bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "and the truth will set you free"  (Read 5200 times)

GaryK

"and the truth will set you free"
« on: April 30, 2011, 10:28:13 PM »

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”    They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”   Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

The…………….”truth”.

What is the truth?

gk

longhorn

Re: "and the truth will set you free"
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 11:03:09 PM »

The entirety of God's word is truth.  Christ will reconcile " ALL " things to himself, and we will be All in All. 

Longhorn

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 11:07:21 PM »

Hey gk,
Your question can hardly be answered in a forum thread.
If you believe the words of scripture than you will know the truth.
You will know because you believe the words Jesus spoke and every time you hear a statement opposite of Christ words it will be a lie.
Also consider the scripture you posted:

Joh 8:31  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
Joh 8:33  They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
Joh 8:34  Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35  And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36  If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Continue in the word!
Hold to his teachings!

Hope this helps
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Revilonivek

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:42:30 PM »

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”    They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”   Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

The…………….”truth”.

What is the truth?

gk

Here's for inspiration.

Hebrews 8:11-12 (Young's Literal Translation)

11and they shall not teach each his neighbour, and each his brother, saying, Know thou the Lord, because they shall all know Me from the small one of them unto the great one of them,

12because I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawlessnesses I will remember no more;' --

Denise

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 11:44:37 PM »

What is the truth?

It's actually more of a 'Who' rather than 'What:

John 14:6  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life...."

adiamondintheson

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »

mharrell08's answer is short and to the POINT.... but it's just as simple as that.... John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me....  so it is HIM, the WHO!! 

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I picture freedom as coming out of a deep, dark forest.... lost and stumbling, falling, tired, lonely, afraid, being chased by unknown creatures.  But surely, there shines that LITTLE BIT OF LIGHT... “His Word... the Truth... and it points the way out of that dark place.. and more and more as we turn to the Light... the shadows of darkness are dispelled and the things that were so frightening and unknown become less... and if we keep walking in and toward that light, the holds that were on us in the darkness FLEE.... we become FREEEEE!!!  Thank you Jesus.  That's salvation to me.... becoming FREE!

JohnMichael

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 07:59:02 PM »

What is the truth?

It's actually more of a 'Who' rather than 'What:

John 14:6  Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life...."

Quoted for Truth. It seems such a simple answer, but it is such a profound answer at the same time. Jesus is the answer. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.