bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joshua got it right?  (Read 5472 times)

djc56

Joshua got it right?
« on: April 30, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »

Years ago in my Navy days (early 70's) I would try and trip up "Christians" and figuratively destroy God's Word, by pointing out Joshua telling the sun to stand still.

I would ask what can you believe from a "book" that has such simple science wrong, and then believe in creation... Oh have I repented.

In many e-mails recorded here, Ray points out to his detractors that they may eat their words one day.

I am convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Joshua got it right. The sun revolves around the earth, and it stopped its orbit on Joshua's long day. Joshua 10: 12-13.

Einstein was a huckster promoting the sham relgion "scientism" or, science so called. Not all preists wear their collars backwards. Many wear suits and white lab coats.

In short brothers and sisters, perhaps you should revist your beliefs on this subject...just a suggestion.

mharrell08

Re: Joshua got it right?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 02:20:09 PM »

Years ago in my Navy days (early 70's) I would try and trip up "Christians" and figuratively destroy God's Word, by pointing out Joshua telling the sun to stand still.

I would ask what can you believe from a "book" that has such simple science wrong, and then believe in creation... Oh have I repented.

In many e-mails recorded here, Ray points out to his detractors that they may eat their words one day.

I am convinced, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Joshua got it right. The sun revolves around the earth, and it stopped its orbit on Joshua's long day. Joshua 10: 12-13.

Einstein was a huckster promoting the sham relgion "scientism" or, science so called. Not all preists wear their collars backwards. Many wear suits and white lab coats.

In short brothers and sisters, perhaps you should revist your beliefs on this subject...just a suggestion.

Hello Djc56,

Can you elaborate on who these brothers & sisters are and what they need to change their beliefs from?

djc56

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 03:58:12 PM »

Greetings mharrell08:

We had a saying in the Navy when transmitting: "Broadcast in the clear" It meant you had no idea who could hear it. But you hoped someone was listening.

I cannot know which fellow like minded believers and obeyers of God (male/female = "brothers and sisters") believe heliocentric vs geocentric...
I was simply making a declaratory statement for anyone and everyone's benefit.
Geocentric.

I did mention I have repented of this part of my past, and I think anytime God's word is vindicated by true science, (His science) it eliminates doubt for those who might think the way I once did.

Thanks for your question, did I answer it?

djc56

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:12:49 PM »

mharrell08: well said.
John from Kentucky - greetings to you.
Yes, I KNOW that, (not "believe") and Joshua declares it. He (Joshua) did tell the SUN to "stand still", not the non-moving earth. The earth hangs firm, non-moving in the Van  Allen Belt.
Again, see what Scripture declares in Joshua 10: 12-13.
I do not argue with the Word of God.

markn902

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:34:33 PM »

???

mharrell08

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 11:41:21 PM »

mharrell08: well said.
John from Kentucky - greetings to you.
Yes, I KNOW that, (not "believe") and Joshua declares it. He (Joshua) did tell the SUN to "stand still", not the non-moving earth. The earth hangs firm, non-moving in the Van  Allen Belt.
Again, see what Scripture declares in Joshua 10: 12-13.
I do not argue with the Word of God.

I'm sorry Djc56, I was even more confused by your comments than I realized. The sun does not revolve around the earth, it's the other way around.

I'm probably going to close this thread now, Djc56...you'll only find opposing views on your belief.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.