the one we have had from the beginning--that we love one another.
v. 6  And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.
v. 7  For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Such a one is the deceiver and the antichrist.
v. 8  Watch yourselves, so that you may not lose what we have worked for, but may win a full reward.
v. 9  Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

1Tim 4:13  Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.
v. 14  Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you.
v. 15  Practice these things, immerse yourself in them, so that all may see your progress.
v. 16  Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.

Gal 6:1  Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Kat

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »

Hi Abednego,

I get a real sense of joy when I can find Scripture to help someone with a question. But it is great help to my own understanding to search out these things as well.

Kat

zvezda

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 12:48:43 AM »

thanks Kat!  :D

Samson

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 01:28:56 PM »

this may be a stupid question but, what are we supposed to watch (physically/spiritually)? the church says watch out for physical signs like natural disasters, people who claim to be Jesus, 666 tattoo on someone's forehead or arms or whatever... we know those church teachings are false.
so what are we supposed to watch? we can't stay alert until we know what to watch, right? if we know the truth, does that mean we are already staying alert? ???

The following Scriptures are a compliment to Kat's Post in keeping with Your question as to staying alert & what are we supposed to do, what we are supposed to avoid. The people of the World are always looking & searching for physical signs or manifestations, especially Food Shortages or Famine, Earthquakes, Disease or Pestilence & Wars, etc. Different periods of time since the First Century have experienced these things to a large degree, the 12th Century comes to mind. Anyway, before Jesus mentions these conditions at Matthew Chapter 24, He cautions us with the following. (Read Below).

Mat 24:4  And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Luk 21:8  And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.
Luk 21:9  But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

Below are the Scriptures that tie into Kat's train of thought, not completely, but these Scriptures about what our mind set should be & state of individual affairs. ( Read Below).

Luk 17:26  And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Luk 17:27  They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:28  Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
Luk 17:29  But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:30  Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
Luk 17:31  In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
Luk 17:32  Remember Lot's wife.
Luk 17:33  Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

Mat 24:37  But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39  And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
2Pe 3:3  Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
2Pe 3:4  And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5  For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6  Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
2Pe 3:7  But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

The above Scriptures seem to indicate that People were going about their daily state of affairs, Eating, Drinking, Men Marrying, Women being given in Marriage, Planting, Building, buying, selling. The regular everyday cares & anxieties of Life, but they took no note or were not paying attention or being watchful, each individually with their personal lives & families. Hence the passage at Matthew chapter 6 may benefit all of us individually considering "Staying Alert' & Watchful. (Read Below)

Mat 6:31  Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
Mat 6:32  (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
Mat 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Mat 6:34  Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Hope this Helps, Samson.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.