bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Usama Bin Laden Dead  (Read 8019 times)

longhorn

Usama Bin Laden Dead
« on: May 02, 2011, 01:40:15 AM »

It will be interesting to see how the " Church World " reacts to this news.  Will the words spoken by Christ in Matthew 5:44-45 be recognized by those professing Christianity?

Longhorn

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Re: Usama Bin Laden Dead
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 02:14:13 AM »

Facebook is full of hate right now, from professing christians :-\
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 02:58:28 AM »

Remember this one.

LOF 16d excerpted

JESUS AND HIS DISCIPLES ON THE MOUNT

The following verses taken from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount make it abundantly clear that Jesus was not addressing the Pharisees, or Saducees, or the Priests, or Scribes, or even the multitudes which did not follow Jesus up the mountain, but waited for His return. Rather, Jesus addressed His Own disciples (of whom there were initially, many) who followed Him up the mountain. These only He instructed regarding a much higher standard of conduct and judgment:

"...and when He was set, His DISCIPLES came unto Him" (Matt. 5:1)

"And He opened His mouth, and taught THEM [His disciples]" (Ver. 2).

"Blessed are YE [all you disciples]..." (Ver. 11).

"...for great is YOUR [disciples'] reward..." (Ver. 12).

"YE [disciples] are the salt of the earth..." (Ver. 13).

"YE [disciples] are the light of the world..." (Ver. 14).

"Let YOUR [disciples'] light so shine..." (Ver. 16).

"For verily I say unto YOU [disciples]..." (Ver. 18).

"For I say unto YOU [disciples]..." (Ver. 20).

"YE [disciples] have heard that it was said..." (Ver. 21).

"But I say unto YOU [disciples]... whosoever is angry..." (Ver. 22).

"But I say unto YOU [disciples]... shall say to his brother, Raca..." (Ver. 22).

"But I say unto YOU [disciples]... whosoever shall say , 'You fool' shall be in danger of hell [Gehenna] fire" (Ver. 22).

"Therefore if YOU [disciples] bring your gift..." (Ver. 23).

"Agree with YOUR [disciples] adversary quickly..." (Ver. 25).

"Veryily I say unto YOU [disciples], YOU [disciples] shall by no means come out thence, till YOU [disciples] have paid the uttermost farthing" (Ver. 26).

"But I say unto YOU [disciples], that whosoever looks on a woman to lust..." (Ver. 28).

"And if YOUR right eye offend YOU [disciples], pluck it out, and cast it from YOU: for it is profitable for YOU [disciples] that one of YOUR members should perish, and not that YOUR whole body [the bodies of Christ's disciples, not the wicked unbelievers in the day of Judgment] should be cast into hell [Gehenna fire]" (Ver. 29).

"And if YOUR right hand offend YOU, cut it off, and cast it from YOU: for it is profitable for YOU [disciples of Mine] that one of YOUR members should perish, and not that YOUR whole body should be cast into hell [Gehenna fire]" (Verse 30).

Any question as to whom Jesus addressed His "Sermon on the Mount?" Is this "Gehenna fire" for the world of unbelieving sinners, or for His Own Disciples?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

longhorn

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 03:06:43 AM »

How many Billions of $ have we spent militarily tracking down 1 single individual who's been hidding in caves for the last 10 years?  I personally believe this will have little to no effect on terroist activity in the USA and abroad.  It does however remind me of the scripture in Matthew 23 where Christ talks about traveling land and sea to win 1 proselyte, and when he is won, he is twice as much a son of the grave.

Longhorn

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 04:20:29 AM »

I get nothing but "Justice has been served" statements.
Sometimes I wonder why I post anything on facebook :-\
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 05:56:34 AM »

Homo sapiens are capable of such nightmarish thoughts ~  finding comfort in death, liberty in war, power in destruction, security in money, peace in distractiions and honor in illusions ~ which is insane.

We can rest assured that the Holy Spirit of God  will not fulfill a function that He doesn't see and recognize as His ~  to work in accord to God's good Will and Purpose, that all will be saved. :)

Great post Longhorn.

Arc

acomplishedartis

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 06:19:39 AM »

Homo sapiens are capable of such nightmarish thoughts ~  finding comfort in death, liberty in war, power in destruction, security in money, peace in distractiions and honor in illusions ~ which is insane.

We can rest assured that the Holy Spirit of God  will not fulfill a function that He doesn't see and recognize as His ~  to work in accord to God's good Will and Purpose, that all will be saved. :)

Arc

Much content in a few words. well said.      'Insane' is a good word choice.

Insane  * 1 in or relating to an unsound state of mind; seriously mentally ill.

* 2 extremely foolish; irrational.

JohnMichael

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:25 AM »

Was anyone else sad when he/she heard about this - or grieved?

Extol

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 11:27:41 AM »

I was more saddened by the cheerful reaction of seemingly everybody. As for bin Laden, I just tell myself, as I do when anyone dies, "He will live again."  :)

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 11:32:14 AM »

I didn't really have an emotion, John.  I was trying to watch the news without getting angry with the talking heads.  It's going to take a bit to process this.  The best I can do right now is to not join any parades.  That's doable.  

I have to remember that God's will IS done on earth as it is in Heaven, though not always for the reasons that anybody thinks.  If the sermon on the mount is for true disciples, then it is not for the Church world or the world at large.  (see quote above)  For now, I'm going to let the dead bury the dead.    
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

JohnMichael

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 12:20:55 PM »

I was more saddened by the cheerful reaction of seemingly everybody. As for bin Laden, I just tell myself, as I do when anyone dies, "He will live again."  :)

True. That's part of what grieved me. How everyone is relishing in the death of another human being.

I didn't really have an emotion, John.  I was trying to watch the news without getting angry with the talking heads.  It's going to take a bit to process this.  The best I can do right now is to not join any parades.  That's doable. 

I have to remember that God's will IS done on earth as it is in Heaven, though not always for the reasons that anybody thinks.  If the sermon on the mount is for true disciples, then it is not for the Church world or the world at large.  (see quote above)  For now, I'm going to let the dead bury the dead.   

It just grieved me that humanity enjoys killing each other. Regardless of his past actions, he was still a human being, you know? If that makes me unpatriotic, so be it. He will still be brought into the family of God - that gives me comfort. :)

gmik

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:41 PM »

Anyone know the scripture reference:  God is not pleased by the death of the wicked...or somethng like that...can't find it in my concordance

but that is what I would like to put on FB but I am going to stay out of the fray....

Aatos

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 03:36:22 PM »

Am I the only one here that's not exactly 'upset' per se?  Surely we all know that this was a part of God's plan the entire time. 

longhorn

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 03:51:51 PM »

Not having anyone (family member - friends) who lost their lives Sept 11, I guess it is somewhat easier to distant myself from the personal effects of his death.  Can't honestly say how I would feel if I had lost a loved one or close friend.  I still struggle with anger when someone cut's me off on the highway.  I grew up in a military family ( Dad is retired Major General ) in the Air Force, so I'm pretty much just trying to stay out of the " what do you think " conversations with family.

Longhorn

daywalker

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 05:19:37 PM »

I thought Bin Laden died years ago from a kidney problem or something...  ???

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 06:34:25 PM »

So interesting. One of my coworkers asked me this morning how I felt about Osama's death. I told him my heart sank a little when I saw the crowds of Americans cheering on the news. It just doesn't sit well with me.
Elaine

Linny

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 06:36:15 PM »

Are we the only ones here that don't put their trust in the government and their media?
After Pearl Harbor, the Kennedy assassinations, etc., etc. I have no faith in their side of the story.
Yes, daywalker, the man was on dialysis YEARS ago. We figured he'd been dead for years. I've had 2 parents on dialysis. Makes it very tough to last for this long.

JohnMichael

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 06:37:13 PM »

Would Christ approve of such an attitude? Rejoicing in the death of someone? While, yes, every man is appointed a day to die, does our Father take pleasure in the death of the wicked? Does He rejoice when His children kill each other? Is God's justice to be lowered to man's flawed idea of justice?

Mat 5:38  "You have heard that it was said, 'EYE FOR EYE, TOOTH FOR TOOTH.'
Mat 5:39  But I tell you not to resist a wicked man, but if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other to him as well.

Mat 5:43  "You have heard that it was said, 'THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR and hate thine enemy.'
Mat 5:44  But I command you all, love your enemies, and pray for your persecutors;
Mat 5:45  that so you may become true sons of your Father in Heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the wicked as well as the good, and sends rain upon those who do right and those who do wrong.

Mat 5:46  For if you love only those who love you, what reward have you earned? Do not even the tax-gatherers do that?
Mat 5:47  And if you salute only your near relatives, what praise is due to you? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?
Mat 5:48  You however are to be complete in goodness, as your Heavenly Father is complete.

1Co 13:1  If I can speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but am destitute of Love, I have but become a loud-sounding trumpet or a clanging cymbal.
1Co 13:2  If I possess the gift of prophecy and am versed in all mysteries and all knowledge, and have such absolute faith that I can remove mountains, but am destitute of Love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  And if I distribute all my possessions to the poor, and give up my body to be burned, but am destitute of Love, it profits me nothing.

While I realize that this man did horrible things, and yes, he will have to answer to God for those things, I will not rejoice in the fact that he was murdered. I will not rejoice in his death.

Mat 5:7  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

mharrell08

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 06:43:33 PM »

What's done is done...let's move on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 22 queries.