bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aorist Tense  (Read 5514 times)

Dawidos

Aorist Tense
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:33:19 AM »

Hello, dear brothers and sister.

Could you list some Scriptures essential for our doctrine (universal salvation) which are in greek aorist tense? I know Genesis 1:26: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness (which means God is making man in his image) and John 1:29: This is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world (this process of taking sins away continues until the universal reconcilation of mankind).

G. Driggs

Re: Aorist Tense
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 12:16:36 PM »

Good one JohnMichael! Here are few of my favorites.

Isa 45:22  Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
Isa 45:23  I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Php 2:9  Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10  That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1Jn 4:15  Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

G.Driggs

JohnMichael

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »

John 3:16 For God so loves the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whosoever is-believing in Him should not perish, but have eonion life.

(WNT)

1Jn 4:7  Beloved, may we love one another, because the love is of God, and every one who is loving, of God he hath been begotten, and doth know God;
1Jn 4:8  he who is not loving did not know God, because God is love.

1Co 13:1  If I can speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but am destitute of Love, I have but become a loud-sounding trumpet or a clanging cymbal.
1Co 13:2  If I possess the gift of prophecy and am versed in all mysteries and all knowledge, and have such absolute faith that I can remove mountains, but am destitute of Love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  And if I distribute all my possessions to the poor, and give up my body to be burned, but am destitute of Love, it profits me nothing.

1Co 13:4  Love is patient and kind. Love knows neither envy nor jealousy. Love is not forward and self-assertive, nor boastful and conceited.
1Co 13:5  She does not behave unbecomingly, nor seek to aggrandize herself, nor blaze out in passionate anger, nor brood over wrongs.
1Co 13:6  She finds no pleasure in injustice done to others, but joyfully sides with the truth.
1Co 13:7  She knows how to be silent. She is full of trust, full of hope, full of patient endurance.
1Co 13:8  Love never fails. But if there are prophecies, they will be done away with; if there are languages, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be brought to an end.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:44:31 PM by JohnMichael »

Kat

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 01:26:37 PM »

Hi Dawidos,

I did a search through Ray's articles and found a good number of Scriptures that should be in the aorist tense.

Isa 40:22  He who is sitting on the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are as grasshoppers, He who is stretching out as a thin thing the heavens, And spreadeth them as a tent to dwell in.

John 3:36 He who is believing in the Son has life eonian, yet he who is stubborn as to the Son shall not be seeing life, but the indignation of God is remaining on him." (CLV)

Rom 1:8 First, indeed, I am thanking my God through Jesus Christ concerning all of you, that your faith is being announced in the whole world." (CLV)

Rom 8:20 For to vanity was the creation subjected, not voluntarily, but because of Him Who subjects it, in expectation"

Rom 8:30 Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls also, and whom He calls, these He justifies also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also." (CLV)

2Tim 1:9 Who saves us and calls us with a holy calling, not in accord with our acts, but in accord with His own purpose and the grace which is given to us in Christ Jesus before times eonian,

1Th 1:10  and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. (ESV)

1Cor 1:18  For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.  (ESV)

2Cor 2:15  For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, (ESV)

2Cor 5:21 For the One not knowing sin, He makes to be a sin offering for our sakes that we may be becoming God's righteousness in Him." (CLV)

Col 1:23 since surely you are persisting in the faith, grounded and settled and are not being removed from the expectation of the evangel which you hear which is being heralded in the entire creation which is under heaven of which I, Paul, became the dispenser." (CLV)

Titus 3:5 not for works which are wrought in righteousness which we do, but according to His mercy, He saves us, through the bath of renascence and renewal of holy spirit, (CLV)

1John 5:11 And this is the testimony, that God gives us life eonian, and this life is in His Son." (CLV)

Rev 11:15 And the seventh messenger trumpets. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of this world became our Lord's and His Christ's, and He shall be reigning for the eons of the eons! Amen!" (CLV)

Rev 22:5 And night shall be no more, and they have no need of lamplight and sunlight, for the Lord God shall be illuminating them. And they shall be reigning for the eons of the eons."

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:48:32 PM by Kat »

Dawidos

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 02:33:49 PM »

Thank you all for your response. Kat, you did search through. I should have done that. Lazy beast, I am...

Kat

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 03:13:50 PM »

Hi Dawidos,

Just doing what I do (searching) not trying to show you up or anything like that  :)  Just didn't want to take credit for all these Scripture, as Ray had already brought them out in his articles.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Dawidos

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »

Yeah. I know and I'm very grateful. I was joking about me :D :D You are irreplaceable :)

Love you (agape-love) and God bless all of you.

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 10:37:34 PM »

I've found in the various translations available to E-sword that the 'literal' translations tend to be more consistent in verb-tenses of the Greek.  On my list, that is mostly the Concordant Literal Version and Young's Literal Translation.  Both (but especially the CLV) can be cumbersome to just 'read', but I find myself always checking them for confirmation of verb tense.  Just an observation.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Duane

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 08:29:56 PM »

In reading the LOF 111, I soon realized how vitally important the aorist tense is to understanding the Bible, and in all my years of church and formal training, I never heard it mentioned once!
It IS, in fundamental circles, a present/or non situation.  You ARE/AREN'T saved etc.  All the verses with the aorist etense are  QUOTED but with no thought of it being an action/on-going verb!
Being guilty of it myself, all these years, I see how I, myself, was blinded!   Thank God for the truth and this web-site which God made sure I didn't pass by.
I REALLY feel selected for whatever His purpose is and try to apply the aorist tense to my life! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.